Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 03:27 PM

585 posts, read 362,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
Seriously?! I think it looks like Elton John's vomit.
Indeed! *shudder*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 03:51 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,929,225 times
North Carolina's license plate doesn't stand out to me.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:46 AM

976 posts, read 1,111,271 times
SC's new one.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:52 AM

15 posts, read 41,922 times
I can't believe you lot moan about some plates. Here in the UK we have a white one on the front and yellow on the back:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...tKaihsuTai.jpg (broken link)

The GB symbol is optional. We aren't allowed different fonts and all bases are the same colour and shape. And they are plastic, not metal. Anyone actually like these plates?

Anyway, on topic, I quite like the Virginia scenic plates - simple and attractive.

I really like these ones as well (although they aren't current issue)

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 01-16-2014 at 08:25 AM..

Old 09-07-2009, 11:14 AM

389 posts, read 1,095,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe lynchburger View Post
The GB symbol is optional. We aren't allowed different fonts and all bases are the same colour and shape. And they are plastic, not metal. Anyone actually like these plates?
All through the UK? That sucks. It'd be cooler if England got their own unique looking plate. Along with Scotland, Whales and Northern Ireland all with their own plates too. Instead of the same boring white and yellow plate (like New Jersey's!).

I've seen European vanity plates on the front of German made cars here in Pennsylvania since we don't have front plates.

Anywho, as for my favorite plates. I like simple designs and I really dig Colorado's and Vermont's plates.

I also like a couple of Pennsylvania's speciality plates. Ie:

and the Flagship Niagara plates too.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:42 AM

1,994 posts, read 5,827,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torresdale View Post
All through the UK? That sucks. It'd be cooler if England got their own unique looking plate. Along with Scotland, Whales and Northern Ireland all with their own plates too. Instead of the same boring white and yellow plate (like New Jersey's!).

I've seen European vanity plates on the front of German made cars here in Pennsylvania since we don't have front plates.

Anywho, as for my favorite plates. I like simple designs and I really dig Colorado's and Vermont's plates.

I also like a couple of Pennsylvania's speciality plates. Ie:

and the Flagship Niagara plates too.
Nice

Old 09-07-2009, 11:48 AM

15 posts, read 41,922 times
[quote=Torresdale;10646645]All through the UK? That sucks. It'd be cooler if England got their own unique looking plate. Along with Scotland, Whales and Northern Ireland all with their own plates too. Instead of the same boring white and yellow plate (like New Jersey's!).

Exactly! And Wales is spelt "Wales" BTW. I thought they could also have county plates, e.g. the cars registered in my area would have "Worcestershire" or "Worcs" plates (my county)

Old 09-07-2009, 12:14 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,023,547 times
this is the new New Mexico plate that they are proposing- they are asking if the locals want to keep the old yellow and the new one or just the new one. They are getting rid of the balloon plate though cause not many people here like it. If you notice the NEW plate says Centennial 1912-2012, that will be removed after 2012 is up.

Also on the new plate they removed USA from it, the NM plate has always had USA on the plate, I guess after almost 100 years people are recognizing that NM is a state. I find it hard to believe that some people think that there is nothing inbetween TX and AZ.

new one

current plates-been around a long time

and the newer style balloon plate that is ugly that has been around for a shorter time

Old 09-07-2009, 01:37 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
It gets no better then this NJ plate:

Old 10-10-2009, 10:27 PM

134 posts, read 633,934 times
Illinois: Land of Lincoln

It seems very patriotic plus Abraham Lincoln was one of the best American Presidents in the history.

Worst: California and Delaware
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City