Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2012, 08:09 AM

84 posts, read 177,981 times

Advertisements

I am debating on either going to Charleston Sc for a week or Williamsburg, VA. I need to make sure that either city (and surrounding area) has enough to do to fill a week. I like hiking, swimming, museums, wildlife and historical sites. I originally posted this question in the Charleston forum for just that city but I just can't decide if that area of Virginia would have more to do. If you had to decide which one would you say has more to offer for a week vacation? Thanks for all replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 08:31 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaolive3 View Post
I am debating on either going to Charleston Sc for a week or Williamsburg, VA. I need to make sure that either city (and surrounding area) has enough to do to fill a week. I like hiking, swimming, museums, wildlife and historical sites. I originally posted this question in the Charleston forum for just that city but I just can't decide if that area of Virginia would have more to do. If you had to decide which one would you say has more to offer for a week vacation? Thanks for all replies.
Williamsburgh, Virginia is part of the Historic Triangle America’s Historic Triangle – the Birthplace of American Democracy that for history lovers is hard to beat. This includes Yorktown battlefield (and Yortktown itself is nice), early 1600s era Jamestown and of course Colonial Williamsburgh. Nearby are the James River plantations List of Sites--James River Plantations: A National Register of Historic Places Travel Itinerary which are numerous historic homes along the river.

To the west of Williamsburgh is the Richmond and Petersburg, which have numerous Civil War sites and museums. And very close to the southeast of Williamsburgh, is the Norfolk-Virginia Beach area. In Williamsburgh is Busch Gardens (Europe) and a pretty decent water park; Water Country USA.

Charleston is also an excellent city for its history & architecture and is highly recommended. And South Carolina is one of our most historic states but nobody beats Virginia in this category.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:24 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
If you're looking at the last week in May/first week in June, Charleston will be REALLY hard to beat:

Spoleto Festival USA 2012 » Home

Old 05-05-2012, 12:41 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,216,052 times
Charlestown south carolina

Old 05-06-2012, 08:24 AM

1,462 posts, read 2,959,878 times
charleston. duh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City