Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Upper East Side vs Beverly Hills
Upper East Side 141 60.78%
Beverly Hills 91 39.22%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 02:08 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
the CLS is too small. Not enough leg room in the front.
I agree. Besides, you see Mercedes at every corner in Beverly Hills.

I think this would be much more appropriate, not to mention roomier, more comfortable and a smoother ride...

(Photo not under copyright.) Limousines go hand-in-hand in Beverly Hills!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 02:59 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:
the CLS is too small. Not enough leg room in the front.
Hm. I dunno, I'm 6'2, and didn't feel like I was want for space in the CLS... in the back, the sloping roof bothered me a bit, but I'd never spend much time back there so it's not a big deal to me. The S is bigger and their top-of-the-line sedan; I just like the look of the CLS... nice, svelte-looking thing... also, because I learned to drive on a track before I even got my license, I tend to err on the side of a tight bucket seat over a

Anyways... to my original point with my comparison: if you like the UES more than BH, that's fine. But these completely hamfisted comments about BH "being like an all you can eat buffet" are dumb in a league with saying that San Francisco's Union Square is filled with rastas and hippies groovin' to Bob Marley. Oh, wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
I agree. Besides, you see Mercedes at every corner in Beverly Hills.

I think this would be much more appropriate, not to mention roomier, more comfortable and a smoother ride...
... and I could find parts at a pullyard for less than the cost of a good pizza!

Old 10-20-2011, 03:50 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,956,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Hm. I dunno, I'm 6'2, and didn't feel like I was want for space in the CLS... in the back, the sloping roof bothered me a bit, but I'd never spend much time back there so it's not a big deal to me. The S is bigger and their top-of-the-line sedan; I just like the look of the CLS... nice, svelte-looking thing... also, because I learned to drive on a track before I even got my license, I tend to err on the side of a tight bucket seat over a

Anyways... to my original point with my comparison: if you like the UES more than BH, that's fine. But these completely hamfisted comments about BH "being like an all you can eat buffet" are dumb in a league with saying that San Francisco's Union Square is filled with rastas and hippies groovin' to Bob Marley. Oh, wait...

... and I could find parts at a pullyard for less than the cost of a good pizza!
Do you see any Bugatti Veyrons in Beverly Hills??

Old 10-20-2011, 04:20 AM

611 posts, read 1,600,204 times
Quote:
They are rare but seen around occasionally. Ferraris, Aston Martins, Lambos, Bentley, Maseratis, I see on a daily basis around beverly hills and west hollywood.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:21 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:
as our friend noted, occasionally. Ive seen probably 3 or 4 in my three months here, not counting the black and yellow one thats always in front of the Bijan store. Theyre actually kind of ugly, imho.

I do see Ferraris, Astons, Lambos, etc constantly. Theres a Ferrari dealer about four blocks from me... Last night, i passed by a McLaren SLR parked on the street... All manner of classic cars like Mustang fastbacks, Jags, etc as well.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:29 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,251,846 times
Quote:
Those cars are very rare for even NY or LA, the place where you have the highest chance to see them is Miami. In Miami I have seen maybe three or four Veyron's in the last four years which is saying a lot since you see Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Bentley's, Aston Martin's, Rolls Royce, Maserati's, etc practically every day. I am actually subscribed to their magazines and there the largest concentration of Veyron's are in the Miami area, followed in order by NY area, LA area, Houston area, Las Vegas area, Dallas area, and SF area. After those metros every other metro may have anywhere between one to three Veyron's but the aforementioned metros all have five or more. DC, Atlanta, and Chicago are almost there but only have two each in their metros

Old 10-20-2011, 04:13 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
as our friend noted, occasionally. Ive seen probably 3 or 4 in my three months here, not counting the black and yellow one thats always in front of the Bijan store. Theyre actually kind of ugly, imho.

I do see Ferraris, Astons, Lambos, etc constantly. Theres a Ferrari dealer about four blocks from me... Last night, i passed by a McLaren SLR parked on the street... All manner of classic cars like Mustang fastbacks, Jags, etc as well.
I've bicycled a few times in the Beverly Hills area. Parked my car near the intersection of Sunset Blvd/North Canon Dr/North Beverly Dr. and took my bicycle out of the car and bicycled in the area. A nice park at that intersection.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:47 PM

1,108 posts, read 2,285,804 times
Beverly Hills is a lot more urban than people think:

b- Google Maps

Old 05-23-2012, 06:19 PM

239 posts, read 509,132 times
I prefer Beverly Hills because of the architecture and it has more elbow room. I also like SoCal weather better.

UES is alright. It's upscale but not very interesting, very sleepy part of Manhattan. I actually like the UWS better. Beverly Hills seems to have more vibrancy than UES.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:37 PM

244 posts, read 592,593 times
They are both bullsh** places. I worked in Beverly Hills and it is humorous, just laughable 90% of the time...it's a joke put simply, nothing there worth your time unless you have a sense of humour, or you like all the balmy unauthentic "glamour". The UES definitely offers more on a cultural level than BH, and I would rather be stuck there anyday...but it equally bothers with its over-the-top pretentiousness and almost suburban-like mentality. Of course this may sound like I am just hating on posh areas in general...but personally I actually like many, however BH and the UES are just unimpressive and annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City