Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: LA rivals closely...
LA is on the level of NYC 32 26.02%
LA is in between SF and NYC level 60 48.78%
LA more closely rivals SF 31 25.20%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 08:18 AM

1,405 posts, read 2,452,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Lol @ this weak attempt at being an "objective" New Yorker.
Funny, I wasn't being an objective NYer this time, just stating facts. It's funny you think people would mention L.A in the same stance as NY. Get real. L.A is a nice city, I've been for a week (I'm not saying I'm an expert) but it is in no way, shape or form competing with NY in anything. I could be harsh but this response wasn't even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Funny, I thought Hollywood was a cultural wasteland. Isn't that what you sophisticates in Manhattan always say? Why are you so excited about the breadcrumbs Brooklyn is getting? Shouldn't you be upset?
In this post I wasn't saying what I personally felt. Yes, I do believe Hollywood ruined a lot of perceptions, isn't that why people have this repulsive feeling for your beloved city after-all? I was merely saying that NYC has the largest studio outside of Hollywood nothing more nothing less.

Lastly NYC is 5 Boroughs not just Manhattan. Why would I be mad at another borough? It's still the same city. The only people who get mad at other boroughs or just believes 'Manhattan' = NYC are completely delusional and I don't associate with people like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 08:28 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,882,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
What a laugh.

They didnt build anything.

Its the blood, sweat and tears of hard working, industrious Americans themsevles that built this nation.
Couldn't agree more. Sad thing is, who bailed them out? The blood, sweat and tears of hard working, industrious Americans that built this nation themselves.

That's besides the fact that a bailout is a joke of a solution to fix the problem to begin with.

Sorry for the sidebar everyone, now continue squabbling!

Old 10-04-2011, 09:06 AM

36,665 posts, read 67,579,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Couldn't agree more. Sad thing is, who bailed them out? The blood, sweat and tears of hard working, industrious Americans that built this nation themselves.
+1

100% True.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:31 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,713,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
I don't believe this question......... LA is slightly above SF and is two full tiers below NY.
Ignorace...

Old 10-04-2011, 10:01 AM

1,405 posts, read 2,452,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Ignorace...
You should watch what you type.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:52 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,872,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreetmafia View Post
Fact is, this isn't the 1970s. This day in age, New Yorkers couldn't give a crap about Los Angeles. Los Angeles is so done. Might as well save some pesos and move to Mexico City. Now that Los Angeles is slowly turning into the thirdworld...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreetmafia View Post
People in Los Angeles don't care about anything apparently, which is why the city is slowly turning into the thirdworld.
Every time you say Los Angeles is turning into the 3rd world you make your argument less and less valid and makes you look like you know absolutely nothing about LA.

I bet you think its all strip malls and subdivisions out here too huh?

Old 10-04-2011, 05:55 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,872,100 times
And to clarify, I voted that LA is in between SF and NY. LA is more in a league with Chicago, Houston and Philadelphia than New York. On a CSA level the Bay and SoCal are pretty comparable.

But believe it or not, there are some thing about LA that are better than NY.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:00 PM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,298,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Ignorace...
First, did you mean to type "ignorance"? I am just asking for clarification.

Second, how is what I stated wrong? Prove to me LA is on the level of NY for importance, show me any reputable source stating so. I have no trouble finding atleast three showing NY many tiers above LA/SF.

This is equal to asking if LA rivals London. We all know the answer to that question is NO!

Old 10-04-2011, 06:38 PM

37,189 posts, read 39,473,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub King View Post
The same financial sector that built this nation? You don't want to save it? Dang.
The financial sector built this nation the same way the agricultural, the manufacturing, the retail, the energy, the transportation, etc. sectors built this nation--they were a necessary part of it, but that goes without saying. The financial sector as a whole made huge missteps and that's screwed a lot of other sectors over.

I don't see much to hurrah about.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:47 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,568,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
The financial sector built this nation the same way the agricultural, the manufacturing, the retail, the energy, the transportation, etc. sectors built this nation--they were a necessary part of it, but that goes without saying. The financial sector as a whole made huge missteps and that's screwed a lot of other sectors over.

I don't see much to hurrah about.
If by "made huge missteps" you mean "committed theft on an historic scale", I agree entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City