Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is the capital of Black America in your opinion?
NYC Area 66 4.89%
Phil 25 1.85%
DC 121 8.96%
Atlanta 807 59.78%
Memphis 21 1.56%
New ORleans 33 2.44%
Houston 29 2.15%
Seattle 14 1.04%
Chicago 35 2.59%
Detroit 84 6.22%
Other (include in your reply) 14 1.04%
There is none. 101 7.48%
Voters: 1350. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 07:38 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,400,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Are you purposely being obtuse?

I dismissed the high salaries for blacks in DC because it isn't specific to blacks so much as it's due to the presence of the Federal Government. Basically everybody in the DC area is doing well.

Atlanta on the other hand, Atlanta has become the epicenter of black entrepreneurship, black hollywood, black music, black television, two of the top 5 HBCUs in the country (Spelman College being number 1),

Most people in general are workers.

You're being very dismissive of black people in your post, which is quite evident.

I think the obtuse one here is you since I made it clear that Atlanta is black cap for those black folks who want to engage in a black network, but as far as individual success goes I find it to be overrated.

So I sort of agree and disagree because some people on this post have quoted that Atlanta is the place to be if you want to be a successful black man and I strongly disagree.

But imma let you be because I’m noticing you’ve been debating people on this thread since 2012 but apparently those who disagree are obtuse hahah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 07:42 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,574,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
You don’t know anything about NYC lol. A good portion of Black people own homes all over Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. NYC has a big black middle class, mostly Caribbean blacks at that. To top that off those black people are sitting on real estate worth insane prices

But I’m not even taking your comment seriously lol.

P.S - NYC has the best Caribbean Black nightlife in the whole country and has plenty of black venues compared to DC/ATL And has more black venues than any place outside of DC/ATL lmao.

You probably never set foot in NYC in your life........FOH lmao
miami/boston ?

Old 01-31-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
miami/boston ?
What about Boston? Strong Caribbean community but nightlife is known to be lacking in Boston in general.

Miami Caribbean community isn’t active in nightlife compared nyc except for the Haitians. Ironically a lot of the black folks who attend Miami carnival and play in mas come down from NYC.

NYC has the largest Black event in the nation the West Indian Day Parade which is attended by many African Americans also. Reggae/soca artist usually have their best venues in NYC.

Only city that NYC might lose to in Caribbean culture is Toronto but this thread is about America.

P.S - I’m not trying to make NYC the focus point of this thread.

Last edited by BrooklynJo; 01-31-2018 at 08:18 PM..

Old 01-31-2018, 08:18 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,165,732 times
In reality it's DC.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
In reality it's DC.
A better place to be also.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:46 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,697,576 times
Quote:
I think the obtuse one here is you since I made it clear that Atlanta is black cap for those black folks who want to engage in a black network, but as far as individual success goes I find it to be overrated.

So I sort of agree and disagree because some people on this post have quoted that Atlanta is the place to be if you want to be a successful black man and I strongly disagree.

But imma let you be because I’m noticing you’ve been debating people on this thread since 2012 but apparently those who disagree are obtuse hahah.
Watch out.. you're about to be called a racist.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:49 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,188,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
In reality it's DC.
In reality there isn't one.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
In reality there isn't one.
And there shouldn't be....

Old 01-31-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Watch out.. you're about to be called a racist.
I’m a young black man myself who currently does real estate in NYC so I have my own business. . But I see what Kodeblue is trying to do that’s why I’m not even going to further entertainment him. That’s typical in the black community if you do not agree that means you are talking down or being dismissive of black people lmao.

But my opinion stands. Mind you I’m in Atlanta all the time and I’m talking from experience. This dude kodeblue lives in Baltimore lol.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I’m a young black man myself who currently does real estate in NYC so I have my own business. . But I see what Kodeblue is trying to do that’s why I’m not even going to further entertainment him. That’s typical in the black community if you do not agree that means you are talking down or being dismissive of black people lmao.

But my opinion stands. Mind you I’m in Atlanta all the time and I’m talking from experience. This dude kodeblue lives in Baltimore lol.
I get you man... I'm not Black but I'm very interested in why Black folks out of all racial groups have this need to stand separate from the rest... call me whatever you want but I don't understand why a city like SF or Seattle isn't also a Black mecca since all of my Black friends that live there are very successful and wealthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City