Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Premier US city without NYC
Washington, DC 38 8.00%
Boston 19 4.00%
Philadelphia 73 15.37%
Chicago 179 37.68%
Los Angeles 142 29.89%
San Francisco 24 5.05%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 02:43 PM

313 posts, read 355,810 times

Advertisements

Summers knows what he/she is talking about.

scrantix, nobody cares about style points. Philly has a considerably larger GDP than SF.

I guess Tokyo's GDP, both being the largest in the world, is unimpressive then when compared to other cities. If you were to argue that, you should have your keyboard confiscated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 02:44 PM

8,701 posts, read 14,746,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
k.

Where is Barney's New York? You realize every store I listed I am going to go through and ask you about all their locations one by one. I want to see how honest you really are.
There is a Barney's Co-op in Rittenhouse Square along Rittenhouse Row (Walnut Street)

Old 07-15-2012, 02:45 PM

2,342 posts, read 4,002,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceisforAce View Post
Most of Philly probably goes to North Philly as much as you do, and you live in the Bay Area.

How often do Northsiders go to Southside Chicago? How often do you go to Oakland? You know, that bright spot a half hour from you?
I spend at least 3 days in Oakland from my week. My sister's kids have a swim meet and swimming competition there and I always find time to go out there and see them. I love Oakland and its one of my favorite cities in the whole world.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
This is all crime. Do you have an index for just murders since that's what I have been arguing all along. Murder and rape are generally the worst crimes IMO and I only look at that. Car burglary and break ins and robberies are bad but at least no one dies.

So you were comparing metros on all crime when I was only talking about murders. Gotcha.

Well murder and rape are the only crimes I care for in a city. Why do you think I have said "gunned down" a million times? It's the only crime I have any care about following because that determines whether I live or die and as you mentioned Phily's murders are on the rise.

Youre an idiot. The likelihood of you having something stolen or being mugged is 10x what it would be if you were murdered. Dont give us this BS about you not caring.

That has to be the most ridiculous **** ive read on here, which is a common theme regarding your posts.

Quote:
Summers knows what he/she is talking about.

scrantix, nobody cares about style points. Philly has a considerably larger GDP than SF.

I guess Tokyo's GDP, both being the largest in the world, is unimpressive then when compared to other cities. If you were to argue that, you should have your keyboard confiscated.
Then you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. I think it speaks on how rich an area is when it has 1.6M less and its GDP is only $20 away. Then give that same place 1M more than Phily and it really pulls ahead by $180B in GDP.

That's monumental. If you don't think so then I apologize to your mother for your low standards.

8,701 posts, read 14,746,753 times
Quote:
k.

Where is Barney's New York? You realize every store I listed I am going to go through and ask you about all their locations one by one. I want to see how honest you really are.

Look at this summers.

Philadelphia–Camden–Wilmington, PA–NJ–DE–MD MSA 5,992,414
Boston–Cambridge–Quincy, MA–NH MSA 4,591,112
San Francisco–Oakland–Fremont, CA MSA 4,391,037

See the size difference? Now lets see where the magic pen leaves us!

Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD $346B
Boston-Cambridge-Quincy, MA-NH MSA $313B
San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA Metro Area $325B

LOOK AT THAT! Even I underestimated the superiority of San Francisco!!! With 1.6M less people it ONLY has a GDP smaller than Phily by $20B. San Jose metro is 1.7M people with a GDP of $170B!!!! With 1.5M more people than Boston, Phily's GDP lead is poor.

Yes.

Just wait another 2 years, San Francisco metro by itself will surpass Phily's GDP with 1.6M less people!

Yes I do because the GDP with 1M more is almost $180B more than Phily CSA. Allow me.

San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA CSA $544B
Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland, PA-NJ-DE-MD CSA $366B

San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA CSA 7,563,460
Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland, PA-NJ-DE-MD CSA 6,562,287

News Release: GDP by Metropolitan Area, Advance 2010, and Revised 2007–2009

STOMPED!!
Never denied that the Bay Area... which is what... 3? 4 different metros?... had a larger GDP than Delaware Valley... I would assume the Bay Area which is 3 or 4 different metros would have a higher GDP than Philly which is one metro.

But the Philly MSA has a larger GDP than the San Fran metro.... so that's all that really matters

Old 07-15-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Youre an idiot. The likelihood of you having something stolen or being mugged is 10x what it would be if you were murdered. Dont give us this BS about you not caring.

That has to be the most ridiculous **** ive read on here, which is a common theme regarding your posts.
If a robber with a gun asked me for my wallet, I would give it to him and step back knowing I lived today.

If a murderer shot me, I would either die or be close to it. The difference is in this situation you have no control of living or not, it just happens. This is the scariest thing about crime, if you're walking in a neighborhood you have to always use caution knowing this might be your last night. This is the problem with high crime cities, even their good areas scare you because of their notorious crime reputations.

Your reply is one of the most dumbest things I have ever heard of. Would you rather lose your money or die for no reason? I would give up my wallet 10 of those 10 times if it meant living to see my family another day. Phily's murder is out of control.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I spend at least 3 days in Oakland from my week. My sister's kids have a swim meet and swimming competition there and I always find time to go out there and see them. I love Oakland and its one of my favorite cities in the whole world.

We've Got A List Of The 100 WORST NEIGHBORHOODS . . . WHO KNEW They Were Gettin It Poppin Like That In CHESTER PA And NEWBUGH NY!!! - MediaTakeOut.com™ 2012

Oakland is 18th.

Philly is 52nd.

Oakland's murder rate was worse than Philly's last year.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:52 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,775,704 times
Quote:
No the joke is your dump city. Its just a more historic Detroit.
Have you ever been to Detroit?

Old 07-15-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
If a robber with a gun asked me for my wallet, I would give it to him and step back knowing I lived today.

If a murderer shot me, I would either die or be close to it. The difference is in this situation you have no control of living or not, it just happens. This is the scariest thing about crime, if you're walking in a neighborhood you have to always use caution knowing this might be your last night. This is the problem with high crime cities, even their good areas scare you because of their notorious crime reputations.

Your reply is one of the most dumbest things I have ever heard of. Would you rather lose your money or die for no reason? I would give up my wallet 10 of those 10 times if it meant living to see my family another day. Phily's murder is out of control.

Its like saying id rather live in 15 degree weather than 5...

Youre more likely to be beaten and mugged probably 100 fold, than murdered. Id be more concerned with the frequency of muggings than murders since the former is more realistic, and likely to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City