Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Chicago or Toronto, which is better?
Chicago 116 56.04%
Toronto 91 43.96%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 12:14 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,867,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
And the Chicago area economy is predicted to grow 2.9%this year...slightly faster than the 2.8% growth predicted for Toronto.

And we've already had our housing corrections. Americans have significantly lower debt to income levels than Canada at the moment. Fasten your seat belts neighbors....turbulence ahead.
Roger that Captain Midwest1....Oooohh really nervous...Dunno if i'll be able to sleep on the flight.. Flight Attendant more wine please - anonymous internet captain from the Midwest predicts a huge bubble burst in Canada.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/blogs/b...183545158.html

Old 07-13-2014, 12:55 PM

2,502 posts, read 3,371,489 times
I spent several years working at a major east Asian central bank. The whole world knows theres a bubble in Canadian real estate...except apparently...most Canadians. All housing and asset bubbles are primarily defined by the same phenomenon...denial.

Apparently the majority of Canadian lenders at least fear the coming storm. If you own a property...might want to unload it ASAP

Potential Canadian Housing Bubble A Concern For 7 In 10 Lenders: Report

Last edited by midwest1; 07-13-2014 at 01:04 PM..

Old 07-13-2014, 01:36 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,711,251 times
Quote:
I spent several years working at a major east Asian central bank. The whole world knows theres a bubble in Canadian real estate...except apparently...most Canadians. All housing and asset bubbles are primarily defined by the same phenomenon...denial.

Apparently the majority of Canadian lenders at least fear the coming storm. If you own a property...might want to unload it ASAP

Potential Canadian Housing Bubble A Concern For 7 In 10 Lenders: Report
I said back in 2008,"Call me when the bubble bursts". It's 6 years later and my phone hasn't rang yet. So as you said earlier "no one can predict the future" which I will stick by as well.
So until the bubble "deflates", I think I will sit back and watch approximately 140 crane operators across the city do their job do their job. A fine job at that.

Old 07-13-2014, 01:45 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,711,251 times
Quote:
And the Chicago area economy is predicted to grow 2.9%this year...slightly faster than the 2.8% growth predicted for Toronto.

And we've already had our housing corrections. Americans have significantly lower debt to income levels than Canada at the moment. Fasten your seat belts neighbors....turbulence ahead.
I thought no one can predict the future? Are we discussing projections and predictions as well? Because if we now are, there are projections for the Golden Horseshoe to pass Chicagoland in population, similar to how Toronto has passed Chicago in city population over a year ago.
There are other projections going forward in favor of Toronto as well.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:46 PM

22 posts, read 21,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Some of them are crap but not all.. You are broad brush stroking things.. There are too many variables to come to the simplisic conclusion as you are. If you want to be that way, it is your choice of course. One thing I have noticed with the latest crop is improved design, height and quality so we are moving more into the right direction.
Give some examples of latest crop you are talking about. I have seen many of these new condos and the materials and workmanship are poor.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:14 PM

266 posts, read 276,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Roger that Captain Midwest1....Oooohh really nervous...Dunno if i'll be able to sleep on the flight.. Flight Attendant more wine please - anonymous internet captain from the Midwest predicts a huge bubble burst in Canada.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/blogs/b...183545158.html

ROFLOL!

I've had professional realtors tell me there's no bubble coming anytime soon. But some anonymous clown on the internet should be believe over them? Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

I've heard idiots saying that the market is about to crash for more than five years now. They've been wrong every single time.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawks View Post
Give some examples of latest crop you are talking about. I have seen many of these new condos and the materials and workmanship are poor.
Unless you've spent time living in them personally, how can you know that the materials and workmanship are poor?

I have several friends who live in brand new downtown Toronto condos, and the materials and workmanship are excellent in all the buildings where they live.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjun18 View Post
Chicago is the slowest growing big city in the entire U.S.
Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.
ROFLOL!

Like Detroit, Chicago's best days are LONG behind it. That's why Chicago lost population per the census every decade since 1950 save for the 1990s. LOL!

Old 07-13-2014, 03:21 PM

This is turning into a total smackdown!

I'm almost feeling sorry for the Chicago folk.

Environmental Study Finds Air In Chicago Now 75% Bullets | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 07-13-2014, 03:47 PM

591 posts, read 781,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjun18 View Post
Shouting? You're comparing shouting to the various murders, robberies, and other worse crimes that happen much more often in Chicago? LOL. Ok.

Even if I were to believe your post, it looks ridiculous.
Speaking of incidents, yesterday 2 people were murdered and 18 people were shot in the city of Chicago.
Chicago shootings violence crime: 2 dead, 17 wounded - chicagotribune.com
yea chicago is dangerous in specific places, and he was talking about downtown, so not specific dangerous neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City