Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where is a better place to live San Francisco, or San Diego?
San Francisco 94 57.32%
San Diego 70 42.68%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 09:44 AM

6,613 posts, read 16,575,213 times

Advertisements

I've visited both several times and a like them both very much, for different reasons. I was surprised that I liked San Diego. I lived in Miami several years and expected SD to be a west coast Miami, but it is far from it. But to answer the question, I'd go with SF, hands down. Now if you asked San Diego vs. Miami...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 01:25 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,075,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
I believe part of San Diego is also in the zone of San Andreas fault too
San Diego would feel severe shaking form a quake on the San Andreas, particularly if one hits in the Coachella Valley, which is where the epicenter of the next "big one" is predicted. But San Diego is 70-80 miles from the San Andreas; it runs right directly through west San Francisco, however.

Old 08-12-2007, 03:23 PM

1,008 posts, read 4,025,195 times
San Diego is my home and I can tell you it's beautiful here. Expensive but very beautiful. We have the best Zoo in the U.S. and plently of culture, beaches, dining and wonderful weather. San Francisco is a wonderful city as well. I like San Francisco for its political atmosphere, but that was in the past, trust me San Francisco has drastically changed. In a nutshell, you'll be happy in both cities so long as you have the $$$$$ I think CA is overrated outside of us having such beautiful weather. That's just my opinion.

Old 08-12-2007, 03:46 PM

718 posts, read 2,687,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy222 View Post
Yes indeed! San Fran is so beautiful & magical. There are so many things to see & do right at your fingertips. I lived there for 8 yrs & when I had to move back to the mid-west I cried for a yr! Really!!!!!! I left my heart in San Francisco!!!!! However, it's not a place for everyone! I would suggest visiting there-avoiding the tourist areas-and going into all the wonderful district shopping areas and walking around to get a feel for the city and whether or not it's a place that 'you' could call home.
Good Luck!!!!
I can relate. I think id rather pitch a tent in golden gate park than live in the midwest again.

Old 08-12-2007, 03:58 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatealoneskatetogether View Post
I can relate. I think id rather pitch a tent in golden gate park than live in the midwest again.
This thread is between San Francisco and San Diego,and someone still finds a way to pick on the Midwest.I don't even know why The Midwest would come up in a discussion between two Californian cities.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:07 PM

1,008 posts, read 4,025,195 times
San Francisco is a beautiful city but it's nothing like it was in the 1960's and 1970's. The yuppies/conservatives have taken over, it's a shame. Last time I was there it felt "foreign" let's just say the magic many people have come to love has disappeared in most of the U.S. It's a shame.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:09 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,693,098 times
Quote:
conservatives have taken over
You're kidding...right? San Fran is one of the most liberal cities in the US! That's basically the only problems I have with San Fran is that it's so liberal...

Old 08-13-2007, 09:32 PM

39 posts, read 152,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
This thread is between San Francisco and San Diego,and someone still finds a way to pick on the Midwest.I don't even know why The Midwest would come up in a discussion between two Californian cities.
I was simply expressing my nostalgia & great love of San Francisco. I used the example of how sad I was when I had to come back to the Midwest to expound on that point. Made sense to me! ?????
Southern California didn't touch me the way Northern did so I really had nothing to say about it.
I was unaware that people sharing their views would be considered picking on a place. Sorry, I didn't see that.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:40 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,236,297 times
San Francisco all the way. Dense, walkable, excellent public transportation, sophisticated, charming, fantastic shopping and cultural amenities and its beautiful to look at.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:57 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,206,802 times
Despite the problems with the Liberal mindset allowing illegals and everyone else to pee on it, San Francisco is America's only answer to Paris. The best setting for a city in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City