Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 08:17 AM

133 posts, read 385,104 times

Advertisements

Jobs,weather,public school system,transportation,location,recreation,sports,c olleges,history,food etc.Which state is better in your opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 08:24 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,157,846 times
Maryland all day long!

Jobs - Fed Government
weather - All four seasons
public school system - Montgomery and Howard County school systems are among the tops in the US.
transportation - DC Metro/Marc/MTA
location -Philly/NYC
recreation - Mountains/Beaches
sports - Redskins/Ravens/Orioles/Nats/Wizards/Caps
colleges - Johns Hopkins/US Naval Academy
history - Fort McHenry
food - Crabs
etc. - Maryland is the richest state and has two of the richest counties in the US. PG is the richest majority AA county in the U.S.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:50 AM

276 posts, read 432,431 times
Maryland for the win

Old 12-27-2010, 08:58 AM

Jobs: Federal Government and the big loading docks on Baltimore's harbor
Weather: You get all four seasons in Maryland
Public school system: Maryland, especially Mont. Co and Howard county.
Transportation: Maryland, WMATA, MARC, Baltimore subway, Baltimore light rail
Location: Close to points north (Philly, NYC, NJ, Conn.) and points south (Virginia, North Carolina)
Recreation: Ocean city, Six Flags America, National Harbor, Baltimore Harbor,
Sports: Redskins, Ravens, Nationals, Orioles, Capitols, Wizards, DC united
Colleges: University of Maryland, John Hopkins University, Morgan State University
History: Annapolis
Food: Seafood

Old 12-27-2010, 10:40 AM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,675 times
Me personally, I'd probably take MD overall but I have to clear some stuff up a little. Objectively speaking: GA has better sports, more food choices (bring on the stereotypes MD people), recreation is subjective. I really don't feel that GA takes the L when it comes to colleges and universities. Weather is certainly subjective. MD gets more snow but it isn't all that drastic temperature wise.

I feel that MD is a little bit of a good fit for me because of its location but don't sleep on GA (it's being slept on already). I got a little laugh out of the whole MD "seafood" & "history" listings as if GA lacks them.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:45 AM

What food does Georgia have besides peaches and soul food?
Colleges? Ok Georgia Tech, Morehouse, Spellmen, what else? I'd add more MD schools but I don't see the point.
Sports? Falcons, Braves, Hawks, what else?

Maryland > Any state further south. Well Virginia and Texas can put up a good argument.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:48 AM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Inc. View Post
You're joking right? I see that you made an edit. Food wise, GA's a coastal state so...GT, GSU, Emory, UGA, the AUC. I think MD also takes a knee to NC if you want to talk colleges/universities. Hawks are better than the Wizards, Trashers are in 2nd place and you already know about ATL when it comes to the MLB and NFL.

Last edited by David Alleyne; 12-27-2010 at 11:17 AM..

Old 12-27-2010, 11:38 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,617,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Inc. View Post
Colleges? Ok Georgia Tech, Morehouse, Spellmen, what else? I'd add more MD schools but I don't see the point.
Sports? Falcons, Braves, Hawks, what else?

Maryland > Any state further south. Well Virginia and Texas can put up a good argument.

I lower myself to your level and say that Maryland leaches of of DC..if it didn't have the benefit of DC, it would be another Mississippi at best.....and for the record...southern and soul food is different but a closed minded individual wouldn't know that....

Old 12-27-2010, 12:02 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
You're joking right? I see that you made an edit. Food wise, GA's a coastal state so...GT, GSU, Emory, UGA, the AUC. I think MD also takes a knee to NC if you want to talk colleges/universities. Hawks are better than the Wizards, Trashers are in 2nd place and you already know about ATL when it comes to the MLB and NFL.
I dont really care about the redskin (they suck anyway), but the Ravens gave yall that game..

Old 12-27-2010, 01:49 PM

133 posts, read 385,104 times
Question What's great about Georgia?

I lower myself to your level and say that Maryland leaches of of DC..if it didn't have the benefit of DC, it would be another Mississippi at best.....and for the record...southern and soul food is different but a closed minded individual wouldn't know that....
I live in Maryland and i don't work for the government...Maryland is not entirely dependent on dc.Maryland was never confederate state,Georgia was.I would think Georgia is more similar to Mississippi.Maryland has dc and Baltimore,Georgia is bigger state yet it has only one major city.Instead of answering generalization with generalization tell us what's great about Georgia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City