Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Washington DC/NOVA Vs Dallas Tx
Dallas 44 36.67%
Washington DC/NOVA 76 63.33%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 10:13 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,165,810 times

Advertisements

It should be DFW vs. DC/NOVA. Like peterlemonjello stated either one could work, but as far a call centers, Dallas would be your best bet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 11:14 AM

100 posts, read 163,528 times
I've actually been eyeing the Plano area pretty heavily because it seems nice. Is anyone here familiar with Plano, Tx?

Old 12-30-2013, 11:32 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,510,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma X View Post
Yea its D.C./Suburban Maryland/Northern Virginia technically and its a very vast, dynamic area that blows Dallas out of the water.
We ain't even 10 comments deep and the foolishness has already started.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:06 PM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Coming out of college with CS experience, you won't be making a whole lot so I'd choose Dallas hands down.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:18 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdantes View Post
I've actually been eyeing the Plano area pretty heavily because it seems nice. Is anyone here familiar with Plano, Tx?
I live there. What do you want to know about it?

Old 12-30-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
I live there. What do you want to know about it?
How's the traffic? How's the food? Is it a good place to live for minorities? How are the people? Are there any fun things to do? That sort of thing. According to Google Maps, it's not that far from Dallas. Only like 20 minutes or so.

Old 12-30-2013, 03:13 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdantes View Post
How's the traffic? How's the food? Is it a good place to live for minorities? How are the people? Are there any fun things to do? That sort of thing. According to Google Maps, it's not that far from Dallas. Only like 20 minutes or so.
1) Traffic: Not terrible within the city. Driving into Dallas can be sticky during rush hour. Getting into the city center can take anywhere from just 20 minutes to over an hour. Outside of work, I go into Dallas every couple of weeks or so to do stuff.

2) Food: Excellent, though you would never know if judging from just the main roads. Rule of thumb, big box chains along the freeway and mom and pop's and holes' in the wall on the side streets. Plano is home to what is officially the best German restaurant in the US. Plano is home to a very large amount of authentic Chinese, India (north and south), Taiwanese, Korean, Mexican, Arabic, etc. places to eat. The empahsis is on Asian dining in Plano because thats the main demographic. Plano's food strength is its variety of Asian food.

3) Fun things to do: Plano is a suburb so dont expect what you might see in a major city. However, it offers a lot for a suburb. There are many parks with lots of green space (relative to suburbs anyway). There is also the Shops at Legacy as well as Downtown Plano that offer nightlife, bars, clubs, a skatepark, fine dining, etc. Its not the most fun place, but thats kind of why I live here. It offers just enough to keep me entertained but not so much that its loud. I like my space and my quiet.
I hope that helps!

Old 12-31-2013, 01:57 AM

148 posts, read 312,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
Do you have an issue with Suburban Maryland that you could not include Washington DC/Suburban Maryland/NOVA in the Topic Poll????????

It makes no d-mn sense to exclude Suburban Maryland out of the topic since Suburban Maryland is HUGE part of the Metro DC area..........
I second that....

Old 12-31-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
1) Traffic: Not terrible within the city. Driving into Dallas can be sticky during rush hour. Getting into the city center can take anywhere from just 20 minutes to over an hour. Outside of work, I go into Dallas every couple of weeks or so to do stuff.

2) Food: Excellent, though you would never know if judging from just the main roads. Rule of thumb, big box chains along the freeway and mom and pop's and holes' in the wall on the side streets. Plano is home to what is officially the best German restaurant in the US. Plano is home to a very large amount of authentic Chinese, India (north and south), Taiwanese, Korean, Mexican, Arabic, etc. places to eat. The empahsis is on Asian dining in Plano because thats the main demographic. Plano's food strength is its variety of Asian food.

3) Fun things to do: Plano is a suburb so dont expect what you might see in a major city. However, it offers a lot for a suburb. There are many parks with lots of green space (relative to suburbs anyway). There is also the Shops at Legacy as well as Downtown Plano that offer nightlife, bars, clubs, a skatepark, fine dining, etc. Its not the most fun place, but thats kind of why I live here. It offers just enough to keep me entertained but not so much that its loud. I like my space and my quiet.
I hope that helps!
Excellent info! Thanks Man!

Old 12-31-2013, 10:24 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,298,309 times
I love both for different reasons. Can't go wrong with either, but I will say that DC is so much more expensive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City