Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 09:14 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
1. LA
2. NYC
3. SF Bay Area
4. Miami
5. Las Vegas
6. DC
7. Orlando (if you have family)/Honolulu (if you're a couple)
8. Boston
9. San Juan
10. Chicago (for urban experience)/Seattle (outdoors life)

North America
1. LA
2. NYC
3. Mexico City
4. SF Bay Area
5. Miami
6. Vancouver/Seattle (pick one)
7. Toronto/Chicago (pick one)
8. Boston
9. Honolulu (couples)/Orlando (family)
10. San Juan/Cozumel (pick one)
Damn good list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 09:59 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,708,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
1. Williamsburg/Richmond/Norfolk VA
2. NYNY
3. Las Vegas
4. NOLA
5. DC
6. Galveston/Kemah, TX
7. Boston
8. Philadelphia
9. San Fransisco
10. Seattle

why do you always wet your panties at these two names? Do you have a complex or something?
What world do you live in where Richmond #1 and Chicago, Miami, and LA aren't on the list?

Old 10-02-2012, 11:09 AM

303 posts, read 578,810 times
Top Cities
1.New York City
2. DC
3. LA
4. Miami
5.Chicago
6. Honolulu (Even though its a tourist destination it seem more for priveleged.Not a city you visit just to be visiting.
7.San Francisco

Old 10-02-2012, 12:32 PM

1,580 posts, read 2,896,886 times
Continental US:

New York City
Washington, DC
San Francisco
Los Angeles
New Orleans
Miami
Chicago
Las Vegas
Boston
Orlando/Disney

Hon Mentions: Seattle, Philly, Charleston, San Diego, Nashville, Santa Fe

Old 10-02-2012, 12:48 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,949,907 times
Surprised to see LA at the top of many lists. I find LA to be a difficult place to be a tourist.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:28 PM

252 posts, read 735,677 times
Miami
Daytona Beach
Orlando
Palm Springs
Branson
Myrtle Beach
Las Vegas
Santa Fe
Aspen
Niagara Falls

Old 10-02-2012, 02:50 PM

37 posts, read 79,320 times
Definitely an art not a science...for anyone on this planet (whether an American or Chinese tourist, I would recommend the following US cities for sighting-seeing/visiting (in no particular order)

NYC
DC
Las Vegas
Seattle
San Francisco
Charleston, SC
Chicago
Santa Fe (does this qualify as a "City"?)
Honolulu
Nashville

Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
What world do you live in where Richmond #1 and Chicago, Miami, and LA aren't on the list?
I had good times where I had good times. The places where you had shiddy times are not gonna be the same places I had shiddy times.

Had excellent trips to Richmond, spank you very much.

All my trips to Chicago has been clammy. I used to live in Miami, don't see see it as going on vacation, see it s going to one of my homes, and LA.... I dunno why I didn't list LA. can't remember. I had good times there.

Replace Boston with LA. Dunno why I listed it.

now bring your list so I can tell you where you should have had fun

Old 10-02-2012, 03:09 PM

1,580 posts, read 2,896,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAReastcoast View Post
Surprised to see LA at the top of many lists. I find LA to be a difficult place to be a tourist.
I actually kind of agree with you. If the list were my personal favorite top 10 cities to visit, the list would look different, but I have come to the conclusion that most people like LA a lot more than me, and for most people if they had a chance to travel to different places in the US, then LA would be near the top of the list of places they would want to check out.

I also put Orlando/Disney on my list b/c many people would really like to check it out, even though for me personally it is nowhere near my top 10 of places in the US I enjoy visiting.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:06 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by po-boy View Post
I actually kind of agree with you. If the list were my personal favorite top 10 cities to visit, the list would look different, but I have come to the conclusion that most people like LA a lot more than me, and for most people if they had a chance to travel to different places in the US, then LA would be near the top of the list of places they would want to check out.

I also put Orlando/Disney on my list b/c many people would really like to check it out, even though for me personally it is nowhere near my top 10 of places in the US I enjoy visiting.

I can see that, but I also think that LA is so decentralized that there isnt a specific spot to go. You really have to know the area to pick what experience you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City