Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is more Superstar?
Miami 15 15.96%
Los Angeles 79 84.04%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 11:28 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,514,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
It sounds like you are praying on this cataclysm, because your historical reference to earthquake magnitude and frequency in LA county is simply crap:

List of earthquakes in California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't ask me how I really feel.

Merry Christmas.
that list is highly inaccurate unless you are telling me that there have only been about 50 earthquakes in Cali since 1800
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 02:01 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,769,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBrGr View Post
that list is highly inaccurate unless you are telling me that there have only been about 50 earthquakes in Cali since 1800
Cali, Colombia is not at the epicenter of earthquakes in that country...I believe the Medellin region is more earthquake prone. But there was a magnitude 7.0 quake in 2013 to the south of Cali near the Colombia/Ecuador border.

7.0 earthquake rocks Colombia

The list of earthquakes in California you referenced looks accurate but it only lists the larger ones (about 4.0 or larger). Plenty of smaller ones occur more often but they are hardly noticeable.

Old 12-26-2014, 04:33 PM

32 posts, read 41,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBrGr View Post
LA is on one of the most active fault lines in the world that has been relatively quiet recently. It is bound to happen
Believe the bs I really don't care. Its ain't gon happen

Old 12-27-2014, 08:51 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,643,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
Cali, Colombia is not at the epicenter of earthquakes in that country...I believe the Medellin region is more earthquake prone. But there was a magnitude 7.0 quake in 2013 to the south of Cali near the Colombia/Ecuador border.

7.0 earthquake rocks Colombia

The list of earthquakes in California you referenced looks accurate but it only lists the larger ones (about 4.0 or larger). Plenty of smaller ones occur more often but they are hardly noticeable.
We're on the 11th floor of a building in downtown LA and I haven't felt anything less than a 4. Not sure if our building is absorbing the shock or what. Usually I don't find out until hours later when someone tells me we had an earthquake.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:40 AM

3,212 posts, read 3,175,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifNumberOne View Post
LA without question. Can't believe this is even a thread. Miami?? Really?? At least nyc or London?
Easily. L.A defines "superstar". Miami is great for beaches and yacht parties but they have nothing on our Hollywood, entertainment industry, and celebrity presence. Not to mention that L.A. has a far more diverse array of options of "things to do in a typical day" for the uber wealthy.

Old 12-27-2014, 04:09 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,473,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrandNewWorld View Post
Easily. L.A defines "superstar". Miami is great for beaches and yacht parties but they have nothing on our Hollywood, entertainment industry, and celebrity presence. Not to mention that L.A. has a far more diverse array of options of "things to do in a typical day" for the uber wealthy.
THANK YOU. ITS PROVEN.

you have the same stereotypical understanding of LA as a homeless person in OMAHA, NEBRASKA.

you dont know the true Los Angeles, you dont have a slight clue, people like you only think of hollywood and celebrities, when in reality that is the smallest part of what makes LA "superstar".

STOP PRETENDING YOU LIVE HERE.

Old 12-27-2014, 06:58 PM

32 posts, read 41,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
THANK YOU. ITS PROVEN.

you have the same stereotypical understanding of LA as a homeless person in OMAHA, NEBRASKA.

you dont know the true Los Angeles, you dont have a slight clue, people like you only think of hollywood and celebrities, when in reality that is the smallest part of what makes LA "superstar".

STOP PRETENDING YOU LIVE HERE.
True DAT!!!! L.A. ftw easily! L.A. is much more then just Hollywood and the entertainment industry, but people like to stereotype us all the time

Old 12-27-2014, 11:52 PM

31 posts, read 36,440 times
Haha Miami? No. L.A. by far.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:43 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,208,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizo916 View Post
LA is a world class city. Miami is a suburb.
I agree that LA is better, but this post is ignorant. Miami is an alpha world city that is far from being just "a suburb".

Old 12-28-2014, 10:53 PM
MPC

703 posts, read 1,267,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
Miami is more urban and dense and easier to navigate.
Have you been to both? Because the city proper, yes Miami is more dense but in terms of metro, LA is almost 1.5x as dense, and everyone walks in LA and uses public transit. I see nobody walking in Miami unless your downtown and their public transit isn't that great. LA is definitely more urban and more dense.
There is shops on every corner in LA, not in Miami. I love Miami, and moving there next year but I've been to both and it's not even close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City