Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best night life?
Miami 12 16.00%
New York 35 46.67%
Las Vegas 14 18.67%
New Orleans 14 18.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 07:54 PM

65 posts, read 97,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
You have NO idea what you are talking about. Miami has WORLD famous nightlife. I been to clubs all over the world. The only city that I have been to with a nightlife that is like MIami is Barcelona. Please, NYC and Vegas wish there clubs were known around the world like Miami's are. For Nightclubs (not overall nightlife) Miami is on a league of its own in the US.
Atlantic City? Are you crazy. You been watching too much Jersey Shore.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

There have been books written about New York City's notorious celebrity haunt nightclubs.

Does Studio 57 ring a bell? Ande Wharol? Bunaglow 8? Hello? Does anything ring a bell to you?

And currently, New York City nightlife is still better than trashy Miami nightlife. And I'm sorry, Bungalow 8 is more popular and well known than any nightclub in Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy_Fin_Guy View Post
Not to mention the people who think of Miami as trashy obviously have never heard of places like Delano Hotel in South Beach, or Fisher Island, Star Island, Ibiscus, Coral Gables, etc
And clearly you've never heard of The Standards Boom Boom Room, or Marquee, or Tenjune, or the Gansevoort.

New York City nightlife is much more glamorous (rich, celebrity filled, more sophisticated, better dressed, cosmopolitan) than that of Miami.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I see Russia = Europe. ROTFL.

Western Europeans buy in Miami. Italians, French, Spanish, Germans, etc
Do you know how to read? London is popular with Russians and Middle Easterners.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I wonder why European footballers go to Miami, not NY when they want to party.
Sorry, I'm not aware of any European footballers going to Miami to party (sounds ridiculous when there are much better beach destinations in Europe.)

But the largest footballsers in the United States are in LA and NYC. David Beckham and Thierry Henry. And speaking of Thierry Henry, he just purchased a 15 million dollar place in SoHo.

Thierry Henry Buys $14.85 Million SoHo Triplex (PHOTOS)

http://http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/10897/slide_10897_143416_large.jpg?1286503796372 (broken link)

Old 10-07-2010, 08:16 PM

413 posts, read 819,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliYork View Post
Sorry, I'm not aware of any European footballers going to Miami to party (sounds ridiculous when there are much better beach destinations in Europe.)

But the largest footballsers in the United States are in LA and NYC. David Beckham and Thierry Henry. And speaking of Thierry Henry, he just purchased a 15 million dollar place in SoHo.

Thierry Henry Buys $14.85 Million SoHo Triplex (PHOTOS)
C. Ronaldo is always in South Beach in off season. Maldini and Nesta own homes in Miami too.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:13 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan11490 View Post
But that's not the image you think of when you think of New York City. People think of Wall St., 5th Ave, money, fashion...
However, ask most people what they think when they hear Miami. People think of trashy partying, beaches, and crime...

New York is ranked 1st.....I meant relative to New York. Sure Miami is a world class city. New York just exemplifies it so much more/better.

But when it comes down to it, they live in New York. Miami is nice for a weekend. But when you're picking the place where you are spending 95% of your time based on the environment, the nightlife, the people etc., a majority would choose New York.

I would say the weather is obviously a plus for Miami though.

P.S. Check this out.
2009 America's Favorite City - Categories - Nightlife - Travel + Leisure (http://www.travelandleisure.com/afc/2009/category/nightlife - broken link)

It places New York 3rd behind New Orleans & Austin???
But anyway, it's ahead of Miami, which is 6th
Austin is awesome. One of the best places to party to be honest.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:20 PM

Miami Beach was dirty. Ok???? NYC on a whole is dirty, it's still seen as a great place to party.

A 1974 Caprice represents trash?

Old 10-07-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Wrong again.

-^ "London's top housing draws the world's billionaires." 25 August 2006 Financial Times.[2]Clearly Europeans make up the majority of the

Miami probably owns the Latin America market, but New York City clearly owns the European (and perhaps Asian) market.
In think Cali might own the Asian market. I may wrong.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

There have been books written about New York City's notorious celebrity haunt nightclubs.

Does Studio 57 ring a bell? Ande Wharol? Bunaglow 8? Hello? Does anything ring a bell to you?

And currently, New York City nightlife is still better than trashy Miami nightlife. And I'm sorry, Bungalow 8 is more popular and well known than any nightclub in Miami.
What makes it trashy? New York City is filled with trash. I think people throw that word around too much in this thread. I think Miami and NYC are equally trashy. Miami in the figurative sense, and NYC in the literal sense.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:32 PM

413 posts, read 819,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Austin is awesome. One of the best places to party to be honest.
I find it pretty lame. But then again, most places are lame compared to Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City