Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 04:42 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,472,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I deleted the Bay Area troll 18Montclair a long time ago. Now it's your turn.

Buh-bye!
Awww what a shame! I'll really miss you reading my responses to all your DC/NE>>>>>>>everything else posts.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:49 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,252,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
One point I will agree with is neither side really called out any of the locale delusion; yourself included.
Acutally, I disagree. phillies2011 called out some BS being slung by one of our locals (or is it locos?). Thought he did a pretty good job as well.

Surprised you're still in this expecting sudden lucidity. The train wreck was fun to watch for a while, but I found it best to put a certain someone on my "ignore list." Heading out soon for a neighborhood Indian byo. Have a good weekend

Old 06-25-2011, 04:56 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
Acutally, I disagree. phillies2011 called out some BS being slung by one of our locals (or is it locos?). Thought he did a pretty good job as well.

Surprised you're still in this expecting sudden lucidity. The train wreck was fun to watch for a while, but I found it best to put a certain someone on my "ignore list." Heading out soon for a neighborhood Indian byo. Have a good weekend

Yes you are right Phillies2011 did make an attempt

Am just killing a little time actually while also enjoying painting some stained glass crafts with my daughter but off for some gelato in a bit; funny thing was I walked over to University City earlier today and had brunch at Distrito; was thinking how nice it is have a great University centered in the middle of vibrant city.

Enjoy Bindi I pressume

Old 06-25-2011, 05:17 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I deleted the Bay Area troll 18Montclair a long time ago. Now it's your turn.

Buh-bye!
LOL

Trust me, the pleasure of having no dialogue with you is alllllll mine and quite frankly, I hadnt even noticed.

As if, you could phase me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome
I often wonder at times like this whether good trolling is more of a gift or a skill?
I dont think its trolling if your simply tearing apart a point someone has made that has holes in it.

Even if you reach an impasse, people should agree to disagree and move on.

IMO, it devolves into trolling when personal insults are hurled, which unfortunately is all some people know when they can't come up with a good response. Which is sad.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:23 PM

191 posts, read 214,863 times
I leave to go out and chill, come back and now this is basically a flame war.

If you guys wanna play like that bay posters well lets play.

You guys start.

Heres the question.

What does the Bay have that the Philadelphia Area doesnt have and what makes it better?

I asked this question before but no one could answer it..

All that talking threw the ass but nothing to back it up.

Philadelphia won this one this time sorry bay.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:24 PM

191 posts, read 214,863 times
This thread is getting out of hand,

Can someone make a philly vs bay thread? Specifically for this unless the mods let us use this one.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:29 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,472,270 times
Quote:

Yeah but you were actually guilty as charged and remained classlessly silent. Case in point, post #300 of this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/city-...n-jose-30.html

But you can go ahead and credit him for being the only one of you in history to do so if you want.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:40 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Luxury View Post
What does the Bay have that the Philadelphia Area doesnt have and what makes it better?
What exactly does this have to do with the thread topic?

And why are you asking it? To perpetuate or being the very 'flame war' you now pretend to be shocked at finding once returning to this thread. "Oh, the horror".

People get so out of sorts by words. Sticks and stones people. Sticks and stones.

Quote:
All that talking threw the ass but nothing to back it up.
Bwahahahahahaha....somebody needs to look in the mirror cause I dont think you have presented anything aside from your personal opinion.

So ironic.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:18 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,016,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
When you become yet another perpetrator of childish arguments yourself then you lose credibility. If you notice I did stop engaging that other poster and now have him on ignore. But you Philly boosters seem to wind up being all the same (except Duderino - the only one who has consistently stayed rational). I guess maybe you're right; it was you and not that other mindless Philly-booster that fixated on me initially. Doesn't change the fact that you all are being completely one-sided in who you target for "immature responses."

You may have at least made one comment against that other poster, I'll give you that, but you also have to admit that you only see me doing this in response to idiocy coming from your side, which seems to be perfectly acceptable to the rest of your side while my responses or those of others from my side are solely being scrutinized. Its pathetic.

Edit: Correction - I actually did have the correct poster and I was referring to post #300 of this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/city-...n-jose-30.html
What can I say my man, I told him to knock it off. He continued. What can I do? I'm not a mod.

Honestly the person in question is obviously a troll, if not he's at least someone not smart enough to not fall into the trapings of acting like one. Continuing to reprimand him obviously wouldn't work and would only further derail the discussion in this thread. You seemed more reasonable and so I appealed to you. Obviously that didn't work either.

I have since the beginning of this thread whole heartily argued the position that while san fran has phenomenal higher educations and is one of the top cities in the country in that respect, easily top five. I just think that Philadelphia is better. Second only to Boston. I tried to show my position using facts and logic. I never attacked anyone. If that's childish? Irrational? fine. I don't see how pointing out facts and stating opinions is either of these things but fine. this has obviously derailed now anyway.

Quote:

haha i tried! thanks for noticing. didn't make much of a difference though haha. oh well.

i'm very jealous of your plans tonight. I've been stuck in raleigh for almost 2 weeks on business and my departure keeps on getting delayed by nonsense! hopefully i can take care of everything come monday and get the first flight out. can't wait to get back.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:52 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,650,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
LOL

I dont think its trolling if your simply tearing apart a point someone has made that has holes in it.

Even if you reach an impasse, people should agree to disagree and move on.

IMO, it devolves into trolling when personal insults are hurled, which unfortunately is all some people know when they can't come up with a good response. Which is sad.
Oh, I wasn't referring to you. I thought your posts on this thread were good, if a little vitriolic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City