Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 03:12 PM

214 posts, read 410,278 times

Advertisements

I've lived in the following 4 cities so far (not counting college or hometown):

NY, Chicago, Atlanta, and Denver. At 36, the next move will occur within the next year. I can honestly say, it will be a top 15 metro. I have no aspirations of living in a city smaller than the one I live in now (Denver). The smallest place I will move to will be Seattle or San Diego. The largest city, if I remain in the US, will be LA, SF, Boston, or Philadelphia. I think age doesn't play as much of a factor as ambition. Some young people want to settle down and acquire the American dream. The reality is that can't be easily achieved in larger, more expansive metros. Therefore, it's much more plausible for them to move to mid-sized cities such as Austin, Portland, San Antonio, and Charlotte. I find nothing at all wrong with those places. It comes down to preference, and what you think you need to obtain from the city that you call home. Personally, I need a place with global influence. Which is why Denver is too small and Seattle/San Diego are balancing on the level of borderline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 03:13 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,213,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Why do people want to live in Las Vegas and Pheonix? What is the desire? Las Vegas is great for weekend trips, but to live there in 100+ degree heat in the summer? No thanks.
jobs period.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Wow. That's really neat that you know every person in the "younger generation", and know where they all want to live.
Trust me i know alot of people i am in college and they all want to move to those cities, i dont know any one eles that wants to move to any other city. Maybe Austin but seriously what other cities are you reffering too that you want to boost what? Little Rock Arkansas?

Old 04-04-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I'm 30 years old, educated, and "on the scene," and most of the cities that are popular on this message board have zero appeal to me.

The following are just my personal opinions, and I completely respect the fact that different people favor different places. It would get pretty crowded if we all wanted to live in the same 100 square mile area.

Portland: Too rainy, too grungy, not enough sun, and if the chicks look anything like they do on the trailers for that show "Portlandia," I'm not interested.

Seattle: See Portland.

Boston: People there love to show off how smart they are (or think they are). Weather stinks. Chicks ranked in the top 10% for hotness in Boston would be average or below in Miami or L.A.

Minneapolis: Absolutely not.

Chicago: Great bar scene, fun downtown when the weather is nice (not often enough). Way too cold and windy, out of control violent crime/murder rate, and Rahm Emanuel has no business running a 7-11, much less the third largest city in America.

Austin: Wanna-be Nashville with twice the traffic and three times the hipsters.

Washington DC: Nope.

Pittsburgh: Some here say it's underrated compared to the above cities, and they are correct. Still wouldn't live there though -- not impressed with the chicks or weather.
Ughh i cannot stand that chicago mayor he gets on my damn nerves, he is shutting down 30 schools on the southside so now the kids have to go even farther to get to school and those people are loosing their jobs not to mention he also has this thing now where police wont respond that second if you have a robbery or a property violation.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:28 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,678,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
jobs period.
Not really, it's more old people from colder climates.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Not really, it's more old people from colder climates.
Well of course its not just jobs but i am just saying its probably moslty jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City