Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 05:17 PM

65 posts, read 75,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Blasphamany;
Its not the weirdest thing Ive seen being said but it is almost laughable when others try to compare fashion to the likes of NY, Paris, London.
eek

GOB is spot on which brings me to my point. Between NYC and ATL, which city has the larger influx of transplants from one to the other? Atlanta.

Because of this fact, NYC trends can seen here all day every day alongside so many other regional influences. Do you think the average AA Atlantan would see anything they haven't already seen in NYC? I didn't, but again it's debatable, and maybe I wasn't in the right location.

This is what I'm saying, and because I agree with GOB I feel Atlanta has the edge in variety (AA ladies only).

Hopefully this makes sense.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:22 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,729,639 times
that doesn't make sense to me, tho. how would atl have the edge in variety when its "full of transplants from nyc?"

when nyc is full of transplants from the rest of the world AND the u.s.?

how would it have the edge in variety?

that would mean that atl is full of ppl that dressed like they did when they lived in nyc plus whatever is currently going on in atl

vs

ppl in nyc dressing in CURRENT stuff, plus the avant garde stuff, plus being influenced by europe and asia...

Old 09-23-2010, 05:24 PM

^^You think NYC'ers are the only transplants here? Not by far...

Variety, meaning West Coast, East Coast, SoFla and everything in between. I was telling another poster that my server was from Brussels last weekend.

Point is I didn't see any where near as many well dressed AA ladies together in NYC to really judge them as easily as I could in ATL or DC.

Last edited by Landon Kirkpatrick; 09-23-2010 at 05:33 PM..

Old 09-23-2010, 05:25 PM
eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon Kirkpatrick View Post
eek
Do you think the average AA Atlantan would see anything they haven't already seen in NYC?
yes. we have shops here that aren't found anywhere else in this country.

stars from around the world come here to shop for a reason.

you ever wonder why there are so many "NY ____" all over the south? there's a reason behind that.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:26 PM
eek

Quote:
^^You think NYC'ers are the only transplants here? Not by far...
no, but you mentioned ny transplants so i'm commenting about ny transplants.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:30 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,392,054 times
I don't think ATL dress bad. I think they dress the best out the south. I don't know why ppl on here, especially ones from the eastcoast, tend to want to put the A down for so much. IMO its the premier city of the south (well the cities I've been to). Everybody's opinion is different. everyone is not going to like ATL style nor is everyone going to like NYCs. just a thought

Old 09-23-2010, 05:37 PM
eek

Quote:
Point is I didn't see any where near as many AA ladies together in NYC to really judge them as easily as I could in ATL or DC.
and you probably won't. reread what i've been saying.

atl has 530k ppl where i think like 35% are black.

vs

nyc having 8+ million ppl where 25% are black.

you will run into more black ppl in atl but nyc has more black ppl than atl...but everybody is spread out.

does that make sense?

like queens borough...you have a lot of black ppl here. i don't see them tho because of where i am. but they exist lol. where i am you see a lot of pakistanis/east indians/etc.

you might go to flushing and see a lot of chinese ppl or go to jackson heights (these are all areas in queens, by the way) and see a lot of east indians or central americans (that aren't black).

but it does not mean that queens doesn't have a large black population that ALMOST outnumbers atl's entire population.

20% of 2.3 million = 460 000

(2.3 mil ppl live in queens (could change due to the new census), 20% of queens is black)

that means there are roughly 460k black ppl living in queens. thats almost the amount of the entire atl population regardless of race.

but walking through queens, you would not be able to tell because of how things are here.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:41 PM

^^Now I get it. He must be one of those arrogant NE posters everyone keeps warning me about.

I'll stop here.......

Old 09-23-2010, 05:46 PM

I'm kidding. This is solely based on my experience there. Maybe your GF has shaded your opinion about ATL or the south in general. We'll agree to disagree based on personal experience and preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:46 PM
eek

how is that arrogance? i just provided facts.

thats not even opinion. google it, wiki it, .gov it, whatever you want. the numbers are what they are. the demographics are what they are.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City