Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 11:10 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,897,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomalak View Post
Gotta be Texas. Competition has strengthened all of their major cities.
All 6 of them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 12:50 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,886 times
North Carolina and Texas.

Funny how neither state's capital is the largest city, but have shown the highest growth out of any other metros in the country in recent years.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:48 PM

4 posts, read 10,366 times
North Dakota has compition over top city with Fargo and Bismarck. It's true but very sad...

Old 03-01-2013, 04:44 PM

416 posts, read 700,945 times
Texas, Ohio, and North Carolina

All these states have pretty impressive-sized metro areas spread about, and they all have something different to offer, yet each one will pick fights with eachother over who is better and who offers more. I know Texas is similar to Ohio when it comes to these cities, and Charlotte and Raleigh/Durham are always going at it.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:53 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMahValley View Post
Texas, Ohio, and North Carolina

All these states have pretty impressive-sized metro areas spread about, and they all have something different to offer, yet each one will pick fights with eachother over who is better and who offers more. I know Texas is similar to Ohio when it comes to these cities, and Charlotte and Raleigh/Durham are always going at it.
Hmmm?

Old 03-01-2013, 07:34 PM

416 posts, read 700,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Hmmm?
Oh there's no arguments over who's better in the likes of Dallas or Houston? Guess it's a perfect world down in the Lone Star state. Y'all have a good night now!

Old 03-02-2013, 09:30 AM

654 posts, read 1,909,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I did not say that people from dallas and houston dont stick it to each other, what i said was tgat you were blowing it far out of proportion.

As for austin, they are by far the most fixated city in Texas. Can hardly tell an Austinite that you are from some other city in Texas without a ten minute speech about how that city sucks and Austin is far superior.

The vast majority of Houston, Dallas and San Antonio people i have met in these 14 years i have lived in Texas generally have goid things to say about the other cities. Good luck finding Long tome Austin residents with good things to say about anywhere else in Texas.

Austin is easily my least favorite of the big Texas five. And that is saying something cause i hate san antonio
This is unfortunately too true. It's like saying something nice about another city somehow diminishes Austin. It gets tiring hearing it all the time. Houston, Dallas and Ft Worth are all great cities, in many ways much better than Austin. I think San Antonio is kinda lame but they do have some great touristy stuff. But then, I'm not a native and haven't drunk the Austin kool-aid. Been here 17 years though and time for a change.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:17 AM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMahValley View Post
Oh there's no arguments over who's better in the likes of Dallas or Houston? Guess it's a perfect world down in the Lone Star state. Y'all have a good night now!
No, I'm asking, how are they similar, exactly.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:38 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,671,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Ohio

Columbus
Cincinnati
Cleveland

All are right around 2 million

Then you have Akron, Dayton, and Toledo fighting amongst the smaller cities, all of which have metros over 500,000.
exactly. Many forget Ohio was the first state in the US to have 7 large/medium cities (Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, Toledo, Youngstown, Akron/Canton) within one state. Before Florida or Texas came around.

Now you have big city compeition and then medium city competition, and then even regional competition (as the state is really the tale of 4 different regions)

Old 03-02-2013, 12:43 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,886 times
Texas obviously has the biggest competition within the state. (Houston, Dallas, Austin).

Charlotte and Raleigh compete a lot, even though Charlotte wins 9/10 times. Then there's Winston-Salem and Greensboro.

Ohio's cities I don't specifically see "competing" with each other. It simply goes to one and not the others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City