Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...........
DC 49 44.95%
ATL 49 44.95%
Tied 11 10.09%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 11:45 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,438,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
I'm from pg county md.....one of the proudest AA communities on earth but even I know too much pride leads to ignorance...this $#&% is a stalemate..just stop the presses
From what I can tell, D.C. AA pride is not the same as Atown pride. D.C. is an arrogant pride a "we're better than you" type of pride that leads to callin people country and bamas. Atown pride is a productive type pride. A pride that says "look at what we've done and can keep on doing if we work hard at it" It's a pride that leads to making music companies and labels and selling millions and millions of records among other things.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,658,144 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
From what I can tell, D.C. AA pride is not the same as Atown pride. D.C. is an arrogant pride a "we're better than you" type of pride that leads to callin people country and bamas. Atown pride is a productive type pride. A pride that says "look at what we've done and can keep on doing if we work hard at it" It's a pride that leads to making music companies and labels and selling millions and millions of records among other things.
You're ignorance comes from what you can tell from this board...experience can fix that...The same "look what we've done" mentality is found here also.... DC ppl call DC ppl bammas NY ppl call DC ppl country...its all from ignorance....I can't really go back and forth with you guys bc Im not in the A like that too make a claim but I do got folks from GA and I can tell you all about there ignorant southern ways but that has nothing to do with the topic at hand....just like everything else yall debating about

Old 06-23-2011, 12:46 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,161,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
PRIDE??? Stop playing - DC's AA community is built differently from Atlanta's. What you call arrogance, we call confidence. I know for a fact that AA's in DC would never ever let a developer build a housing development and call it a "PLANTATION" like they do in the ATL. WTF is that about? In DC, something like that wouldn't fly. How can you call yourself a AA and live on a subdivision or development called a plantation. That's a slap in the face to your ancestors. That's the difference between DC and the ATL.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:54 PM

336 posts, read 768,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
PRIDE??? Stop playing - DC's AA community is built differently from Atlanta's. What you call arrogance, we call confidence. I know for a fact that AA's in DC would never ever let a developer build a housing development and call it a "PLANTATION" like they do in the ATL. WTF is that about? In DC, something like that wouldn't fly. How can you call yourself a AA and live on a subdivision or development called a plantation. That's a slap in the face to your ancestors. That's the difference between DC and the ATL.
and thats the difference between the AA mentality of the north and the south.

Try building something in a AA neighborhood called a plantation in the north and DC/MD and if it don't be massive protests and eventually riots. We don't play that slave sh*t up here like they do down south.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:02 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times
The AA's in DC didn't put up much of a fight when they were being priced out of their own neighborhoods. How much protesting was being done about that?

Old 06-23-2011, 01:04 PM

199 posts, read 178,865 times
I seriously don't know how someones location determines their IQ and knowledge. It is beyond ignorant to think all northern black are on some "higher plain" of intellect then southern ones.

Divide and conquer mentality at is finest. How can we want other races to take us serious but we promote this "hollier then thou" mentality among ourselves based on location in the same d*mn country.

Last edited by Hobgob; 06-23-2011 at 01:12 PM..

Old 06-23-2011, 01:08 PM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsing View Post
and thats the difference between the AA mentality of the north and the south.

Try building something in a AA neighborhood called a plantation in the north and DC/MD and if it don't be massive protests and eventually riots. We don't play that slave sh*t up here like they do down south.
You two can't be that simple, can you? Are you under the assumption that it has anything to do with slavery?

And before you both start coming back whatever nonsense response you have ready for this, whats up with this place in DC:

Dumbarton Oaks

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ci...0VuGcgyPG0_2-w
1703 32nd Street Northwest, Washington D.C., DC
(202) 339-6401 ‎ · doaks.org
15 reviews
pre columbian art · byzantine and pre-columbian · garden and landscape · mildred and robert · rose garden
"Plantations and Historic Mansions. 1703 32nd Street, NW (one block east of Wisconsin Avenue between R and S Streets in Georgetown). Telephone: (202) 339-6401" - house.gov

You don't allow that sort of stuff in DC, huh? LMAO

Old 06-23-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
You two can't be that simple, can you? Are you under the assumption that it has anything to do with slavery?
Please tell me that you are being sarcastic? As a black man, why would I want to live on any property being billed as a "Plantation?" If you can't see that as a slap in the face to AA's, then I really feel for you. I have this same conversation with Virginians. I don't want to live in a state that celebrates "Confederate Heritage Month" and recognizes people like Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson as hereos. F&ck them!

Old 06-23-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post

And before you both start coming back whatever nonsense response you have ready for this, whats up with this place in DC:

Dumbarton Oaks

Dumbarton Oaks
1703 32nd Street Northwest, Washington D.C., DC
(202) 339-6401 ‎ · doaks.org
15 reviews
pre columbian art · byzantine and pre-columbian · garden and landscape · mildred and robert · rose garden
"Plantations and Historic Mansions. 1703 32nd Street, NW (one block east of Wisconsin Avenue between R and S Streets in Georgetown). Telephone: (202) 339-6401" - house.gov

You don't allow that sort of stuff in DC, huh? LMAO
Wow, you looked up some BS on the Internet. Dumbarton Oaks is a tourist spot and not a plantation. People do not live there. They can call it whatever the want. The question is you are cool with living on a place called a Plantation? AA's in the ATL are pitiful.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
The AA's in DC didn't put up much of a fight when they were being priced out of their own neighborhoods. How much protesting was being done about that?

Hey Nostradamus,

Anybody can get priced out of a neighborhood through gentrification. What fight can you put up? Have you been to Harlem lately? Do you think Jews would jump at the chance to move to a development being billed as a "Camp."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City