Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Seattle or St. Louis
Seattle 47 63.51%
St Louis 27 36.49%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 01:33 PM

643 posts, read 1,017,947 times

Advertisements

Based on your given criteria, St. Louis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 03:17 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,673,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieIndy View Post
Based on your given criteria, St. Louis.
Seriously, the fact that people voted Seattle in this thread is mind numbing... How can so many people either not read or be this ignorant? It's clearly St. Louis for the OP.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:33 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,791,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
yes, lets be real here and tell it like it is, now these pix are the accurate representation of seattle right here, since this is how it is 9 months:

I will say that lately St. Louis's skies have resembled Seattle's in these pictures. For someone like myself, it's fatiguing. We've had a pretty lousy 6 months.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:50 PM

274 posts, read 705,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesarstl View Post
Seriously, the fact that people voted Seattle in this thread is mind numbing... How can so many people either not read or be this ignorant? It's clearly St. Louis for the OP.
Perhaps you should enlighten us on why St Louis would be a better place to live for someone that prefers natural setting over built environment.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:53 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,823,491 times
Honestly last week was in the seventies in Seattle . This week its wet and damp next week is predicted to be in the upper seventies and sunny. The thing about Seattle is it does not really get much rain compared to other cities. Even on rainy days alot of the time its partly sunny day. Seattle just has more days with precipitation . Seattle summers are strange they tend to be July, August and September. With mid seventies to eighties and sunny. I love Seattle because I can ware the same close year round with its mild winters and mild summers. I havent purchased a new coat in years and ware shorts almost year round. And people in Seattle have lower power bills because of the mild climate less heating and air conditioning.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:56 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,003,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I will say that lately St. Louis's skies have resembled Seattle's in these pictures. For someone like myself, it's fatiguing. We've had a pretty lousy 6 months.
Then St. Louis gives you a summer of smothering Heat, Humidity and the biting bugs.
Not sure how the OP feels about being landlocked.

I'll take Seattle.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:08 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,237,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat314 View Post
Isn't Seattle the same city where a 230lb White cop punched a teenage Black girl, because she was "jaywalking". Yeah no racism in Seattle . Also Seattle is overtly White and was largely absent from the great migration of Southern Blacks to Northern industrial cities. Wouldnt expect it to have the same racial tensions of even cities like Chicago, New York, or Philadelphia.
Actually it wasn't absent from the great southern migration. Many blacks from the south migrated from Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama and Texas to work in the Boeing plants and of course to escape racism during the thirties thru the fifties. Seattle also had a pretty cool black jazz scene back then especially along Jackson St.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:09 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,140,460 times
So why isn't anyone complaining that the St. Louis pictures don't show people dripping with sweat from the humidity?

I know the original question is old, but I thought I'd throw a thought in about it. Seattle's cost of living would be higher than St. Louis. But, if the OP was looking to live more rural, that cost is going to go down. To purchase a house in a downtown area is really expensive. The 'burbs, not as much.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:01 AM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,485,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
So why isn't anyone complaining that the St. Louis pictures don't show people dripping with sweat from the humidity?.

They should. That would be something I definitely would want to know about, humidity.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:04 AM

1,773 posts, read 2,673,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaboyd1 View Post
Perhaps you should enlighten us on why St Louis would be a better place to live for someone that prefers natural setting over built environment.
Why? He doesn't ask which one has a better natural setting, he just says that he (and his wife) prefers a natural setting to a downtown. Pretty open, but obviously doable in both. Just extra info like the married no children and wife doesn't work, his question isn't about what is best for these either, his question is about personal finance/savings, and the answer here is St. Louis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City