Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the overall best: The Big Apple or San Francisco?
New York City 78 71.56%
San Francisco 31 28.44%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 08:03 PM

82 posts, read 128,354 times

Advertisements

Sorry, I know that makes it sound like I'm in favor of SF, but I'm not. NYC really is absolutely amazing, I just did not want this thread to turn into a size comparison when that's exactly what I did not want it to be. Thanks for all the posts and various opinions.. You all have good points and ideas.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:13 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trev706 View Post
Sorry, I know that makes it sound like I'm in favor of SF, but I'm not. NYC really is absolutely amazing, I just did not want this thread to turn into a size comparison when that's exactly what I did not want it to be. Thanks for all the posts and various opinions.. You all have good points and ideas.
Yep, both have amazing options that are totally different. NY regardless of size doesn't "win" in all categories or for all people. Heck I have some Italian and Greek friends here from New York who much prefer Dallas to NYC. Blasphemous I know....

Old 12-17-2013, 08:14 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,366,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trev706 View Post
Like any other vs. thread on CD, no matter what, it will degenerate and go waaaay beyond your intended scope

Old 12-17-2013, 08:15 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
In this thread it makes NO difference how big NY is. It's irrelevant.
The San Francisco Bay Area is like a smaller version of NY. SF is to the Bay Area what Manhattan is to NYC. San Francisco has many attributes that compare well with NY and regardless of its size SF packs a huge punch with arguably the second best urban experience in the US.
One of the biggest myths on c-d is that SF is a mini-NYC. Demographically and socio-economically speaking, NYC is quite frankly not prosperous enough to be a mega version of SF.

And the biggest irony of this particular debate is that as far as as median income levels and even racial breakdown, NYC is actually much closer.....to Oakland.

LMAO.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:22 PM

669 posts, read 916,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I know by now the number of people with any sense in their brains taking you seriously is very low if not zero considering the things you post and the amount of posts you have been allowed to make here but pulling up just any random conspiracy theory articles from the internet like this just to make an argument is new low, even for you.

Keep telling yourself that if makes you feel better but you would be delusional if you think articles like that doesn't exist for San Francisco or any other popular city out there.

SFPD pumping out false arrest stats :: SFBay

Old 12-17-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
I know by now the number of people with any sense in their brains taking you seriously is very low if not zero considering the things you post the amount of posts you have been allowed to made here but posting any random conspiracy theory articles from the internet like this just to make an argument is new low, even for you.

Keep telling yourself that if makes you feel better but you would be delusional if you think articles like that doesn't exist for San Francisco or any other popular city.

SFPD pumping out false arrest stats :: SFBay
Please forward your accusations to the Huffington Post, which is one of the most widely read news outlets in the world.

Unlike the SFBay Guardian which is a free rag thats about as hard hitting as yelp, and I use to wrap crystal that I store in the attic. You can also refer to SFBG if you need a 'massage'

lol

Old 12-17-2013, 08:33 PM

82 posts, read 128,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gichicago View Post
Like any other vs. thread on CD, no matter what, it will degenerate and go waaaay beyond your intended scope
Haha yeah, I should've guessed it would go this way.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:36 PM

669 posts, read 916,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Please forward your accusations to the Huffington Post, which is one of the most widely read news outlets in the world.

Unlike the SFBay Guardian which is a free rag thats about as hard hitting as yelp, and I use to wrap crystal that I store in the attic. You can also refer to SFBG if you need a 'massage'

lol
Oh how did I just know that was going to be your response lol. So I came prepared this time you see. I held off on posting this the last time just for this occasion. Here is that same article from your beloved Huffington Post:

San Francisco Police Department Falsified Racial Statistics For Arrests, Report Finds

It's always a pleasure making you look foolish in front of people.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:39 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,139,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
Oh how did I just know that was going to be your response lol. So I came prepared this time you see. I held off on posting this last time just for this occasion. Here is that same article on from your beloved Huffington Post:

San Francisco Police Department Falsified Racial Statistics For Arrests, Report Finds

It's always a pleasure making you look foolish in front of people.
Great posts!

Old 12-17-2013, 08:39 PM

It's hilarious how dusturbing the assumed pecking order with painful doses of reality just upsets people quite deeply. Hence the barrage of personal attack comments. What else is new?

And the OP just said it, this isnt about size or your precious tiers or your (bizarre) exclusive club of 2 cities---lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City