Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2010, 05:21 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,637,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Yes we are considered suburbs of Philadelphia. My town for example is only 6 miles from Center City Philadelphia.
So by saying that area of New Jersey has hot women you are implying that Philadelphia has hot women, but of course, hot is subjective.

Are you mainly talking about Italian girls?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 05:25 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
So by saying that area of New Jersey has hot women you are implying that Philadelphia has hot women, but of course, hot is subjective.

Are you mainly talking about Italian girls?
Yes we have alot of Italian girls and they are very attractive.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Yes we have alot of Italian girls and they are very attractive.
DailyJournalist, are you trying to get on my good side?

I can't ignore part of my heritage either.

As long as they are not the NYC-inspired "Jersey Shore" types.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:31 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
Quote:
DailyJournalist, are you trying to get on my good side?

I can't ignore part of my heritage either.

As long as they are not the NYC-inspired "Jersey Shore" types.
Maybe they are just a little,lol.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:20 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,312 times
Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, and California chicks...defiantly not Tennessee chicks in general...i live here and have lived or visited the other places i spoke of and those places are a level higher in fine women than Tennessee is...trust me i live here

Old 02-21-2010, 09:47 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,119,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
It seems like some cities are always mentioned, and some are never mentioned. There's probably reasonable factors to explain it.

-Beach cities, so cal, so florida, 350+ days of sunshine. Into health, fitness, diet.

-Warm states in the south (texas, ga). More sun, closer to the equator.

-Intellectual, career women. Montreal?, nyc, san francisco. More "natural" women.

Areas not mentioned...cold northern states, minn, north dakota, the plains, or remote states, vermont, maine. Not enough sun. More conservative dress? More traditional. More religious areas? Utah is never mentioned.

Wooded areas, forest areas are almost never mentioned. A different lifestyle than in the open cities (like so cal)?

I wonder why Montreal and not Toronto, Vancuver, Calgary?
I've heard many, many people say the we Minnesotans have beautiful women, at least young women.

Florida has an obesity rate similar to Minnesota's, and I don't find (white) women there any more beautiful, on average, than Minnesota.

Career women turn me off, sorry.

Also, you seem to have a preference for tan girls (as do I). However, in virtually all cultures, traditionally the preference was for paler skinned women.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:45 PM

248 posts, read 615,992 times
Quote:
Lighter Italians are usually from northern or north-central Italia though. Southern Italians, are closer in complexion to other Mediterraneans as they are largely made up of Neapolitans, Sicilians, etc., many of which have settled in the NYC area. I'm Italian on my mother's side and considering my grandmother's family was originally from Piedmont and my grandfather's from Sicily, there is a noticeable difference.
----

Reluctant

I don't find any difference between Sicilians, Napolitans, Calabrese, etc, and Northern Italy. I know napolitans that are "pale", and people from Milano and Torino that are dark.

There have been very large mouvements in population in Italy during the last 3000 years, so there are no real ethnic differences. Sicilians are like your typical Italian, you might find blonde and blue eyed Sicilians and dark Sicilians, all in the same family.

As to Italians in New York, they came from localized regions and are not illustrative. For example, a few towns are overrepresented, etc.

The "racial" differences between Italians, French and Spanish are basically B.S. invented during the XIXth Century by ultranationalistic local mouvements.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:44 PM

129 posts, read 246,407 times
I cant speak for the entire country but from that states I have lived in and surrounding states I visited fairly often (california, arizona, new mexico, texas, colorado, oklahoma, louisiana, oregon, florida) my opinion would be Texas, there did seem to be beautiful women everywhere.

Now as for men, any ladies see the "Triple D" episode where Guy went to Alaska?
Every restaurant he went to had good looking men in it.
So is Alaska a contender for men?

Old 02-21-2010, 10:45 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,477,117 times
Well, it sure aint Memphis!

Old 02-22-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neng View Post
----

Reluctant

I don't find any difference between Sicilians, Napolitans, Calabrese, etc, and Northern Italy. I know napolitans that are "pale", and people from Milano and Torino that are dark.

There have been very large mouvements in population in Italy during the last 3000 years, so there are no real ethnic differences. Sicilians are like your typical Italian, you might find blonde and blue eyed Sicilians and dark Sicilians, all in the same family.

As to Italians in New York, they came from localized regions and are not illustrative. For example, a few towns are overrepresented, etc.

The "racial" differences between Italians, French and Spanish are basically B.S. invented during the XIXth Century by ultranationalistic local mouvements.
I think some of what you say is true, but you have to remember that large swaths of Spain came under direct influence/integration from the Moors, and Sicily as well has been influenced by North Africans and Arab tribes for centuries. Greece, of course, was no more than a Turkish outpost under the Ottomans for a while, so I would believe that altered the ethnic composition of the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City