Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
Toronto 160 53.87%
Atlanta 137 46.13%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 06:20 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
And Seattle is whooping on Atlanta. Double Standards.
You really need to be quiet.Your record on erroneous remarks are becoming almost as legendary as your buddies.That said Im not concerned about a poll on city data.The truth is Atlanta has more visitors than Seattle or Toronto.No matter how many reason you try give,numbers don't lie.Just give it up and drive to the worlds busiest airport and hop on a plane to wherever you can find your heaven.Why wallow in misery?

Old 12-28-2012, 01:25 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,133,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
You really need to be quiet.Your record on erroneous remarks are becoming almost as legendary as your buddies.That said Im not concerned about a poll on city data.The truth is Atlanta has more visitors than Seattle or Toronto.No matter how many reason you try give,numbers don't lie.Just give it up and drive to the worlds busiest airport and hop on a plane to wherever you can find your heaven.Why wallow in misery?
Why? Because you're glorifying that big suburb known as Atlanta? Because you're using double standards?

You use a poll from here saying SF is whooping on Toronto. Then turn around and say that you're not concerned about a poll on city data that has Seattle at a whopping 80%+ of the votes against Atlanta?

You're easily showing bias and you should never show that much bias when trying to create an argument. It's makes your argument more shallow and you begin to emit feelings into it. You can see now when you told me to be quiet. You now I'm right. You're using double standards because you are heavily biased.

So why don't you hush and stop using bias and your feelings in every single one of your arguments.

EDIT: I got 5 rep for that comment alone so obviously there are others who agree with me.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:26 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,712,349 times
Quote:
Why? Because you're glorifying that big suburb known as Atlanta? Because you're using double standards?

You use a poll from here saying SF is whooping on Toronto. Then turn around and say that you're not concerned about a poll on city data that has Seattle at a whopping 80%+ of the votes against Atlanta?

You're easily showing bias and you should never show that much bias when trying to create an argument. It's makes your argument more shallow and you begin to emit feelings into it. You can see now when you told me to be quiet. You now I'm right. You're using double standards because you are heavily biased.

So why don't you hush and stop using bias and your feelings in every single one of your arguments.

EDIT: I got 5 rep for that comment alone so obviously there are others who agree with me.
Rep given for this post.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:45 PM

484 posts, read 1,286,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Actually Toronto gets more visitors than Atlanta. This list is for the top 100 international city destinations. Toronto is #37, while Atlanta is not on the list.

Euromonitor International

The Forbes list that someone posted earlier was for domestic visitors only, and it's only logical for Atlanta to have way more domestic visitors than Toronto.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjun18 View Post
Rep given for this post.
Surprise there!!

Old 12-28-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Fruit View Post
Actually Toronto gets more visitors than Atlanta. This list is for the top 100 international city destinations. Toronto is #37, while Atlanta is not on the list.

Euromonitor International

The Forbes list that someone posted earlier was for domestic visitors only, and it's only logical for Atlanta to have way more domestic visitors than Toronto.
Like its also logical Toronto will get more international visitors by a long shot.Its only 4hrs from Detroit by car.Did you know that around 60% of international travelers to Canada come from the U.S.?
It just makes sense.Seatle has more traffic than D.C.Why?It 2 hrs from the boader of Canada.Its also close to the Pacifc Rim counties.Hence the strong traditional Asian population.Vancouver is also on the list.Both get more than D.C.This is ALL international travel.By car or even by short fights and by ships into Miami from the Cariebean.

Toronto would still have as many international visitors even if it were not that close to the border becuase of its stature as Canada's premier city of commerce.

Last edited by afonega1; 12-28-2012 at 10:18 PM..

Old 12-28-2012, 11:48 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,910,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjun18 View Post
Rep given for this post.
Someone always needs a good cheerleader sis boom bah

Old 12-29-2012, 12:46 AM

3,332 posts, read 3,694,974 times
Quote:

REP for above from me as well. I don't understand this comparison, Toronto overall blows Atlanta as a city.

Ive lived in Atlanta in Midtown... worst city amongst the cities ive lived in ( Dc, NYC, Chicago, SF). I have to state where in Atlanta because afonega will say I lived in the burbs and I have to state what cities I lived because agonega will say I'm haven't travelled enough.

atlanta is like tysons corner, bellevue, San Mateo, and evanston (all very nice urban suburbs) put together to make a city.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:55 AM

716 posts, read 1,237,324 times
Only reason to live in atl is decent weather and cheap living. atlanta's a hell hole because of its crime, toronto's a hell hole because of the cost of living and weather.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:16 AM

Yes it looks just like Tyson Corner as we all can see.Thank You for your input,You are clearly a valued member as what you say is so right on point!!I guess its true,you obviously HAVE lived all over Atlanta!!(I feel a need to tell you that was called sarcasm.I figured you cant tell the difference between a suburb abd a major city,you needed me to explain that too.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Atlanta_downtown1.jpg
Views:	4552
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	105382

Name:	Fairlie%20Poplar%20District.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	105385

Name:	flatiron.jpg
Views:	836
Size:	371.7 KB
ID:	105386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
REP for above from me as well. I don't understand this comparison, Toronto overall blows Atlanta as a city.

Ive lived in Atlanta in Midtown... worst city amongst the cities ive lived in ( Dc, NYC, Chicago, SF). I have to state where in Atlanta because afonega will say I lived in the burbs and I have to state what cities I lived because agonega will say I'm haven't travelled enough.

atlanta is like tysons corner, bellevue, San Mateo, and evanston (all very nice urban suburbs) put together to make a city.
Let us analize why I reply to you guys the way I do.
I have never replied to anyone for clearly not liking any place>I just don't care if you do or don't.What I do care about is when lies,over exaggerations and rantings of people making insultng comments to simply to make themselves look better by trashing what CLEARLY the vast majority of people that DO move here do like it.

I gave opinions about Toronto based on MY viewpoints on the THINGS I like.I did not ,nor ever I will bash Toronto.In fact the ONLY city I have realy evr bashed is CAMDEN,NJ.

I have been a cheerleader for Detroit even BEFORE the current activity with the auto industry.

That said you just make statement just like ANT1531 because you NEED to be heard.You don;t wanna be right,just HEARD.Anybody that calls ALL of Atlanta Tysons Corner,or Evanston,IL is clearly trolling.This is suppose to be a forum.NOT a pulpit for you guy "Feelings" of rejection and need to be validated.NOTHING that some of you state as fact are grounded in REALITY.Your opinions are also suspect.
Attached Thumbnails
Greater downtown Toronto vs. Greater downtown Atlanta-10601821-millenium-gate-triumphal-arch-atlantic   Greater downtown Toronto vs. Greater downtown Atlanta-bkhd.jpg  

Last edited by afonega1; 12-29-2012 at 06:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City