Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Philadelphia Offer Better Quality Arts/Culture than New York?
Yes 13 18.84%
No 56 81.16%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 05:38 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,265,884 times

Advertisements

philidalphia residents are DELUSIONAL. philly is not even 2nd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 05:51 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,688,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
philidalphia residents are DELUSIONAL. philly is not even 2nd
What city is ahead of it then my friend? Instead of just writing up a completely useless post with no substance or meaningful contributions to this thread, why don't you post some actual links and facts to support your claims? Thanks.

And it was not us who was praising the art scene in Philadelphia, it was a NYPost article.

But okay

Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,954,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Or even by other metrics. I am an artist (musician) and make music at home. Just because I don't perform in public currently doesn't mean I shouldn't be counted as art. Many people are like this in reality.
Society is bass-ackwards. Your art will not be appreciated until you're no longer around to create it.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:27 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,206,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
I am shocked Philadelphians believe these things.

Louvre in Paris vs any Philly museums?
Don't blame them, blame the OP. Dude is nothing but a booster who's posts always be making the Philly posters look bad, intentional or not. From the look of pics and Google Streetview, Philly's Benjamin Franklin Parkway Museum District does look truly breathtaking tho. So even though Manhattan alone can overwhelm Philly in this area, I'm pretty sure that Philly can still pull a quick one-two punch

Last edited by tcave360; 04-24-2013 at 06:37 PM..

Old 04-24-2013, 06:52 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,206,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Society is bass-ackwards. Your art will not be appreciated until you're no longer around to create it.
True that. And once the artist passes away, the value of that artist's original paintings rises exponentially or in the case of a music artist, it could be an all-time enduring classic sang and played forever.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:53 PM

541 posts, read 912,129 times
Is this a serious question?

Old 04-24-2013, 06:58 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEnjoyBeer View Post
Is this a serious question?

I hope not, sad part is Philly has tremndous arts offerings, yet framed as this comparison it seems quite silly.

I just saw Philadanco for the first time, was very good, am only sorry I took so long to actually make a visit

This Saturday is a big day for the Arts in Philly

the PIFA festival, weather looks good and should be a great time

Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts

Some images from the last

2011 Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts (PIFA) - YouTube

Old 04-24-2013, 07:17 PM

541 posts, read 912,129 times
Philadelphia is a great arts/culture city, but in comparison with NY?

Why are these threads made?

To embarrass Philadelphians?

Old 04-24-2013, 07:53 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,210,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Don't blame them, blame the OP. Dude is nothing but a booster who's posts always be making the Philly posters look bad, intentional or not. From the look of pics and Google Streetview, Philly's Benjamin Franklin Parkway Museum District does look truly breathtaking tho. So even though Manhattan alone can overwhelm Philly in this area, I'm pretty sure that Philly can still pull a quick one-two punch
Yeah if Im not mistaken the OP seems to make a habit of bombastic statements in regards to boosting Philly. Its an anti-Philly agenda imo.

I dont know how you quantify which is the best or second best cultural city in the USA. My guess is after Manhattan you can make a case for a 1/2 dozen or more cities that all have very formidable cultural attractions.

Philly may not be the second best cultural city. However you could probably make the case that the Ben Franklin Parkway(Philly) may be the best designed cultural area in the USA. Designed in 1900 after Paris Champs Elysees.

The New Barnes Museum, A sharp New Mormon Temple ,A Skate park, new residential mid rises are all under construction along the Parkway. They are also supposed to build a new ampitheater down near the circle by the art museum.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:08 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,650,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
I dont know how you quantify which is the best or second best cultural city in the USA. My guess is after Manhattan you can make a case for a 1/2 dozen or more cities that all have very formidable cultural attractions.
Except that Manhattan isn't a city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City