Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Among large metros/cities (1+ Million) have you ever had breakfast, lunch, dinner in three different
Yes I have! 13 86.67%
No, I haven't! 1 6.67%
No, I have not, but I want to someday! 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 03:53 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,533,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart24 View Post
Its funny you mention to Boston-NYC-DC thing, because I did that just last month.

I had Breakfast at Flour Bakery in Boston (One of my favorite bakeries on earth, btw); Hopped on the Acela for a lunch meeting in NYC at Eleven Madison Park; then flew to Baltimore that evening and had dinner at Ryleigh Oyster in Federal Hill.

Since I live between Boston and Istanbul, I do the breakfast on the plane; lunch in Amsterdam or Paris then Dinner in Istanbul thing quite often (factoring in the time changes)

Most recent trip I had lunch at Beurre Noisette in the 15th in Paris then a late dinner at Abracadabra in Istanbul (If you ever go to Istanbul this is a must eat place) I know you said no airplane travel, but this is one I personally do quite often.
that sounds like one exhausting day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 04:00 PM

1,213 posts, read 2,322,848 times
Hmmm...

Breakfast in Rochester
Lunch in Buffalo and dinner in the Rochester suburb of Henrietta.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:32 PM

793 posts, read 1,452,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
that sounds like one exhausting day
Its actually not THAT bad I guess. If you catch the express train you can get from BOS to NYC in well under 4 hrs. Then a night flight from NY to BLT is about an hr and a half. Not ideal, but not the worst either.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:27 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Other ones I've done (including plane):

Delhi- Breakfast, Agra- Lunch, Patna- Dinner
Milwaukee- Breakfast, Chicago- Lunch, Detroit- Dinner (in suburban areas)
Singapore- Breakfast, Plane-Lunch, Melbourne- Dinner
Bangalore-Breakfast, Chennai-Lunch, Mumbai- Dinner
Charlotte- Breakfast, Raleigh- Lunch, Washington DC- Dinner
Memphis- Breakfast, Saint Louis- Lunch, Chicago-Dinner
London- Breakfast, Plane-Lunch, Frankfurt- Dinner
Oklahoma City- Breakfast, Dallas- Lunch, Houston- Dinner

Those are all the ones I've done, to my memory. Singapore, Houston, & Chicago are the ones I live/lived in, so its also fair to note I did lunch (or other meal) near home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City