Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:22 AM

639 posts, read 1,290,250 times

Advertisements

Mansions, yachts, etc. Share us your Hollywood stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 06:23 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,344,945 times
keeping it in the USA East Hamptons: Gigantic estates, beautiful private beaches, Gladwyne PA: Very old beautiful estates, with lots of wooded areas. Greenwich CT: Same as Gladwyne, Beaches of Orange County CA, Southern tip of NJ. Those are all the money ones.

for scenary Nantucket, Burlington Vt, Mrytle Beach SC. Colorado mountain ranges, these could be associated with money as well though.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:15 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,189,036 times
Palm Beach, Florida

Old 05-03-2011, 05:22 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Obviously, we are supposed to use YOUR definition of NICE when answering this questions.

To be honest the nicest place I have ever seen was coastal Texas between Corpus Christi and Port Isabel. Miles and miles of untouched land inhabited by sea birds. Occasionally, a fishing boat might pass by. (I seem to recall seeing a cow or too also).

Not a single mansion or yacht to be seen anywhere.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-03-2011, 05:50 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,012,512 times
Newport Coast / Laguna Beach
North Shore of Long Island

Most beautiful:
Kauai, HI

Old 05-03-2011, 06:18 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,020,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
I was going to say dresden... But apparently our ideas of "nice" are very different

Old 05-03-2011, 06:24 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,681,074 times
After reading the first few responses to this thread, I've realized how pathetic this forum has gotten. Yeah people, we get it. You're "Cool" and what's 'nice' to you is different. Use some discretion to answer the question. It's pretty basic. Have you seen some nice 'hollywood' type areas with flashy cars, mansions, money. It's not that difficult. If that stuff isn't 'nice' to you, then shut your face and go bicker about which skyline is cooler.

Just answer the damn question.

To me, according to the discretion I used to come up with an answer - the nicest area was Orange County in SoCal. Very big homes, fatty big body cars, and flashy sports cars, fancy restaurants. To me that was one of the 'nicer' places I've seen.

See. It's not that hard.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:25 PM

9,380 posts, read 9,344,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
After reading the first few responses to this thread, I've realized how pathetic this forum has gotten. Yeah people, we get it. You're "Cool" and what's 'nice' to you is different. Use some discretion to answer the question. It's pretty basic. Have you seen some nice 'hollywood' type areas with flashy cars, mansions, money. It's not that difficult. If that stuff isn't 'nice' to you, then shut your face and go bicker about which skyline is cooler.

To me, according to the discretion I used to come up with an answer - the nicest area was Orange County in SoCal. Very big homes, fatty big body cars, and flashy sports cars, fancy restaurants. To me that was one of the 'nicer' places I've seen.

See. It's not that hard.

harsh, i answered the question

Old 05-03-2011, 07:29 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Maui.Hands down.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:27 PM

7,529 posts, read 10,263,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post

See. It's not that hard.
Good grief - are you off your meds?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City