Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 02:52 PM

30 posts, read 53,964 times

Advertisements

Well, my new wife and I were supposed to move to Dallas and fell in love with the urban feel of the West Village. Is there anything like that in Atl? It seems that Buckhead is very crowded and kinda ghetto on the weekends. Also, it kinda feels away from downtown so it almost feels like a suburb. I loved dallas because of its very livable and playable (made up word) downtown.

Am I missing something in ATL? I know the demographics are quite different. But were looking for young, NEW, fun cool. Not a Applebees, wal mart community.

Also would love a skyline view! Even though ATL's skyline is very spread out, there are some nice views.

Thanks!

Old 02-14-2013, 03:02 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,141,983 times
Midtown.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:04 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,241,774 times
Is Buckhead ghetto on the weekends? Have I been missing something?

Old 02-14-2013, 03:10 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,504,238 times
Westside

Old 02-14-2013, 03:27 PM

In my opinion Buckhead is pretty ghetto. When I've gone to Phipps or Lenox, i have to navigate the hoopties and fake Gucci body suits. Dallas, did not have that feel in the areas I went which were generally the upscale areas. Buckhead is arguably the most upscale zip code in the southeast.

Perhaps, I went at a bad time too.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Move this to City vs City forum
How do I move a thread to another location?

Old 02-14-2013, 03:37 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clspruiell View Post
It seems that Buckhead is very crowded and kinda ghetto on the weekends. Also, it kinda feels away from downtown so it almost feels like a suburb. I loved dallas because of its very livable and playable (made up word) downtown.

Am I missing something in ATL? I know the demographics are quite different. But were looking for young, NEW, fun cool. Not a Applebees, wal mart community.

Also would love a skyline view! Even though ATL's skyline is very spread out, there are some nice views.
I don't think there are any Applebee's or Walmarts in Buckhead, although they do have a skyline of sorts.

But it is no Dallas West Village.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...14-07n121a.jpg

Last edited by JMT; 02-16-2013 at 06:30 AM..

Old 02-14-2013, 03:40 PM

Yeah great pic. But most of that is just businesses. No walk around shopping / dining like West Vil and uptown dallas. I love the skyline view from west village too. Atl doesn't seem to offer that. Just spoke to a friend who lives in ATL and she said that Atlantic Station was very ghetto. Sorry to be throwing around that culture, but if we're honest, we all kinda understand.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:43 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
Quote:
Yeah great pic. But most of that is just businesses. No walk around shopping / dining like West Vil and uptown dallas. I love the skyline view from west village too. Atl doesn't seem to offer that. Just spoke to a friend who lives in ATL and she said that Atlantic Station was very ghetto. Sorry to be throwing around that culture, but if we're honest, we all kinda understand.
Exactly.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:06 PM

119 posts, read 181,919 times
Default West Villiage is kindy of "fake" urban...

Quote:
Weird question.

Are you looking for "real" upscale urban, that's natural and authentic and that has walkability and shopping in Atlanta, then you need to look at the intown neighborhoods like Virginia-Highlands.

Actually, one of the restaurants in Dallas West Village just opened up in Atlanta - Mi Cocina - in the 12th and Midtown complex, which is turning into more of West Village "vibe" than Atlantic Station.

The core of the "mixed use" of Dallas West Village is more of a fake "urban" that's very touristy, like Atlantic Station.

So for me, the fake urban malls of West Village and Atlantic Station isn't all that interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City