Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2012, 10:20 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,326 times

Advertisements

LOL @ 18Montclair trying to diminish New Jersey's quality of life based simply on size.

With that said; I have absolutely no desire to defend New York or Pennsylvania in this thread. Absolutely none.
NJ is not your friend when it's convenient for you. Stop drawing us into your quest for egotistical self gratification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 10:54 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,896,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
In other words, you have no response.

I knew that already-its what you guys always do. What else is new?
NO it's YOU who knew Nuthin mate.... It's plainly in your face if you can read.. You had no response to the chadder you wrote and could not backup.

Have a nice night.., really. I'm just busting your chops relax son, there's much more to life (At least in mine) than these forums.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:00 PM

814 posts, read 1,474,767 times
Quote:
Coming from CA, NJ is small. That's life.

Irvine and the other CA cities I mentioned are a veritable paradise for people looking to have excellent schools, low crime, big new homes, fantastic weather and lots of amenities.

You are incorrectly using the word 'urbanity' as the true definition of that word has ZERO to do with crowded east coast tenements. Sometimes the grit-glorifiers who infest every thread with their anti-nice agenda, perenially trying to downplay what most Americans actually want, need to get a grip.

Ive already admitted that the Northeast has a vastly greater number of better tiny villages and little hamlets-that's their strength.

California on the other hand, just whallops NJ-NY-PA when it comes to high quality cities with 100,000+ people.
Yeah. Hey every American, lets move to Irvine, California. It is a big suburb of Los Angeles, that likes to call itself a city. Hey it has excellent schools (so do most suburbs and even some cities), low crime (so do most suburbs and even some cities), big new houses (that will fall apart in 20 years and cost more than they should), fantastic weather (preference really but some people like if there is more rain and a lot of people like 4 seasons), and lots of amenities (probably as much as any suburb and far less than a real city).
Pretty much every suburb and a good amount of cities in America have what you described except maybe fantastic weather (its preference really). But yes, you are right these are the reasons people move to the suburbs.
My definition of urbanity was nice old houses that have yards with a somewhat density where you could walk to places. And dont try and act like Irvine is some urban oasis.
And get over the stupid irrelevant thing you keep on saying about California having more "high quality cities with 100,000+ people". New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania still have more people who have a high quality of living.
You are ridiculos. God forbid any other state beat California at something or else you will have to go on a rapage proving that California is the best.
And if Irvine is a "veritable paradise", why dont you move there.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:02 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,150,335 times
NY and NJ are already apart from PA.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:16 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
LOL @ 18Montclair trying to diminish New Jersey's quality of life based simply on size.
What does quality of life have to do with size? NJ is a tiny place compared to California--that is a fact of life that you will all just have to deal with.

Quote:
Stop drawing us into your quest for egotistical self gratification.
Indeed.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJacc View Post
NO it's YOU who knew Nuthin mate.... It's plainly in your face if you can read.. You had no response to the chadder you wrote and could not backup.
I wonder if you think repeating the same thing over and over again will it make it true?

I would probably do the same thing if I only had Paterson and Reading to work with.

Quote:
there's much more to life (At least in mine)
Probably not true.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo_1 View Post
Yeah. Hey every American, lets move to Irvine, California. It is a big suburb of Los Angeles, that likes to call itself a city. Hey it has excellent schools (so do most suburbs and even some cities), low crime (so do most suburbs and even some cities), big new houses (that will fall apart in 20 years and cost more than they should), fantastic weather (preference really but some people like if there is more rain and a lot of people like 4 seasons), and lots of amenities (probably as much as any suburb and far less than a real city).
Pretty much every suburb and a good amount of cities in America have what you described except maybe fantastic weather (its preference really). But yes, you are right these are the reasons people move to the suburbs.
My definition of urbanity was nice old houses that have yards with a somewhat density where you could walk to places. And dont try and act like Irvine is some urban oasis.
And get over the stupid irrelevant thing you keep on saying about California having more "high quality cities with 100,000+ people". New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania still have more people who have a high quality of living.
You are ridiculos. God forbid any other state beat California at something or else you will have to go on a rapage proving that California is the best.
And if Irvine is a "veritable paradise", why dont you move there.
Yawn

And so the answer is, California has more cities with 100,000+ people that are desirable, have great schools, low crime and excellent quality of life than NJ/NY/PA.

Period. End of Story.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
What does quality of life have to do with size? NJ is a tiny place compared to California--that is a fact of life that you will all just have to deal with.
I'm dealing with that fact of life perfectly well.
You still didn't address my point though.................. What does size have to do with quality of life?

Old 03-25-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Yawn

And so the answer is, California has more cities with 100,000+ people that are desirable, have great schools, low crime and excellent quality of life than NJ/NY/PA.

Period. End of Story.
Your premise is one of semantics. A city of 100k or 3 towns of 33.3k right next to each other. What does that have to do with quality of life? Again, you're deflecting through semantics.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:38 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,896,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
I'm dealing with that fact of life perfectly well.
You still didn't address my point though.................. What does size have to do with quality of life?
He doesn't know.....Don't waste any more energy dealing with Felix Unger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City