Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which region is better?
Pacific Northwest 50 70.42%
Deep South 21 29.58%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 02:08 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello Is Here View Post
No Im going by the title of the thread.You just making random remarks to build your case and it really has nothing to do with the lives of most people in the region.

Sure its a problem.No doubt but what does that have to do with you or me?Ived lived here most of my life but I do well.How does that effect the lives of the thousands of more people that move to the South than the PNW?It doesnt. Other wise these states would not have so many people moving to them.

So thats my point of popuation. People aint leaving in droves so whats you stupid point about HR Index?You have none oher than to show the problem side of a region which is more populated overall than the PNW.

Id rather talk about somethng actually relevant to large number of people.Hate Crimes.Why does the PNW have the highest numbers?Im African American but this would not stop me from moving to the PNW if I wanted to. Darker color are here crimes are highest

What does the Human Rights Index say about that?Or is this a small matter for their ranking system?
What case am I building exactly? AGAIN I was just simply stating some facts. If you don't like the facts and think they are irrelevant that's fine, just move on then.

AGAIN I don't care if people move to the South or don't or the reasons they do, why do you keep bringing this up to me? People moving there isn't going to stop me from stating some facts about the region.

Ok then find someone to discuss hate crimes with.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:22 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,175,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Ok well tell the United Nations, scholars, and researchers that. I'm sure they care what some uneducated Floridian thinks.

Of course you have to use "combined" figures rather than per capita. Gotta aggregate all those poor people to make yourself look big and important! lol
Haha he doesn't like GDP figures though he generalized and wrote 'Southern states' are the least developed. Even FL by itself has a higher GDP than OR, WA, ID combined. Get a clue.. least developed my..

Again, only an idiot would think Cuba has a higher HDI than any US state..sorry not just an idiot, perhaps an uneducated Califronian idiot believing everything the UN says.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Haha he doesn't like GDP figures though he generalized and wrote 'Southern states' are the least developed. Even FL by itself has a higher GDP than OR, WA, ID combined. Get a clue.. least developed my..

Again, only an idiot would think Cuba has a higher HDI than any US state..sorry not just an idiot, perhaps an uneducated Califronian idiot believing everything the UN says.
Mexico has a higher GDP than Florida, so I guess its more developed according to your logic! Higher GDP = more developed, that's what you're saying right?

I put more weight into a study based off facts and statistics than the ranting's of someone from FloriDUH.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:32 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,399,177 times
We probably should get back to which has better cities and scenery, PNW or 'Deep South'.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:40 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,859,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I believe that 'Deep South' on this forum is used as a pejorative to imply backward and racist.

What do you see as the big difference b/t SC and NC? I'm familiar with both states and don't see a difference outside of two bigger metroes with more traffic.

I took history classes in SC schools and the teachers never called SC the 'Deep South'.

I'm for ending the use of 'Deep South' altogether. I prefer Southeast, Florida, and Gulf States for the states we have been discussing.

AL and MS and LA are in Central Time zone but yet people want to classify SC with them vs NC and VA. Makes no sense.

To me, one definition of 'Deep South' is southern areas away from the Applachian mountains. SC has Applachian Mountains, the Blue Ridge.
Now you're defining the Deep South by time zones. Time zones have no effect on culture, demographics, etc. South Carolina has more in common with Georgia than North Carolina. North Carolina is the Upper South. South Carolina isn't. You sound more ridiculous the more you talk. I suggest you stop living in denial and accept the truth.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Mexico has a higher GDP than Florida, so I guess its more developed according to your logic!

I put more weight into a study based off facts and statistics than the ranting's of someone from FloriDUH.
And with your logic Qatar, Brunei, Kuwait (in the link u posted) have a higher per capita than Califronia or the US. So they must be more developed, right?

You said the entire South is less developed and showed us a useless list stating Cuba has a higher HDI than many US states. That's plain stupid.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:44 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,076 times
man, there's like 4 different debates / user-battles going on here...

Old 05-19-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
And with your logic Qatar, Brunei, Kuwait (in the link u posted) have a higher per capita than Califronia or the US. So they must be more developed, right?

You said the entire South is less developed and showed us a useless list stating Cuba has a higher HDI than many US states. That's plain stupid.
I never equated a higher GDP to being more developed, you did. So Mexico is more developed than Florida right? Since you think a higher GDP means its more developed.

Qatar, Brunei, Kuwait have a higher per capita what than CA? I never posted any link with GDP.

Old 05-19-2016, 03:01 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,281,898 times
Just to backtrack a bit, forests and woods in the South are not brown in the winter. Or anywhere close.

Old 05-19-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
I never equated a higher GDP to being more developed, you did. So Mexico is more developed than Florida right? Since you think a higher GDP means its more developed.

Qatar, Brunei, Kuwait have a higher per capita what? I never posted any link with GDP.
No you equated a higher HDI and per capita to being more developed. So I showed you the other side of the coin, GDP(which is high in some Southern states) You posted a meaningless link showing Cuba, as well as a bunch of welfare/almost bankrupt countries in EU, as having higher HDI than the US South.

To counteract your logic, I wrote.. "Qatar, Brunei, Kuwait (shown with a higher HDI than many US states in the link u posted) , also have a higher per capita than Califronia or the US as a whole." Therefore, again with your logic, we must conclude that these countries are more developed than the US or even CA.

US per Capita $55K, .. Qatar $132K, Brunei $79K etc..etc.. The US must be a 3rd world country compared to them(again with your logic). Still no clue?

Bottom line is, don't put down any state/region.. they all belong to the same country, US of A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City