Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 04:25 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,826,599 times

Advertisements

Philly for sure. Only ones above Philly would be (in order) LA, NYC, Chicago and then Philly. I am not sure DC-Baltimore would even make it to the top 10 as I find Boston, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston and Indianapolis to be more basketball oriented cities than DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 05:23 PM

20,517 posts, read 33,565,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The "lately" part of your statement deserves emphasis.
Well if one needs to emphasize this, so be it. Does not take away the talent coming in from the DC area.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:25 PM

20,517 posts, read 33,565,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
Philly for sure. Only ones above Philly would be (in order) LA, NYC, Chicago and then Philly. I am not sure DC-Baltimore would even make it to the top 10 as I find Boston, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston and Indianapolis to be more basketball oriented cities than DC.
NO WAY. These are without a doubt football oriented cities to the core. Football is popular in DC for pro sports only. Outside of it, the rest of the levels take a back seat to the NBA, College basketball (though I would say college ball is more popular in DC than the NBA) and even high school basketball. Dallas and Houston is NFL, College Football, and high school football over everything else.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:25 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,219,896 times
Quote:
Down here in the DC-Baltimore area, we put more emphasis on college basketball than professional NBA basketball. DC is more of a football-, soccer-, hockey-, and baseball-oriented city, especially football! Bmore is a very football- and baseball-oriented city.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:47 PM

10,113 posts, read 9,984,634 times
Baltimore is Basketball city as well. The amount to talent in Baltimore is crazy. It would be nice actually have a basketball team.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:22 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,042,856 times
Quote:
I am not sure DC-Baltimore would even make it to the top 10 as I find Boston, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston and Indianapolis to be more basketball oriented cities than DC.
Oakland is 5th imo.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:34 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,826,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
NO WAY. These are without a doubt football oriented cities to the core. Football is popular in DC for pro sports only. Outside of it, the rest of the levels take a back seat to the NBA, College basketball (though I would say college ball is more popular in DC than the NBA) and even high school basketball. Dallas and Houston is NFL, College Football, and high school football over everything else.
Cannot you not read? I said they are more basketball cities than DC. I never said that was the most popular sport there is basketball. Just like in Boston, baseball is king but basketball is still more popular there than in DC.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:05 AM

612 posts, read 844,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Down here in the DC-Baltimore area, we put more emphasis on college basketball than professional NBA basketball.
Kinda disappointed to hear this. Perhaps the day the Wizards field a consistent contender, this culture'll change?

Old 10-10-2013, 02:13 AM

612 posts, read 844,395 times
I know a lotta people don't, but still, are there a lotta folks in Charm City that even care about the Wizards?

And was Baltimore robbed of the Bullets, or did they deserve to leave?

Old 10-10-2013, 05:20 AM

10,113 posts, read 9,984,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
I know a lotta people don't, but still, are there a lotta folks in Charm City that even care about the Wizards?

And was Baltimore robbed of the Bullets, or did they deserve to leave?
I don't know any wizards fans. After the team left Baltimore, they weren't our team any more. Most of the people that I know are Celtics fans. Pro basketball is bigger than college basketball here in Baltimore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City