Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 02:33 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,178,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
It is hard to think of a city like Denver. Colorado Springs isn't even like Denver.

Denver isn't like Seattle, but it is trying hard to reach Seattle's yuppie/uppity vibe.
Denver doesn't have Portland's natural environment.
Denver isn't quite like Phoenix. Or Albuquerque.
Denver doesn't have the realness of Los Angeles, or the varied topography of San Diego.

I think Sacramento is most comparable to Denver. I've said that a lot. Aside from the weather, of course. I don't feel that said statement is a slight to either city.

Now, the Seattle beach thing. Swimming at Alki is one of the most godawful things you can do to yourself. 9 days out of 10, during the summer, it isn't warm enough to enjoy. The water is FREEZING COLD, the ground under the water is covered with extremely sharp rocks, the only wave you get is via passing ferries, and it feels like a completely dirty experience overall. We used to swim at Silver Lake in Everett and Lake Whatcom in Bellingham, and those experiences blow away any Puget Sound experience that involves body in water (lake water still cold, but refreshing, clean, safe, and fun {docks to jump off of}).

EDIT: Spokane is nothing like Denver either.
I agree. Sacramento gets my vote as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City