Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2020, 11:17 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,024,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
What are you talking about discrediting?!?!?
Its clear you are playing games and I dont want to join you. It would be an insult to you if I really believed you dont know what you were attempting. So with that I will just leave it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 10:36 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
That's to be expected when comparing any city to one that's literally twice it's size. Denver performs well for a city it's size. But as expected, it can't quite match up to a much larger city in many ways. Although I can come up with a few things Denver probably does better.
Oh, I know. And I'm sure Denver does many things better, it punches above its weight in several categories. I was responding to someone making sweeping generalizations that they clearly weren't qualified to.

I know you visited Atlanta recently and liked it, I feel the same way about Denver. I have issues with ridiculous homerism though.

Old 03-18-2020, 11:28 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,694,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Oh, I know. And I'm sure Denver does many things better, it punches above its weight in several categories. I was responding to someone making sweeping generalizations that they clearly weren't qualified to.

I know you visited Atlanta recently and liked it, I feel the same way about Denver. I have issues with ridiculous homerism though.
Oh gotcha. And yes, I loved it! I booked another trip for May so hopefully this virus thing gets better before then. Planning a move later this year

Old 03-18-2020, 11:35 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times
Quote:
Oh gotcha. And yes, I loved it! I booked another trip for May so hopefully this virus thing gets better before then. Planning a move later this year
Oh, wow! I guess you really did like it. Welcome.

Old 03-20-2020, 07:25 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,378,368 times
Quote:
Good

Old 03-20-2020, 07:35 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,957,888 times
I haven't been to Denver. Sounds like a cool city, but too dry in the summer. I've only been to Atlanta in the winter, but I love heat and humidity! (been to the Gulf during the summer).

I did go to Stone Mountain, which was awesome! A view of virtually the entire Atlanta metro area! It's surrounded by lush pine forests as far as the eye can see. The carving of Lee, Jackson, and Davis on horseback was so impressively majestic, lifelike, and inspiring! Larger than Mount Rushmore in surface area!

Also, I am DYING to see Stone Mountain lit up in it's full glory! Ah, Stone Mountain on the Fourth of July...the warm, humid evening air, the lush green pines, the buzz of mosquitoes, the legendary NIGHTLY 45 MINUTE laser light show projected onto the largest bas-relief sculpture in the world... it's the BEST! It's top five on my bucket list!!!

Does Denver have anything that can rival the atmosphere of Stone Mountain?

Old 03-20-2020, 11:38 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,694,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Oh, wow! I guess you really did like it. Welcome.
Thanks! Seems like a great place for a fresh start. Can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
I haven't been to Denver. Sounds like a cool city, but too dry in the summer. I've only been to Atlanta in the winter, but I love heat and humidity! (been to the Gulf during the summer).

I did go to Stone Mountain, which was awesome! A view of virtually the entire Atlanta metro area! It's surrounded by lush pine forests as far as the eye can see. The carving of Lee, Jackson, and Davis on horseback was so impressively majestic, lifelike, and inspiring! Larger than Mount Rushmore in surface area!

Also, I am DYING to see Stone Mountain lit up in it's full glory! Ah, Stone Mountain on the Fourth of July...the warm, humid evening air, the lush green pines, the buzz of mosquitoes, the legendary NIGHTLY 45 MINUTE laser light show projected onto the largest bas-relief sculpture in the world... it's the BEST! It's top five on my bucket list!!!

Does Denver have anything that can rival the atmosphere of Stone Mountain?
The closest thing would probably be Lookout Mountain in Golden which is a pretty touristy spot where people go to view the city. Lots of trees up there and you can see the plains for miles. But it doesn't have all the fancy attractions you'd find at Stone Mountain. It's more akin to Griffith Observatory

Old 03-21-2020, 07:24 AM

12,807 posts, read 9,536,731 times
Quote:
Congrats! Excited for you. Keep us updates

Old 03-21-2020, 08:15 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,957,888 times
Quote:
Thanks! Seems like a great place for a fresh start. Can't wait.

The closest thing would probably be Lookout Mountain in Golden which is a pretty touristy spot where people go to view the city. Lots of trees up there and you can see the plains for miles. But it doesn't have all the fancy attractions you'd find at Stone Mountain. It's more akin to Griffith Observatory
Griffith Observatory has an impressive city view but yep, it's still Stone Mountain for me.

COS has Pikes Peak, which is pretty darn impressive at how you can drive up a 14'er peak just by car. Or take the cogwheel incline up it. COS is a Denver suburb after all, right? Nearby, only an hour and a half away!

Old 03-22-2020, 09:39 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,385,848 times
Pikes Peak does have the International Auto Hillclimb, the Ascent marathon, Santa's Workshop amusement park, mumerous reservoirs for non-motorized water recreation, several small towns around its base to include the victorian era town of Manitou with the Mt Manitou incline which is a fitness junkie magnet and Cave of the Winds which does have summer laser light shows on the massive rock walls of Williams Canyon.

Calling Cos a suburb of Denver is quite a stretch though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City