Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 06:19 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
lol @ fighting/violent cities as "tough" cities. If your city is "tough" because there is a lot of violence, and people can't mind their own business without being confronted, accosted, or berated just for being there, then you live in a truly awful and miserable place, and I pity you for that.

However, toughness as resilience and determination (i.e. tough-minded), or a tough work ethic, then that would be a good quality.
thank you. 100 percent agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 06:41 PM

765 posts, read 1,860,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post
Got ya, so I take it acting tough is tough for you? My idea of a tough town is where people fight, get jumped, and have to fight back. Figures this would come from a loud-mouthed NEW YORKER. You guys LOVE to act tough, like a little chihuahua. Always yapping your mouths. I guarantee you: yap your mouth in one of the top cities I listed, and watch it get broken and wired.

New Yorkers, which are about half my family, hide behind their "New Yorker Facade." And, although lots of people are fooled by that facade, not everybody is. You people in New York are better at what to wear tomorrow than backing up your big mouths and arrogant attitudes. Come to Camden, NJ dude, act like a tough guy down there, see how you end up.

Dare I use numbers to back up my arguments? Ingrate. You're just mad your town isn't as bad as you think it is, and want it to be.
Camden is dangerous because its small. Cross the river and go to some sections in North Philly, it's the same ****...not much different. Of course Philly has a lower crime rate, thats because the city is huge and makes room for better neighborhoods in which bring the crime rate down. If you cut off Northeast Philly, Center City, and Northwest Philly....now you have a MUCH bigger version of Camden.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:45 PM

765 posts, read 1,860,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post
Got ya, so I take it acting tough is tough for you? My idea of a tough town is where people fight, get jumped, and have to fight back. Figures this would come from a loud-mouthed NEW YORKER. You guys LOVE to act tough, like a little chihuahua. Always yapping your mouths. I guarantee you: yap your mouth in one of the top cities I listed, and watch it get broken and wired.

New Yorkers, which are about half my family, hide behind their "New Yorker Facade." And, although lots of people are fooled by that facade, not everybody is. You people in New York are better at what to wear tomorrow than backing up your big mouths and arrogant attitudes. Come to Camden, NJ dude, act like a tough guy down there, see how you end up.

Dare I use numbers to back up my arguments? Ingrate. You're just mad your town isn't as bad as you think it is, and want it to be.
True, anyone can visit Camden and get intimidated. But at the same time, you can visit sections of Brooklyn and the Bronx...and you'll get your jaw broken as well.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:46 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,721,264 times
Yes, camden is truly a hellish place, I found myself there a couple months ago. I couldn't get out fast enough. Jersey in a whole, is just not my thing.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Yes, camden is truly a hellish place, I found myself there a couple months ago. I couldn't get out fast enough. Jersey in a whole, is just not my thing.
jersey as a whole has a low crime rate. jersey as a whole is shown in the wrong way by the media.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post
True, anyone can visit Camden and get intimidated. But at the same time, you can visit sections of Brooklyn and the Bronx...and you'll get your jaw broken as well.
he is just acting tough online he knows just as much as you that he can get his jaw broke in bk or bx.

in fact i have a new article of Newark idiots getting owned in nyc, and guess where? TIMES SQUARE

Old 02-16-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post
Camden is dangerous because its small. Cross the river and go to some sections in North Philly, it's the same ****...not much different. Of course Philly has a lower crime rate, thats because the city is huge and makes room for better neighborhoods in which bring the crime rate down. If you cut off Northeast Philly, Center City, and Northwest Philly....now you have a MUCH bigger version of Camden.
the hood is the hood everywhere.

overall crime rates are bias.

a city can have 1 hood in its whole city that is more dangerous than every hood in a city where they have 20 hoods.

but because the city has 1 hood it will be labeled safe but at the end of the day that 1 hood in the safe city is as violent as all the 20 hoods in the next.

internet tough guys just don't understand lol.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:06 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,721,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
jersey as a whole has a low crime rate. jersey as a whole is shown in the wrong way by the media.
I'm not going off of media stereotypes, I spent a good portion of my childhood, growing up in Jersey, the place sux.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
I'm not going off of media stereotypes, I spent a good portion of my childhood, growing up in Jersey, the place sux.
ooooo ok i get you it just sucks. lol i mean i actually like northern jersey starting in newark and everything up north.

central new jersey and everything south i could not do at all. Just balling out in Atlantic city that's about it.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:22 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,410 times
Anybody in Texas can whoop anyone else in the US (not to mention the World) so why even ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City