Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 12:25 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
Yes I have 10 family members in counting in California.

Bay Area:
- My cousin, his wife, & his two kids in Cupertino, CA (suburb of San Jose)
- My other cousin, her husband, & her two kids in San Jose, CA

Southland:
My other cousin actually moved here from abroad, she's very glitzy and into glamor, and her dad was a politician (my moms brother). She decided to move to Los Angeles after getting married, and works in the fashion line (something relating to fashion, I don't know). So in Southern California I have family in Los Angeles, my cousin and her husband.

By the way, even though I live in Houston, I never refer to myself as a "Texan". Haha, but I just wanted to add into this thread regardless.
So you got fam, from NorCal to SoCal. So you really travel all over CA while you're out there. The trips must be long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 12:25 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Uh....I got some family in San Deigo. However, they were originally from Texas and moved there about 10 years ago. Most of my family is in the south and on the East Coast.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:28 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Uh....I got some family in San Deigo. However, they were originally from Texas and moved there about 10 years ago. Most of my family is in the south and on the East Coast.
That counts. You don't have to have like a WHOLE entire family tree in CA, 1 or 2 aunts and uncles and cousins that migrated there from Texas is part of the trend I'm referring to. Do you know why they moved out there?

Old 12-10-2010, 12:31 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
That counts. You don't have to have like a WHOLE entire family tree in CA, 1 or 2 aunts and uncles and cousins that migrated there from Texas is part of the trend I'm referring to. Do you know why they moved out there?
I don't know, but I'd guess they just wanted out of Texas.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:04 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,384,247 times
Hmm, as for me, I think I have family somewhere near Houston, but not exactly sure where.

Most of my family in the United States live all over, but mostly around Chicago (most of whom I've never met) and New York City. Ironically, I really don't have very much family in the immediate LA area, but have many a relative in San Diego (from Poway to Lemon Grove to San Ysidro, just all over the place) and the Bay Area (Vallejo, Union City, Santa Clara, Daly City, etc.)

Old 12-10-2010, 01:26 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Have family in Texas and California.

In California, I have my sister in law in San Pedro, father in law in Cypress, Aunt in Sherman Oaks, and an Uncle in El Segundo.

In Texas, my mom lives in Waco, my dad lives in Houston, I have an uncle in Dallas, and most of my cousins are in Dallas.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:01 AM

101 posts, read 275,665 times
Let's see...In Texas, where I was born, I have 7 cousins with a total of 10 kids, many aunts and uncles and my dear grandmother and her boyfriend. They all live in DFW, and some in Austin. My folks just moved from overseas to San Antonio.

In Michigan, where I was raised, there are 13 cousins total, including my siblings and me, of which four have moved to California, myself included. I live in the Bay Area, and my three cousins with their total of five kids, live in SoCal.

Recently, we discovered that my Michigan cousin who lives in San Diego and works for Qualcomm, lives next door to my Texas grandmother's boyfriend's son, who moved from Texas to California and also works for Qualcomm. Small world!

Old 12-12-2010, 01:19 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
I don't have any relatives in Texas which is saying something since I have a very large extended family. But actually I do have an aunt that once lived in Canon Texas though I have no idea where that is. My family comes from Puerto Rico [mainly around San Juan & Mayaquez] but it is amazing how many live in California though some also live in New York City. In California I have relatives in metro LA as well as Rancho Penasquitos near San Diego. Also family members in the Central Valley in Visalia and Los Molinos. It's also interesting that with the exception of Nueva York all my relatives live in cities that are Spanish names whether in Puerto Rico or California.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:15 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,739,064 times
None here, although my father moved to Houston from Argentina and my mother relocated here from the Midwest if that matters.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:43 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
I have some family in CA, I actually don't know a single person that lives in TX family or not. I have family in IL, FL, CA, WA, OR, FL, GA, AL, MI. All of my immediate family lives in FL.
My gf has a lot of family allover in CA, but the rest is in NYC area.
That being said I did run into a lot of people while in CA who were planning to move to Texas, specifically Austin..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City