Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Among large metros/cities (1+ Million) have you ever had breakfast, lunch, dinner in three different
Yes I have! 13 86.67%
No, I haven't! 1 6.67%
No, I have not, but I want to someday! 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 12:47 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,118,832 times

Advertisements

Among the many large cities in the country. I was talking to a friend on AIM lol, and I told him about how last week I had Breakfast in downtown Austin (Crave), lunch in downtown San Antonio (Rita's), and dinner in Uptown Houston (Maggianos).

So we both know have a common friend (He is a California native that no longer lives there anymore or hasn't for several years now) that we know that had Breakfast at the Great Wall of China (near there) lunch on the plane and dinner in London near the Big Ben. (From what the person told)

Anyways, can you realistically list examples of places that you can have breakfast, lunch, and dinner (all three) in three different cities? Large cities/metros by the way, 1 Million + for metros.

And no, Fort Worth, San Jose, Oakland, Saint Paul, Fort Lauderdale don't count. Lol.

Perhaps something like (an example), Breakfast in Boston, lunch in New York City, and dinner in Washington DC.

Please answer the statement in bold. I would like to see the variation of possible choices, and no airline traveling does not count. Haha.

Your turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 06:24 AM

23,580 posts, read 44,317,466 times
Yes. Breakfast at my hotel in Prague. Lunch in Frankfurt with friends. Dinner in Berlin.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:01 AM

793 posts, read 1,458,151 times
Its funny you mention to Boston-NYC-DC thing, because I did that just last month.

I had Breakfast at Flour Bakery in Boston (One of my favorite bakeries on earth, btw); Hopped on the Acela for a lunch meeting in NYC at Eleven Madison Park; then flew to Baltimore that evening and had dinner at Ryleigh Oyster in Federal Hill.

Since I live between Boston and Istanbul, I do the breakfast on the plane; lunch in Amsterdam or Paris then Dinner in Istanbul thing quite often (factoring in the time changes)

Most recent trip I had lunch at Beurre Noisette in the 15th in Paris then a late dinner at Abracadabra in Istanbul (If you ever go to Istanbul this is a must eat place) I know you said no airplane travel, but this is one I personally do quite often.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:48 AM

2,743 posts, read 6,145,604 times
Am I missing something, or wouldn't this be the case with any road trip?

Old 09-09-2010, 09:49 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,500,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart24 View Post
Its funny you mention to Boston-NYC-DC thing, because I did that just last month.

I had Breakfast at Flour Bakery in Boston (One of my favorite bakeries on earth, btw); Hopped on the Acela for a lunch meeting in NYC at Eleven Madison Park; then flew to Baltimore that evening and had dinner at Ryleigh Oyster in Federal Hill.

Since I live between Boston and Istanbul, I do the breakfast on the plane; lunch in Amsterdam or Paris then Dinner in Istanbul thing quite often (factoring in the time changes)

Most recent trip I had lunch at Beurre Noisette in the 15th in Paris then a late dinner at Abracadabra in Istanbul (If you ever go to Istanbul this is a must eat place) I know you said no airplane travel, but this is one I personally do quite often.

Wow...that's pretty effin sweet.

When I was in college I remember staying at a friend's place in NYC one night before making the trip to South Carolina. Though our lunch and dinner weren't exactly in the cities (and they were crappy meals at fast-food restaurants)...we did breakfast in New York City, then lunch outside of Washington DC and a late (late) dinner outside of Charlotte.

I remember another time we left @ like 11pm from Boston...the next day we did breakfast around BMore, watched a Patriots-Jets playoff game while pounding margaritas near Raleigh-Durham, and then drove slightly hammered through a ridiculous rainstorm before stopping for dinner in Charlotte again...there's nothing quite as cool as hydroplaning on the highway while you're buzzing your nips off.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:50 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,742,080 times
If we are talking about 1 million or more in a metro , I had breakfast in San Jose, Costa Rica, Lunch in Chicago, Il and Dinner in my home of Rochester NY..... but that was a travel day from vacation, so I dont know if that counts.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:42 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,835,204 times
Ive done:

Breakfast in Beijing, lunch in Shenyang, dinner in Seoul.
Breakfast in Pyongyang, lunch in Beijing, dinner in Tokyo
Breakfast in LA, lunch in San Diego, dinner in Phoenix
Breakfast in London, lunch in Manchester, dinner in Newcastle
Breakfast in Sao Paulo, lunch in Campinas, dinner in Rio de Janeiro

Old 09-09-2010, 12:04 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,856,482 times
I've eaten breakfast in Hackensack (NYC metro), lunch in Albany, and dinner in Montreal.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:38 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,287,163 times
I guess on roadtrips I have.

Breakfast in Chicago, lunch in Cleveland, dinner in Washington DC

Breakfast in Chicago, lunch in Kansas City, dinner in Dallas

Breakfast in Dallas, lunch in Houston, dinner in New Orleans

Breakfast in Chicago, lunch in Indy, dinner in Cincy

Old 09-09-2010, 03:16 PM

1,750 posts, read 3,402,669 times
Just did it today:

Breakfast: Washington, DC (just starbucks, but thats still breakfast)
Lunch: Philly (Cheesesteak)
Dinner: NYC (TBD)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City