Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 07:34 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times

Advertisements

To be honest most woman in the south get their swag and dress style from the north. It trickles down from nyc,philly,DC etc. To say otherwise is delusional. I've seen the transition when the south switched it up(i went to school down there for a number of years) It clearly switched from a southern style to a more city/northern style. This happened when the ATL "got hot"

Old 09-23-2010, 07:46 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,392,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Here's some examples of the best dressed black women. The ones from Atlanta that is.

THE VELVET ROOM SUNDAY NIGHT'S BROUGHT TO YOU BY AG ENTERTAINMENT - Atlanta's Royal Photography

9.21.10 havana BROUGHT TO YOU BY : BOTCHEY, MUSICBUSINESSPOLITICS, & ABE WOSSEN - Atlanta's Royal Photography

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I have to agree wit the other person they are pretty women but the style just seem regular. not bad just plain. I've seen better in ATL.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:01 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink View Post
I think that in AA and American culture in general people dress this way mostly when they are "going somewhere" and in many other countries its the norm for women to look that way most of the time not just at work or just going out.
not in nyc.

in areas not ny, los angeles, maybe chicago, etc. yeah, i'd agree with you.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:27 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,967,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
To be honest most woman in the south get their swag and dress style from the north. It trickles down from nyc,philly,DC etc. To say otherwise is delusional. I've seen the transition when the south switched it up(i went to school down there for a number of years) It clearly switched from a southern style to a more city/northern style. This happened when the ATL "got hot"
Maybe tomorrow you can lecture us on how the entire black population in the south has actually migrated here from the north.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:36 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
thats a personal preference...but i'm curious. what makes you feel that way?

(i'm dating a girl from the south, if it matters)
I dated a black girl from Baltimore for a while. I don't know if you'd consider that southern or what, but they can be quite different from the black girls you'd typically see around here. (it's not just black girls either)

I feel like the classy black women down south are more "soothing" (if that makes sense) the way they carry themselves, the way they speak, and they're generally nicer to be quite frank. Classy black women in the North East are fine, but there's too many of those materialistic/standoffish one's that overall shape my opinion.

I'm just a sucker for southern black women.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:36 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon Kirkpatrick View Post
^^Now I get it. He must be one of those arrogant NE posters everyone keeps warning me about.

I'll stop here.......

Yeah that one is stubborn... He is going to beat your back in to convince u everythings is better in NYC..

Old 09-23-2010, 08:41 PM

492 posts, read 1,026,903 times
Aye honestly, people dress the same now no matter where I go. Especially black women. Up north, down south, etc..... These old "stereotypes" or whatever are cool, but there not reality. Back in the day, NYC was the leader, hands down. But its 2010 almost 2011. And these same old tired sayings about the south this or NYC that is getting old. I was joking with my friend from college like a few days back who is from NYC and I was asking her what happened? Its like NY fell off. Its like something is missing from them. Its not like it use to be. The influence is not as strong. I was joking for the most part because she is a die hard NYer but she even agreed to some extent.

And honestly can anybody tell me a fashion trend that is even out now or that has came out in the past two years where we can say a city started this or that trend..??

All you have to do is go to one of those sites that shows pictures from inside different clubs like ATLnightspot or something and you will see that there is really no difference.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:41 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
First you said you "didn't know" about Newark, but now you have room to speak. Ok buddy.

I'm assuming you haven't seen the Portuguese/Brazilian chicks in the Ironbound section. High end fashion is big there.
Black women on the other hand- Well I can't say it's any better than NYC considering its mere size in comparison, but I've been to Brooklyn/Bronx/Queens plenty of times.... According to what the OP is asking, I'd be a complete an utter liar to steer her in that direction.
Manhattan's black population percentage wise isn't promising and as far as professionally dressed black women goes, it can't compete to ATL.
Hell You'll find more professionally dressed black Women in Downtown Newark than downtown Manhattan.

I didn't even suggest Newark, you're just being spiteful.
your obviously very slow , saying idk about newark was me being saracastic so i wouldnt be sen as a troll or start any flares between jersey and nyc so OK BUDDY RIGHT BACK AT YA.......................

idc bout the brazilian part of newark because that is not the topic at hand.

but black women in newark should never be compared to black women in the boroughs when it comes to style.

hell not even with your next door neighbors staten island , cause a lot of statne island girls come to my college and they do have a lot of style.

just unnoticed thats all.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Yep I'm going to expose all the women who live in a fashion capital and yet still look like bammas ...that's the sad part surrounded around all that fashion and still can't dress.
so in other words you wont be exposing nothing..thnks

Old 09-23-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
If someone knows how to dress that means they know fashion.. You would need. Degree to know the full deal.. It doesn't matter what region your in if you dress code is on point someone will ask u about fashion tips.. I know NYC rules in Fashion duh but this is about black professional dressed women.. I appreciate u giving credit where credit is do.. It's 2010 and many areas are are getting hip with fashion
yea acoording to you mr indenail know it all haha.

i guess i travel more then you cause most of these places are having fashion now cause of transplant.

for example i am not even shocked that the store "vinnies" which was named the flyest store in america in 2008 is now opened in atlanta and even down their they sell "brooklyn" shirts.

you see all you people get your styles from us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City