Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 06:19 PM

676 posts, read 492,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
That would be a no brainer. River Oaks easily. For the record, i think Buckhead is better than River Oaks. But River Oaks Districts attracts name brands that would never think about entering Atlanta.
Examples?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2021, 06:22 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times
Quote:
Buck head > Uptown

River Oaks >>>> Tuxedo Park
River Oaks and Tuxedo Park look very similar. The main difference is Tuxedo Park probably has a larger collection of historic homes.

Old 07-20-2021, 06:24 PM

9,859 posts, read 6,570,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilFan View Post
Examples?
There’s a lot. Harry Winston, Dolce & Gabbana, Kiton, John Hardy. List is too long to get into all of them.

I’m actually a bit shocked that Atlanta lacks so far behind it’s peers in this regard. The Shops at Buckhead was actually developed by the dame developers as River Oaks District but it hasn’t seen the same level of success at attracting brands as ROD.

Originally, I thought it was just that particular development, but Lennox Square and Phipps Plaza combined also don’t lure the amount of shops the Galleria does. So the market for upscale shopping must be smaller in Atlanta.

Old 07-20-2021, 06:44 PM

Quote:
There’s a lot. Harry Winston, Dolce & Gabbana, Kiton, John Hardy. List is too long to get into all of them.

I’m actually a bit shocked that Atlanta lacks so far behind it’s peers in this regard. The Shops at Buckhead was actually developed by the dame developers as River Oaks District but it hasn’t seen the same level of success at attracting brands as ROD.

Originally, I thought it was just that particular development, but Lennox Square and Phipps Plaza combined also don’t lure the amount of shops the Galleria does. So the market for upscale shopping must be smaller in Atlanta.
I don't think the market is necessarily smaller, Saks & Neiman's have always done very well here. A lot of people here go to NY, and have for years. It's only a 2 hour flight. A good friend is the manager of Tom Ford here, he has said due to this 'bleed' to NY the boutiques that actually are in Atlanta have outsized popularity locally. There are plenty of wealthy people here.

Old 07-20-2021, 07:52 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,297,332 times
Quote:

Houston does have a bigger shopping scene, but isn't there a D&G boutique at Phipps Plaza? At least that's what the mall map says. There are stores that Houston has been able to keep a storefront that have closed in Atlanta and even Dallas. I assume the international shopping in Houston helps with that.

Last edited by R1070; 07-20-2021 at 08:01 PM..

Old 07-20-2021, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Houston does have a bigger shopping scene, but isn't there a D&G boutique at Phipps Plaza? At least that's what the mall map says. There are stores that Houston has been able to keep a storefront that have closed in Atlanta and even Dallas. I assume the international shopping in Houston helps with that.
That one is inside Sak’s

Old 07-20-2021, 08:17 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,297,332 times
Quote:
That one is inside Sak’s
oh hmmm, the map for Phipps shows it out in the mall. Perhaps that's an old map.

Also, to note… the John Hardy in Houston closed.

Last edited by R1070; 07-20-2021 at 08:40 PM..

Old 07-21-2021, 03:21 AM

Quote:
That one is inside Sak’s
That's a women's boutique inside Saks, there's a fully separate store inside Phipps that carries women's, men's and accessories. There's also a women's boutique inside Neiman's at Lenox. So yes, D&G has a decent presence here, don't sell us short!

Old 07-21-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
That's a women's boutique inside Saks, there's a fully separate store inside Phipps that carries women's, men's and accessories. There's also a women's boutique inside Neiman's at Lenox. So yes, D&G has a decent presence here, don't sell us short!
For some reason, it’s not pulling up on the D&G website. I’m trying to see what that’s about.

Old 07-21-2021, 06:39 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,741,829 times
Oh no, not this again. As far as build environment goes, it’s Buckhead Village Shops (which it has changed names to). Buckhead Village is transitioning away from luxury stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City