Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the following is the best case scenario for you? (Multiple choice poll here)
I prefer Manhattan over San Francisco 111 55.78%
I prefer San Francisco over Manhattan 51 25.63%
I prefer Brooklyn over Los Angeles 89 44.72%
I prefer Los Angeles over Brooklyn 72 36.18%
I prefer Queens over Chicago 31 15.58%
I prefer Chicago over Queens 127 63.82%
I prefer Staten Island over Atlanta 45 22.61%
I prefer Atlanta over Staten Island 102 51.26%
I prefer The Bronx over Baltimore 58 29.15%
I prefer Baltimore over The Bronx 84 42.21%
Other 6 3.02%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 08:54 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,875,397 times

Advertisements

This poll is just designed to inflate the egos of New Yorkers, which is already over-inflated. I'm not sure Staten Island or the Bronx are better than most U.S. cities on their own, and most of Brooklyn and Queens don't have the amenities to compete with the likes of Chicago, SF, Boston etc. on their own either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 12:14 AM

46 posts, read 135,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
No. Even though Dallas & Houston are about the same density as Atlanta & Staten Island, they have an enormous chunk of land area, which makes it exceptionally disproportionate to the total amenities in their city limits, especially with Houston. With Atlanta, it has amazing amenities in the city limits and in the suburbs too.

With Houston & Dallas it would have been disproportionate because of their massive land area completely dwarfing Staten Island. I tried to make it as realistic as possible with the biggest names available. I was also considering Tucson, Albuquerque, El Paso, Milwaukee, Louisville, Las Vegas, Miami, & Charlotte to compare to Staten Island due to their populations being in the same ball park, but decided not too because many of them aren't as universally recognized as Atlanta (or even Miami) but Miami is way more dense than Staten Island so it was thrown off.

Anyways, please stay on topic people. We're not discussing why things got matched up the way they did. I already made the thread, please discuss on topic and possibly stick to the criteria. Thank you.

Staten Island is way more densed than Miami go visit it. Way less congestin then SI. Your comparin a part of NYC with another regular city. Remember that

Old 03-04-2011, 12:52 AM

46 posts, read 135,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
This poll is just designed to inflate the egos of New Yorkers, which is already over-inflated. I'm not sure Staten Island or the Bronx are better than most U.S. cities on their own, and most of Brooklyn and Queens don't have the amenities to compete with the likes of Chicago, SF, Boston etc. on their own either.

These 4 boroughs are more populated in density then any other U.S city which will make it feel much more urban and city like then the other cities out there and don't forget the diversity ( its a meltin pot). The boroughs have a lot too offer compared to those other regular cities in the south, west . etc.. There not as superior

Old 03-20-2011, 04:38 PM

151 posts, read 223,975 times
Brooklyn VS Los Angeles:

Criteria:

- Weather LA
- Scenery LA
- Economy LA
- Education LA
- Parks LA
- Waterfront LA
- Skyline LA
- Downtown activity LA
- Shopping LA
- Diversity LA
- Housing stock LA
- School systems (K-12) LA
- Higher education (Colleges & Universities) LA
- Mass Transit LA
- Niche Industry (What are they for either?) LA
- Pace of life LA
- Quality of life LA
- Cost of living LA
- Dining scene LA

Questions:
- Which one would you rather live in? And why? LA, LA has everything

Old 03-21-2011, 02:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
gully? your jamaican?
No

Old 05-23-2011, 02:58 PM

573 posts, read 1,360,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
Brooklyn beating LA?? i cant agree with with one. LA is too much for brooklyn alone.
LA is too much for new york alone

Old 05-23-2011, 05:01 PM

396 posts, read 906,211 times
I'd be curious to hear how Brooklyn has more diversity than LA.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:26 PM

336 posts, read 768,390 times
Manhattan > LA
Brooklyn > SF
Queens > Chicago
Staten Island > Atlanta
Baltimore > The Bronx

Old 05-23-2011, 06:40 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,707,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
I'd be curious to hear how Brooklyn has more diversity than LA.
Isn't half of LA city Hispanic? There's your answer then. Brooklyn is the second most diverse borough after Queens. And I believe Queens is actually the most diverse place in the world with over 800 languages spoken in the borough.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:34 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsing View Post
Manhattan > LA
Brooklyn > SF
Queens > Chicago
Staten Island > Atlanta
Baltimore > The Bronx
staten island better than atlanta. But the bronx isnt better than baltimore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City