Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 05:28 PM

555 posts, read 592,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
That was easy ..just saying..

https://www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...e-seattle.html

"I realize that I visited Seattle at the time that its best (summer), and absolutely fell in love with it. Im wondering what the weather is comparable to in the other months however. Just how bad is it?

Im from Upstate NY, and you will be surprised to find out at the cloud cover is roughly the same as you guys. In fact, I think Syracuse and the Central NY region is a tad cloudier to be honest. We live just east of the Great Lakes, and those are HAVENS for moisture and clouds that it drops directly on us.

Winters here average 100 inches of snow, thats 100 inches (in cities like Syracuse, Buffalo, etc.) Lake Effect Snowfall. Its everyday. It just appears out of nowhere like a cloudy that follows a cartoon character. For 3 months. The sun comes out probably 4 times a month. Im not joking. "
"So do you think this Upstater would have an issue with Seattle weather? Thanks guys."

Maybe this is why you think Chicago and NYC winters are the same, b/c you are associating upstate NY with NYC? Indeed, great lakes and upstate NY cities are more similar than atlantic coast like NYC/Atlantic City/Long Island areas... Just like say, Blacksburg VA will be different than Virginia Beach.
Thank you.
What now Chicagorseattle? LOL

Old 10-01-2013, 06:03 PM

399 posts, read 883,446 times
Quote:
That was easy ..just saying..

https://www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...e-seattle.html

"I realize that I visited Seattle at the time that its best (summer), and absolutely fell in love with it. Im wondering what the weather is comparable to in the other months however. Just how bad is it?

Im from Upstate NY, and you will be surprised to find out at the cloud cover is roughly the same as you guys. In fact, I think Syracuse and the Central NY region is a tad cloudier to be honest. We live just east of the Great Lakes, and those are HAVENS for moisture and clouds that it drops directly on us.

Winters here average 100 inches of snow, thats 100 inches (in cities like Syracuse, Buffalo, etc.) Lake Effect Snowfall. Its everyday. It just appears out of nowhere like a cloudy that follows a cartoon character. For 3 months. The sun comes out probably 4 times a month. Im not joking. "
"So do you think this Upstater would have an issue with Seattle weather? Thanks guys."

Maybe this is why you think Chicago and NYC winters are the same, b/c you are associating upstate NY with NYC? Indeed, great lakes and upstate NY cities are more similar than atlantic coast like NYC/Atlantic City/Long Island areas... Just like say, Blacksburg VA will be different than Virginia Beach.

Easy? What was? This proves nothing.

This says im from Buffalo?

Chicago winters are not like Upstate NY winters, or even Michigan.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flotard View Post
Thank you.
What now Chicagorseattle? LOL

Put the poms-poms down. Where does it say im from Buffalo?

Nice try I guess. Im from 4 hours East of it, aka nowhere near it.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:11 PM

555 posts, read 592,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoorSeattle View Post
Put the poms-poms down. Where does it say im from Buffalo?

Nice try I guess. Im from 4 hours East of it, aka nowhere near it.
Does it really matter? You are 6 hours away from NYC. What do you know about it? Lol

Old 10-01-2013, 06:11 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,535,266 times
Quote:

Easy? What was? This proves nothing.

This says im from Buffalo?

Chicago winters are not like Upstate NY winters, or even Michigan.
Yes Chicago ones aren't as bad, but they are more *similar* than winters in NYC...

No but you clearly state you are from Upstate NY and not NYC. Just saying... I don't know if you are from Buffalo or not.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Since you've never been to New York you have to take my word for it. LOL

This would imply youve lived in NYC or are from there originally, no?

I doubt someone who spent a week long vacation there would suddenly become an expert on all things NYC unless they were obsessively infatuated with it.

Theres really no other explanation for a fanboy that lives outside Miami to spend countless hours boosting NYC and bashing other cities. You must get real horny over it.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Yes Chicago ones aren't as bad, but they are more *similar* than winters in NYC...

No but you clearly state you are from Upstate NY and not NYC. Just saying... I don't know if you are from Buffalo or not.

Chicago gets Nor'easters and lake effect? Interesting. The only similarity is temperature fluctuation. Winters in Chicago are more like NYC than Upstate NY.

Buffalo accounts for a very small part of Upstate NY.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Does it really matter? You are 6 hours away from NYC. What do you know about it? Lol

6 hours? Again, proof?

Old 10-01-2013, 06:19 PM

Valiant attempts boys.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:21 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,535,266 times
Quote:
Chicago gets Nor'easters and lake effect? Interesting. The only similarity is temperature fluctuation. Winters in Chicago are more like NYC than Upstate NY.

Buffalo accounts for a very small part of Upstate NY.
Chicago *sometimes* gets lake effect, very rare though... Chicago definitely gets blizzards, though not noreasters, b/c it's not well, the north east.

Nothing like UP michigan cities or something, and can get over 200 inches of snow a year. Can not even imagine...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City