Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 01:59 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,956,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Exactly, where all these Baltimore bammas came from is beyond my belief haha!

And no we didn't bring up Bmore first in this whole thread.
You did, sir.

My post was that DC and Chicago have similar accents. DC's finest response to that was:

"Stop it. You won't confuse anyone from DC and Chicago with having the same accent. Just like you won't confuse DC with Baltimore's semi country accent "dug." I mean dog. LOL"

So it was in fact a DC poster that brought Baltimore up, so you don't have to admit that you're wrong, I know it can be difficult to admit sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 02:12 PM

673 posts, read 1,186,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
You did, sir.

My post was that DC and Chicago have similar accents. DC's finest response to that was:

"Stop it. You won't confuse anyone from DC and Chicago with having the same accent. Just like you won't confuse DC with Baltimore's semi country accent "dug." I mean dog. LOL"

So it was in fact a DC poster that brought Baltimore up, so you don't have to admit that you're wrong, I know it can be difficult to admit sometimes.
Lol DC boosters always have to bring up Baltimore. And they claim they dont think about us

Old 10-25-2016, 02:19 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,552,695 times
Quote:
You did, sir.

He was replying to your specific post about accents referring to how "ya'll" talk in Bmore, that didn't come across as "thinking" about Baltimore.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:31 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHaze1100 View Post
DC copied Chicago in so many ways from Mild Sauce, to even slang "jo". DC black culture took Chicago's slang and made it into something of their own with an East Coast twist. Not to mention your half smokes come from Baltimore. The only thing DC has that they didnt copy is GoGo which is pretty much dead now. Baltimore club and Chicago house emerged at the same era the 90's, neither cities copied and as both cities had completely different syles. Baltimore created its own flow of club that is more global than Chicago House. Therefore other cities took Baltimore Club and made flows of their own.
i don't even think you believe this

Old 10-25-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
He was replying to your specific post about accents referring to how "ya'll" talk in Bmore, that didn't come across as "thinking" about Baltimore.
Wow, What?!?!

He initially brought up Baltimore, brought up the Baltimore accent, then proceeded to give an example of said access. How is that not thinking about Baltimore??

Please make that make sense.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
They're delusional fam, lol. Go-go is more known world wide than Baltimore club music haha!

Old 10-25-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Wow, What?!?!

He initially brought up Baltimore, brought up the Baltimore accent, then proceeded to give an example of said access. How is that not thinking about Baltimore??

Please make that make sense.
Look I can't speak for him.

Lets get back to the topic of the thread, or you may feel free to go and create a thread about Chicago and Baltimore who's more similar.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Look I can't speak for him.

Lets get back to the topic of the thread, or you may feel free to go and create a thread about Chicago and Baltimore who's more similar.
You just made an attempt to speak for him, and it made absolutely no sense. I can't even believe you made that post.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
You just made an attempt to speak for him, and it made absolutely no sense. I can't even believe you made that post.
It makes sense because you a known "Baltimore poster" jumped into a DC and Chicago thread referring to country accents, then he called your city's accent out (after you called out his) which is notorious for the country sounding pronunciation of "Tew" (two) and "Dug" (dog). Some of the most country sounding normal words I've heard come out of anyone's accent. So yes I absolutely understand why he mentioned your city of Baltimore. Again I don't see any infatuation with the city from his post otherwise.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:00 PM

673 posts, read 1,186,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
I do believe it. Baltimore Club Music is what made Philly Club music and Jersey club Music and later influenced many other European styles of techno/club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City