Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is the capital of Black America in your opinion?
NYC Area 66 4.89%
Phil 25 1.85%
DC 121 8.96%
Atlanta 807 59.78%
Memphis 21 1.56%
New ORleans 33 2.44%
Houston 29 2.15%
Seattle 14 1.04%
Chicago 35 2.59%
Detroit 84 6.22%
Other (include in your reply) 14 1.04%
There is none. 101 7.48%
Voters: 1350. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:30 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8t View Post
Make a thread suggesting black people to move away from black people then. Don't trash this one.
It has nothing to do with black people moving away from black people. There are other cities in America besides Atlanta and DC that blacks can prosper in. Why on God’s green earth with the condition of Atlanta's economy would it be the best location for black Americans? I guarantee both DC and Atlanta will be number 1 & 2 for black Americans when the new black enterprise rankings come out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 11:34 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
It has nothing to do with black people moving away from black people. There are other cities in America besides Atlanta and DC that blacks can prosper in. Why on Gods green earth with the condition of Atlanta's economy would it be the best location for black americans? I guarentee both DC and Atlanta will be number 1 & 2 for black americans when the new black enterprise rankings come out.
Those cities are picked because they have the most successful African Americans and are also very popular amongst the Black media.

BET list is biased about DC because it's based in DC.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:50 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Those cities are picked because they have the most successful African Americans and are also very popular amongst the Black media.

BET list is biased about DC because it's based in DC.
Black media= Garbage

America's most recession-proof cities - Sep. 15, 2010

Old 10-18-2010, 11:52 AM

908 posts, read 1,829,184 times
Atlanta

Old 10-18-2010, 01:22 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,774,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
It has nothing to do with black people moving away from black people. There are other cities in America besides Atlanta and DC that blacks can prosper in. Why on God’s green earth with the condition of Atlanta's economy would it be the best location for black Americans? I guarantee both DC and Atlanta will be number 1 & 2 for black Americans when the new black enterprise rankings come out.
I truly agree with this. As soon as Houston, Dallas, or even Charlotte are mentioned to a black person to move to, they get bashed because their black culture isn't on par with Atlanta's or DC's. I feel like we as blacks need diversity and need to hang around people of different races to help decrease our crime rate. But no, we want to continue to move to Atlanta and DC raising their crime rate, and then have the nerve to complain to about what those cities haven't lived up to. We need to think for ourselves and move somewhere that benefits us individually. I think threads like this are misleading and are full of BS!

Old 10-18-2010, 01:25 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
I truly agree with this. As soon as Houston, Dallas, or even Charlotte are mentioned to a black person to move to, they get bashed because their black culture isn't on par with Atlanta's or DC's. I feel like we as blacks need diversity and need to hang around people of different races to help decrease our crime rate. But no, we want to continue to move to Atlanta and DC raising their crime rate, and then have the nerve to complain to about what those cities haven't lived up to. We need to think for ourselves and move somewhere that benefits us individually. I think threads like this are misleading and are full of BS!
this is the truth.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:31 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,917,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Funny thing is I mentioned the exact three cities as better places for blacks, and I'm the one who gets called an uncle tom and someone who hates their heritage. Well sorry if I would rather live in a city where there's on 25% percent of blacks but 80% of blacks are middle class and above than a city that's 50% black but has a 80% poverty rate amongst the black population.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:36 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
Why is that people automatically assume naming Atlanta, DC, NYC, or Chicago as the "Capital of Black America" means that black people can't do well in other places?

I am seriously perplexed by this.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:37 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Why is Seattle on that list?
I know right!LOL

Old 10-18-2010, 01:45 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Funny thing is I mentioned the exact three cities as better places for blacks, and I'm the one who gets called an uncle tom and someone who hates their heritage. Well sorry if I would rather live in a city where there's on 25% percent of blacks but 80% of blacks are middle class and above than a city that's 50% black but has a 80% poverty rate amongst the black population.
what city is 25 percent black with 80 percent of them middle class and above? i am seriously asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City