Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2012, 11:40 PM

814 posts, read 1,475,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yawn

And so the answer is, California has more cities with 100,000+ people that are desirable, have great schools, low crime and excellent quality of life than NJ/NY/PA.

Period. End of Story.
Yawn, I know it is getting late. I probably feel the same way.
But that still means nothing. End of story
You are the Hitler of California. Promote the California race and destroy all others. You are a nationalist except instead of it being a country it is a state. Maybe you should get together a California army and invade every where else and conquer. Arnold Schwarzenegger could be your top commander since he is from the same country as Hitler and also lives in California. Maybe kill millions of people along the way but who cares they are not apart of the California race, they are just inferior people.
Im probably giving you too much credit, you would probably never leave your bubble in California to invade other areas.

Yawn, oh look there I am yawning your right(for once) Im getting tired too.
End of story becuase ill probably be dead in a couple weeks from little Hitler(maybe even big Hitler depending on how succesful you are).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 01:27 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,371,920 times
Wow, a lot of people going off the deep end here. The Bay Area booster going OCD without getting to the essence of anything and the response is a comparison to Hitler.

Looks like this thread's getting locked.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:39 AM

78 posts, read 157,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo_1 View Post
You are the Hitler of California. Promote the California race and destroy all others. You are a nationalist except instead of it being a country it is a state. Maybe you should get together a California army and invade every where else and conquer. Arnold Schwarzenegger could be your top commander since he is from the same country as Hitler and also lives in California. Maybe kill millions of people along the way but who cares they are not apart of the California race, they are just inferior people.
Im probably giving you too much credit, you would probably never leave your bubble in California to invade other areas.

End of story becuase ill probably be dead in a couple weeks from little Hitler(maybe even big Hitler depending on how succesful you are).

Holy sh-....

Old 03-26-2012, 07:05 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,499,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo_1 View Post

This nonsensical diatribe(which doesnt phase me one iota btw) because its easier to call someone Hitler than to admit that California has better cities in the 100,000+ range.

And I get accused of having OCD? hahaha...I think Hitler probably had OCD too.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:05 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,960,101 times
Keep working that 100k angle; even though it has very little to do with quality of life overall. Should your current quality of life be dismissed because you live in/on Stinson Beach? Certainly not a municipality of 100k.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:20 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,499,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Keep working that 100k angle; even though it has very little to do with quality of life overall. Should your current quality of life be dismissed because you live in/on Stinson Beach? Certainly not a municipality of 100k.
Ive already conceded now 3 TIMES that the NE has better villages, hamlets and small towns.

Why is it so difficult for you guys to concede that California in fact does have much higher quality cities with 100,000+ persons?

Hubris perhaps?

Its hilarious.

And Stinson Beach is not where I live. Why does it always have to devolve into witchunts about other forumer's personal business? That has zero to do with this thread.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:30 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,906,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yawn

And so the answer is, California has more cities with 100,000+ people that are desirable, have great schools, low crime and excellent quality of life than NJ/NY/PA.

Period. End of Story.
Once again it is Montclair CA lovefest. Lets find a metric and pontioficate on the greatness. But CA must be better there are larger municipalities with a higher indeces compared to Patterson and Reading; lovely you do realize the burbs here are tiny municipalities with great QOL in CA there are large suburbas like Irvine; wow am so impressed.

So CA has better larger land area suburbs (they basically dont exist in that size) and th EC "wallops" to use your words in classic american small towns with exceptional QOL; why is CA so bad and so far outnumbered in this regard; well just as silly an argument but you will never get that and are typically too busy in your Cali lovefest to remove any of the delsuion you are so quick to project. Quite humorous really.

You do apply reality when evaluating data and the ties to the real world when it is in Calis best interest; just fail to see reality when it is the opposite.

Most days I love CA; then I read your posts

Old 03-26-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Your premise is one of semantics. A city of 100k or 3 towns of 33.3k right next to each other. What does that have to do with quality of life? Again, you're deflecting through semantics.

Agreed and the small town comment in reality the functional way people is the same whether it is 5 towns or all considered one town because of larger borders.

Irvine is like living in Livingston etc. Functionally there is no difference and fail to see the relevance of the point even though academically true, in functional reality it makes no difference in ability to experience a good QOL

Old 03-26-2012, 09:14 AM

This may be interesting as well

By county Median Income

Looks like the NE is awful Monclair

Or is County too large; should we only focus on 100K+ city municipalities (Maybe this map is why the cal NJ the garden state)

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2379$sx1800$s and weights 948$sKB.

Last edited by kidphilly; 03-26-2012 at 09:33 AM..

Old 03-26-2012, 09:31 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,242,409 times
I think we are talking past each other.

Maybe Monty is right about California and the cities.

I am not talking about suburban cities like Irvine, as myself and others have said we organize our communities differently here. But I am talking about cities which are outside of the orbit of NYC, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, San Diego, Pittsburgh and Buffalo. Some of our more distant cities, Rochester, Syracuse and Scranton for instance, have problems and have seen better days. What I do not know is what CA cities such as Sacramento, Stockton and Bakersfield are like to compare. Do they also have problems?

I do agree with Monty about the 3 NE states and the small town and villages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City