Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2022, 08:22 AM

1,676 posts, read 1,086,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Doubt it, but NYC is the obvious answer to the OP. I would also add in Miami, and also Atlanta (especially for African American celebrities).
I don't. If you're including in the definition of "Celebs" as anyone who is a celeb in their given field whether it's Media/TV people, actors, musicians, athletes, authors, billionaires, artists, chefs, on and on and on I will bet you NYC has a sizable amount more than Hollywood.

Also why do some people on here act like the News/Media industries have a huge presence in LA? The answer is they don't!

NYC is the Media mecca of the world whether it's for News, Sports, etc. Every network is HQ'd in NY, not LA. ABC, NBC, CBS, ESPN in NY wayyy before they ever showed up in LA.

There are so many members of the media that celebs in that field alone in NY probably outdo all celebs in LA in sheer numbers.

LA is for Hollywood elites, Reality TV "people" who make it big and go there because they're from anywhere USA, athletes and musicians which NYC also is. The difference is...NYC is sooo much more diverse in its Celeb elite by industry than LA.

NYC wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2022, 01:22 PM

1,122 posts, read 925,470 times
NYC
SF/Monterrey/SLO/Bay Area, etc

SD/ Orange Counties (La Jolla or Laguna Bch areas)
Palos Verdes (still LA barely, but feels like OC)
Santa Barbara

Greater Miami
Greater Salty Lakes: Sundance/ Park City/ Solitude area
Jackson Hole??
Sun Valley, ID

Toronto/Chicago?

Old 05-22-2022, 01:28 PM

4,212 posts, read 3,297,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odurandina View Post
NYC
SF/Monterrey/SLO/Bay Area, etc

Santa Barbara

Greater Miami
Jackson Hole??
Sun Valley, ID

Toronto/Chicago?
It's overwhelmingly New York City. The other cities rely on anecdotal (did you know so and so has a house in...etc) cases.

Old 05-22-2022, 01:46 PM

1,122 posts, read 925,470 times
Can i change my answer?
I forgot to put Jackson Hole way higher on the list. *What makes it even more egregious is i own land just outside of Jackson. LOL.

NYC
Santa Barbara, SF/Monterrey/SLO/Bay Area, etc
Aspen, CO, Jackson Hole
https://www.bustle.com/entertainment...n-hole-hotspot

other honorable mentions, anecdotals etc......

Old 05-22-2022, 01:51 PM

35 posts, read 21,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
It's overwhelmingly New York City. The other cities rely on anecdotal (did you know so and so has a house in...etc) cases.
I can't speak to the other cities/areas but this is not the case for Miami/Soflo. Not saying it's on the same level as LA/NYC but enough celebs live in the area for it not to be anecdotal that "so and so celebrity lives here" type of thing.

Old 05-22-2022, 02:08 PM

4,212 posts, read 3,297,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calipolo305 View Post
I can't speak to the other cities/areas but this is not the case for Miami/Soflo. Not saying it's on the same level as LA/NYC but enough celebs live in the area for it not to be anecdotal that "so and so celebrity lives here" type of thing.
New York City is the only other place that has the infrastructure for people to achieve and sustain celebrity status (Chicago had this at one point, not at that level, but at a level significantly higher than any other place).

Miami is a place to have another house, that's it.

Old 05-22-2022, 02:39 PM

35 posts, read 21,008 times
Quote:
New York City is the only other place that has the infrastructure for people to achieve and sustain celebrity status (Chicago had this at one point, not at that level, but at a level significantly higher than any other place).

In that sense I agree, NYC is definitely the only other place to sustain celebrity status on a scale similar to LA. I thought it was just a discussion of where celebs simply have second homes to live part time. So yes, I agree while Miami has many celebs who live there full time are part time it can't compete with LA/NYC in sustaining a "Hollywood" career. I do think Atlanta does have some of this, particularly for black celebs. Although not on the scale of LA/NYC to be sure.

Old 05-22-2022, 02:39 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
Miami is definitely a place where celebrities (pro sports, music, film, art, etc) reside and one will run into on a regular basis, whether one lives here full time or part time.

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/...cid=inline_amp

Many well off celebrities have multiple properties in different cities and don’t necessarily live in only one residence year round.

Those who reside in Miami for 6 months and 1 day get the benefit of no state income tax—which they do not get in NYC or LA..

Quote:

Last edited by elchevere; 05-22-2022 at 03:37 PM..

Old 05-22-2022, 04:05 PM

9,893 posts, read 6,595,852 times
Miami and NYC for celebrities

Austin and Nashville get a mention for podcasters and YouTubers

Old 05-22-2022, 04:14 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
LA, Miami and NYC are the big three.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City