Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 02:15 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,671,381 times

Advertisements

America's 10 Best Burgers, According To National Geographic - Gallery - The Huffington Post
L.A ranked number # 1 when it comes to burgers,,no surprise but it goes to show that the biggest cities rank high on every list......and not to hate on nyc but when i visit i make sure the people wear plastic gloves.....new york can really be a filthy city in some areas dirty & smelly like that subway stench lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 02:35 PM

896 posts, read 1,170,388 times
Yea no kidding when I was in Boston fudruckers was considered good burgers LOL

Old 07-27-2012, 02:37 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,990,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliSon View Post
Yea no kidding when I was in Boston fudruckers was considered good burgers LOL
Really I don't think people understand how much LA has popularized American cheeseburgers and to a lessor extent hamburgers. In-N-Out and the golden arches, its traditionally a cultural icon to LA and just for the namesake LA has kept up with delivering quality burgers for over half a century.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
Really I don't think people understand how much LA has popularized American cheeseburgers and to a lessor extent hamburgers. In-N-Out and the golden arches, its traditionally a cultural icon to LA and just for the namesake LA has kept up with delivering quality burgers for over half a century.
My fave burgers have always been the mom and pops Tams, Jims, Tom's etc. and my favorite of all is Howards Avocado burgers in Culver City. In n out is ok but there's so much to burgers in LA other then In n Out, fatburger, etc.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:47 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,384,247 times
Have any of you guys been to Hawkins House of Burgers in Watts?

Los Angeles BEST BARGAIN-BASEMENT BURGER - Hawkins House of Burgers - Best Of Los Angeles - LA Weekly

The area isn't the best, and the ambience may be a bit worrying, but it's literally the best burgers I've had in LA. Seriously, best burgers. The meat is flavorful, the buns are cooked perfectly...even the fries are awesome!

Even beating out Umami Burger.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliSon View Post
My fave burgers have always been the mom and pops Tams, Jims, Tom's etc. and my favorite of all is Howards Avocado burgers in Culver City. In n out is ok but there's so much to burgers in LA other then In n Out, fatburger, etc.
In-N-Out is just the brand other states wish they had. For some reason? Just look at Texas for example, they basically cried their eyes out when it opened and there was an April fools joke in NYC a few years ago where they put on a billboard that In-N-Out is coming to NYC to be met with droves of New Yorkers crying about how much they love it to later find out it was an April fools joke and then they stormed in anger.

I prefer homemade burgers, add jalapenos, cheese, onions, lettuce, mayonnaise, and some spicy barbeque sauce and I could be in heaven. LA is THE burger place, don't let anyone else convince you otherwise on that, no body. I used to spend a lot of time in Burbank at the Habit Burger Grille but have found a new paradise in some of the other burger places in LA! The Blue Dahlia is my favorite place now!!

Old 07-27-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Have any of you guys been to Hawkins House of Burgers in Watts?

Los Angeles BEST BARGAIN-BASEMENT BURGER - Hawkins House of Burgers - Best Of Los Angeles - LA Weekly

The area isn't the best, and the ambience may be a bit worrying, but it's literally the best burgers I've had in LA. Seriously, best burgers. The meat is flavorful, the buns are cooked perfectly...even the fries are awesome!

I will give that a shot, you should also try fresh and meaty burgers they're mmmmm mmmmm good

http://s3-media4.ak.yelpcdn.com/bpho...S08AHSOQ/l.jpg

Old 07-27-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Haven't tried it yet but am going to have to check it out.
Quote:

Just one question remains, do they have shakes? Burgers, fries, and shakes go great together. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:01 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,384,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
Just one question remains, do they have shakes? Burgers, fries, and shakes go great together. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.
Hawkins House of Burgers » Menu

I don't think they have shakes At least I don't remember seeing it.

Quote:
I will give that a shot, you should also try fresh and meaty burgers they're mmmmm mmmmm good
Man, that looks good! Is that the one in Leimert Park? Sorta far (but so is Watts), but I'll give it a shot next time I'm in the area!

Why do I live in the Valley? Well, there's good burgers here too.

Ironically, there's a Five Guys burger restaurant next to an In-N-Out in Northridge, and the In-n-Out always looks considerably busier. I do like the free peanuts that Five Guys gives though

Old 07-27-2012, 03:01 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,665,617 times
More burgers in different cities:

America's Top-Rated Burgers at Epicurious.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City