Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:54 PM

157 posts, read 165,500 times

Advertisements

I like Phoenix for hot women in Temp and Scottsdale as well as in smaller cases, Downtown Phoenix. Dt. Phoenix is dead, but it has a really cool Deuce's Bar/Boxing place with tasty ice cream sodas. Plenty of cool people there and you also have Alice Cooper's restaurant. I like Bianca's Pizza downtown. However, Denver kills Phoenix because of its vibrant and happening downtown! I got to go with Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 04:13 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,676,840 times
Denver

Old 02-24-2012, 10:22 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
I never understood why people say that Phoenix doesn't match up for a city is size. Someone care to explain?

Old 02-24-2012, 11:14 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
It isn't a challenge and it has been done plenty of times in the past as some of us have been members here for quite some time. You and I both have participated in conversations where Phoenicians and others have articulated in length the positive attributes of the city. What is annoying is when someone can talk up about the city they live in without putting another city down and STILL be accused of being a homer. I really don't care if someone doesn't like the city I live in; however, it truly annoys me to no end when people who talk smack about the cities they do not (and have not) lived in act as though they understand these cities better than the actual residents do.
Honestly I've never seen it done on C-D. Not once have I seen somebody go into length and detail on the positive aspects of Phoenix. Sure I've seen perhaps a paragraph or so on say good Mexican food. I've jumped in and inquired but have only gotten half hearted responses. The best way to negate all the smack talkers is with positive articulation instead of defensive responses. Tell them something they actually don't know.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:45 PM

649 posts, read 1,132,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I never understood why people say that Phoenix doesn't match up for a city is size. Someone care to explain?
its more sprawling than older Northeastern cities, some people don't like that

Old 02-25-2012, 07:42 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,772,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Honestly I've never seen it done on C-D. Not once have I seen somebody go into length and detail on the positive aspects of Phoenix. Sure I've seen perhaps a paragraph or so on say good Mexican food. I've jumped in and inquired but have only gotten half hearted responses. The best way to negate all the smack talkers is with positive articulation instead of defensive responses. Tell them something they actually don't know.
I'm still waiting, too!

Old 02-25-2012, 09:48 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,019,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
You're kidding, right? Denver is much more isolated than Phoenix is.
I big pro for me is Phoenix's close proximity to Los Angeles. You can get in your car in the morning and be in LA by late afternoon. In fact other then San Diego, Phoenix is the closest major city to LA. One of the guys in the Phoenix forum says it even looks and feels a little like LA there.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:11 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Denver is more isolated from larger cities. But Colorado Springs isn't very far away. Only 600,000+, but its still a sizable city.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:24 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,997,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Denver is more isolated from larger cities. But Colorado Springs isn't very far away. Only 600,000+, but its still a sizable city.
Colorado Springs' size is not what makes or breaks it as a destination. It's the location. There is an incredible amount of stuff to do in the city that makes it a worthy trip, even for people who live in Denver and are used to the bigger city amenities. Most of the attractions involve outdoor activity, such as Helen Hunt Falls, Seven Falls, and Garden of the Gods. Cave of the Winds and Pike's Peak are also worthwhile destinations.

Colorado Springs is a great mid-tier city in its own right, though it will never fully get the credit it deserves due to its close proximity to Denver. I wonder if there is a similar dynamic between Tucson and Phoenix? Maybe some of the AZ folks can confirm or deny my question.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:32 PM

8,609 posts, read 10,140,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wag more bark less View Post
I'm still waiting, too!
As I mentioned to Caphillsea77 offline, do your due diligence and use your resources here. There have been plenty of posters who have posted positive attributes about Phoenix. If you you're expecting a thread solely based on Phoenix alone, look in the Phoenix forum. I stopped posted pro-Phoenix threads in the City Vs City section quite awhile back when I was accused of being a homer. As far as telling smack talkers something they actually don't know, it's been done. I've spoken about just about everything from the history of the area to the economy, resorts/tourism, beautiful sunsets, shopping, nightlife, water usage, job market, architecture, weather, politics, sporting events, vegetation, proximity to other locations, transportation, infill, etc...the good AND the bad. Despite this, some people will form their own opinions based on hearsay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City