Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 10:38 AM

1,574 posts, read 5,119,653 times

Advertisements

When it comes to driving, general pace of living, etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 10:46 AM

704 posts, read 1,793,102 times
Denver.

I've never been to Minneapolis and have only the antecdotal evidence from former Twin Cities' residents now living in Denver. But Denver is the smallest of the three and probably the least vibrant and cosmopolitan.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:05 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,073,473 times
Should have known that YOU would be the first one in to rip on Denver! It is a 100 percent fact that not a Denver thread goes by without you dropping a bad line on it! Please show me the facts that says Denver is the SLOWEST at driving.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:43 PM

704 posts, read 1,793,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
Should have known that YOU would be the first one in to rip on Denver! It is a 100 percent fact that not a Denver thread goes by without you dropping a bad line on it! Please show me the facts that says Denver is the SLOWEST at driving.
Who said slow was a bad thing? You should know that I'm a Denver native who happens to love the area. I just don't pretend that it's the glitzy, glamorous hub of cosmopolitan culture that you wish it was. It's a boring middle-American cowtown with incredible views, beautiful mountains, and generally nice people. And, yes, it isn't the quickest place, either. But that's why I love it.

And, of course, my evidence is merely antecdotal. 99% of the questions on here are purely antecdotal.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:09 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,640,475 times
Seattle drivers are slow, but not because they want to be - traffic around town can be awful.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:15 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,815,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneNative View Post
Denver.

I've never been to Minneapolis and have only the antecdotal evidence from former Twin Cities' residents now living in Denver. But Denver is the smallest of the three and probably the least vibrant and cosmopolitan.
Your inacurate Denver bashing comments jumping from the Denver to City to City forums have lost you any sense of credibility. I am a local and can spot a native imposter a mile away. On a previous thread you stated that you have been to minneaplolis and that Denver would NEVER be as cosmoplitan as Minneapolis.

As to the OP'S question I would say Seattle is fastest paced and Denver/Minneapolis are fairly close to each other.Minneapolis has the edge on cultural amen. while Denver holds the lead in things like higher end shopping IMO..
I enjoy all three cities...but Denver is currently home once again.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:47 PM

260 posts, read 757,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Your inacurate Denver bashing comments jumping from the Denver to City to City forums have lost you any sense of credibility. I am a local and can spot a native imposter a mile away. On a previous thread you stated that you have been to minneaplolis and that Denver would NEVER be as cosmoplitan as Minneapolis.

As to the OP'S question I would say Seattle is fastest paced and Denver/Minneapolis are fairly close to each other.Minneapolis has the edge on cultural amen. while Denver holds the lead in things like higher end shopping IMO..
I enjoy all three cities...but Denver is currently home once again.

Denver so doesn't have the lead in things like higher-end shopping. It's a great city, but it's not really that high-end. Aspen on the other hand is a haven for rich shoppers.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlefanatic View Post
Denver so doesn't have the lead in things like higher-end shopping. It's a great city, but it's not really that high-end. Aspen on the other hand is a haven for rich shoppers.
Between Minneapolis and Denver it does, and yes I have spent a few summers living in Aspen..I am well aware of that, but even Aspenites drive down to the Cherry Creek North shopping district. There are also a fair number of VAIL/ASPEN residents who own second homes in CC to be near those restaurants/shopping. Cherry Creek serves the entire inner mountain west so it's a destination district..very high end.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:09 PM

260 posts, read 757,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Between Minneapolis and Denver it does, and yes I have spent a few summers living in Aspen..I am well aware of that, but even Aspenites drive down to the Cherry Creek North shopping district. There are also a fair number of VAIL/ASPEN residents who own second homes in CC to be near those restaurants/shopping. Cherry Creek serves the entire inner mountain west so it's a destination district..very high end.

I thought you meant between the three cities. And I've never heard of Cherry Creek, but I looked it up and it really does look very high-end.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlefanatic View Post
I thought you meant between the three cities. And I've never heard of Cherry Creek, but I looked it up and it really does look very high-end.
Ya Seattle is in a tier above Minneapolis and Denver in many categories. Can't think Seattle without thinking Nordstom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City