Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2010, 10:59 AM

1,416 posts, read 3,210,159 times

Advertisements

STATE - Florida
CITY- Miami

If not Florida, San Diego or Charlotte.

But I love head & {HUMIDITY}. Dry air freaking SUCKS. I love the lightning shows and thunderstorms. Love how a system can come from the north, south, east, or west and not just the west like majority of country. Winters (With exception of this year lol) are mostly warm with slight cool. Two seasons are enough for me, don't need FALL and SPRING necessarily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 11:54 AM

698 posts, read 1,509,203 times
Hawaii wins hands down. Its why I moved out here from crappy weather Seattle.

People can say all they want about the four seasons and the rain and all that bs but millions of people come out to Hawaii for the year round good weather and natural beauty. To me that speaks volume.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:43 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,210,159 times
Mybad, not head. Heat!

Old 04-04-2010, 11:59 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,695,022 times
Default best weather is actually subjective

I'd like to point out that the best weather is actually a subjective thing. Some people love hot and dry climates, others love hot and humid climates and then you have other people who love 4 season climates. And then there are people like my father who hates cold weather and super hot weather. I will say that I don't think that I mentioned Seattle as having some of the best weather especially now. Its summers are gorgeous from what I've heard and even their winters aren't so bad that you would feel like freezing to death. Seattle should get at least some consideration for the "best" weather category.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:28 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,380,504 times
What does 'best' even mean? Everyone likes something different, and I think that's a good thing.

Here are a list of cities based on weather variety:

Least weather variety (Weather Variety - Least Variety)
1. San Francisco, CA (Civic Center)
2. San Diego, CA
3. Los Angeles Airport, CA (LAX)
4. Eureka, CA
5. Long Beach, CA
6. Honolulu, HI
7. Los Angeles, CA (Civic Center)
8. San Francisco Airport, CA (SFO)
9. Kahului, HI
10. San Jose, CA

Most weather variety for the ultimate four season fans (Weather Variety - Most Variety)
1. Springfield, MO
2. Topeka, KS
3. Rochester, MN
4. Wichita, KS
5. Columbia, MO
6. Des Moines, IA
7. Lincoln, NE
8. Madison, WI
9. Concordia, IA
10. Sioux City, IA

Here's the list of every city ranked from most weather variety to least weather variety. Some results MAY BE shocking (Weather Variety - Total Scores)

Old 04-04-2010, 03:01 PM

725 posts, read 1,510,151 times
californ yi yay. I couldn't believe how nice it was. It was the best thing about the state to me that in the middle of the summer it wasn't sticky hot... just nice... just right

Old 04-04-2010, 04:12 PM

535 posts, read 1,410,737 times
Cali wins!

Old 04-04-2010, 04:25 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
CA(Even though I've never been.), TX, Fla, GA, NC.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:31 PM

137 posts, read 277,576 times
if you like 4 non-extreme seasons of dry and brown, then denver and the new mexico area might be the best. if you like 4 non-extreme seasons of humid and green, then i'd have to say the mid-atlantic area. i'd include north carolina, but there's very little snow to make me think it's a true winter.

other than that, it seems like san diego (with steady mild temps) and the southeast (warm, sub-tropical climate) are up there, for me at least.

i've never been to the pac nw, but i think seattle and portland sound like great areas. my issue is that the ocean temps are cold and the days can be gray. san fran definitely has some cool nighttime temps in the summer which took me off guard when i visited there. chicago is fookin freezing in the winter, so i'd probably have to cross that off my list even though it's a great city from what i've heard (haven't spent much time there). the northeast has 4 seasons, more snow than the mid-atlantic on average, but the ocean is cold (relatively speaking).

it's all personal preference. do you want the ocean? if so, what temp? do you need mountains? if so, what kind? do you like dry or humid? you may not find the perfect city in the u.s., but there are enough choices to be happy.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:40 PM

137 posts, read 277,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
STATE - Florida
CITY- Miami

If not Florida, San Diego or Charlotte.

But I love head & {HUMIDITY}. Dry air freaking SUCKS. I love the lightning shows and thunderstorms. Love how a system can come from the north, south, east, or west and not just the west like majority of country. Winters (With exception of this year lol) are mostly warm with slight cool. Two seasons are enough for me, don't need FALL and SPRING necessarily.
florida seems like it's spring and summer year round, definitely no winter, well at least south florida. i agree, humidity can be a good thing. nothing was stranger than getting off the plane in dc from spending time in denver. i never realized how much humidity is on the east coast until i spent time there. you really feel it. now that i'm back in the mid-atlantic i've gotten used to again. case in point, in denver, a drink will form little condensation on the cup and bathing suits take one night to dry. in dc, a drink attract condensation and bathing suits can take 3 days to dry sometimes (at least in the summer)...thats if you don't put it in the dryer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City