Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where should I go?
Seattle 14 40.00%
San Francisco 6 17.14%
New York 15 42.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 01:20 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,824,761 times

Advertisements

Just got to give it to Seattle because its a young city with lots of college age kids. Seattle also boast the largest variety of outdoor activities of any major city. Dont forget its also the shopping mecca of the pacific northwestern united states.And cost of living does matter its a better value than NY or San.
And has all the big city amenaties and it has a couple of landmarks of its own also Pike Place Market,Space Needle,and Mt Rainer close by also Mt St Hellens. Americas Volcano in the lower states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV808 View Post
True. I'm surprised Seattle is ahead of SF .
Why most people would love to visit San Fransico just not live there Seattle is a much more livible city.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:05 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
Just got to give it to Seattle because its a young city with lots of college age kids. Seattle also boast the largest variety of outdoor activities of any major city. Dont forget its also the shopping mecca of the pacific northwestern united states.And cost of living does matter its a better value than NY or San.
And has all the big city amenaties and it has a couple of landmarks of its own also Pike Place Market,Space Needle,and Mt Rainer close by also Mt St Hellens. Americas Volcano in the lower states.
Do they really boast the largest variety of outdoor activities?

Shopping mecca and pacific northwest, generally do not go together. Maybe fish market mecca...

Quite sure there are other active Volcano's...

I'm sure others would argue that the cost of SF or NYC are worth it.

Again I picked Seattle or SF just b/c they are a far off distance and might not get that opportunity. NYC would be much more feasible for the OP to do later in life...

Old 10-16-2010, 05:38 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,649,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxposure View Post
If you're outgoing, then I'd drop Seattle from you consideration. I assure you that your personality type will crash and burn there (See Seattle Freeze). NYC is the obvious choice.
Total unadulterated BS. That you couldn't cut it there speaks about you.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:21 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
NYC, it's real, authentic, and better than the other two.

Seattle has crappy weather most the year, so depressing, highest suicide rate.

San Francisco just has problems.Nuff' said.

NYC for the win.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:42 PM

466 posts, read 1,625,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post

NYC for the win.
LOL i love your reasoning.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:00 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
Quote:

NYC for the win.
So you don't think either SF or Seattle are worth experiencing for a defined two months vs. NYC which she can pretty much go to whenever she wants on a whim?

Old 10-16-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:

NYC for the win.
Wow dont now where you got your stats on suicide rates just googled them .Because I didnt think of Seattle as a depressing place. Seattle not even in the top ten on the list Atlanta was ranked 10th Portland was ranked 1st.And I love the weather in Seattle You rarely even need to by a winter coat with avg temps in low 50s in winter. It will freeze over night sometimes but the weather is mild in the summer and winter.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:28 AM

1,717 posts, read 4,649,491 times
Quote:

LOL A walking talking myth generator. Don't let facts stand in the way of a good delusion.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:31 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
I thought it was fact? That's all I ever hear about Seattle. The weather is cold, gloomy, and rainy almost all year as well as it's got the highest suicide rate. This isn't true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City