Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city would you prefer ? Dallas or San Diego ?
Dallas 106 32.72%
San Diego 210 64.81%
It's a Tie! 8 2.47%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 03:03 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,789,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
San Diego isn't probably a paradise.
But it is definitely one of the world most beautiful cities.
Dallas is the waiting room for the Hell... as Las Vegas, Houston, Phoenix, Atlanta and almost every cities in the Sun Belt/Bible Belt.
Honestly, I think I would prefer living in Baghdad.
Such cities represent the worst of the worst of the worst of USA.
So I live in Hell I suppose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 04:46 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,888,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Crime/Safety: I dont know

Better Vibe: San Diego

The one you choose: They both have strengths that I like very much but I think I would prefer San Diego.
San Diego's crime rate is about 1/2 of Dallas', it is one of the safest large cities in the country.

Lots of friendly folks and great shopping in Dallas, more expensive housing in SD- other than that this is easy-
Mine!

Old 04-21-2012, 04:50 PM

1,780 posts, read 4,024,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
San Diego isn't probably a paradise.
But it is definitely one of the world most beautiful cities.
Dallas is the waiting room for the Hell... as Las Vegas, Houston, Phoenix, Atlanta and almost every cities in the Sun Belt/Bible Belt.
Honestly, I think I would prefer living in Baghdad.
Such cities represent the worst of the worst of the worst of USA.
So according to you about 1/3rd of USA is hell?

Old 04-21-2012, 05:10 PM

239 posts, read 509,113 times
Brutal but honest, San Diego is better than any city in Texas other than the economy, shopping, and some arts. Maybe Houston can beat San Diego in terms of multiculturalism but nothing else other than what I mentioned.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:14 PM

157 posts, read 316,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCNNY View Post
Brutal but honest, San Diego is better than any city in Texas other than the economy, shopping, and some arts. Maybe Houston can beat San Diego in terms of multiculturalism but nothing else other than what I mentioned.
Of course you are correct. Dallas is a Alpha- city according ro GAWC in ranking of World Cities. San Diego was Beta-. GAWC ranks world cities on various issues so clearly you are more well informed.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:16 PM

157 posts, read 316,681 times
Default GAWC link

GaWC - The World According to GaWC 2010

Old 04-21-2012, 08:48 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,893,205 times
Only two pages in and it's already a "sh*t on Texas" thread.

Good job.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:11 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,931,774 times
Dallas. Because too many people are ****ting on Texas

Old 04-21-2012, 09:52 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,730,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCNNY View Post
Dallas can easily go toe to toe with San Diego on multiculturalism and in my opinion it's pretty even. San Diego has more East Asian concentration, but Dallas has more African Americans, South Asians, and a more diverse selection of Latinos. Diversity is the one area where it's a tie or even slight edge to Dallas.

Dallas wins on economy, importance, and shopping.

San Diego wins on climate, beauty, things to do outdoors, walkability, and nightlife.

Multiculturalism, food, and the arts would be a tie.

I fully expect San Diego to blow Dallas out of the water on this poll. That's what happens when you put a city data darling up against one of the most hated cities in city data. Plus San Diego is debatably the best received and perceived city in the US while Dallas is one of the most stereotyped and typecasted.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:47 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,594,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asubram3 View Post
So according to you about 1/3rd of USA is hell?
I don't like the Bible Belt/Sun Belt at all.
Bible Belt/Sun Belt cities are among the worst places I have ever seen in my life.
They are worse than ugly: they are bland, soul-less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City