Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 01:53 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,980,672 times

Advertisements

Austin is way snobbier than Dallas these days and it's not even close.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:53 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,182,333 times
Qworld:Between 2000 and 2006, the Greater Tampa Bay Market experienced a combined growth rate of 14.8 percent, growing from 3.4 million to 3.9 million and hitting the 4 million population mark on April 1, 2007.[16] A 2012 estimate shows the Tampa Bay area population to have 4,310,524 people and a 2017 projection of 4,536,854 people.[17]

Tampa, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You know how to read?

Old 10-17-2014, 02:05 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,189,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Qworld:Between 2000 and 2006, the Greater Tampa Bay Market experienced a combined growth rate of 14.8 percent, growing from 3.4 million to 3.9 million and hitting the 4 million population mark on April 1, 2007.[16] A 2012 estimate shows the Tampa Bay area population to have 4,310,524 people and a 2017 projection of 4,536,854 people.[17]

Tampa, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You know how to read?
How snobbish. Yes, I can read quite well. As defined by the census, Tampas MSA is at 2.8 million. Your population figure is from a regional economic agency--wonder why it's so high?

A wider definition is adopted by other entities, including state agencies like Enterprise Florida and the Florida Department of Transportation,[4] and the Tampa Bay Partnership, a not-for-profit organization created to promote economic growth in the region.[5] These entities include additional nearby counties. According to the Tampa Bay Partnership the Greater Tampa Bay Region contains 4 million residents.[6

Old 10-17-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
How snobbish. Yes, I can read quite well. As defined by the census, Tampas MSA is at 2.8 million. Your population figure is from a regional economic agency--wonder why it's so high?

A wider definition is adopted by other entities, including state agencies like Enterprise Florida and the Florida Department of Transportation,[4] and the Tampa Bay Partnership, a not-for-profit organization created to promote economic growth in the region.[5] These entities include additional nearby counties. According to the Tampa Bay Partnership the Greater Tampa Bay Region contains 4 million residents.[6
It's high because from Spring Hill down to Sarasota, Lakeland to Clearwater Beach, it's one unified metro area. Look these up on Google maps.

http://i.imwx.com/web/news/2010/nove...10-469x574.jpg

You get it? It's almost connected with Orlando.

I thought the objective was to demonstrate we're snobbish? ok joke.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:19 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,606,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Austin is way snobbier than Dallas these days and it's not even close.
Agreed. If this were 20 years ago, then Austin probably would have been the least snobby city in Texas, but that town has done a 180 shift since then towards off the charts elitism. It's ironic too. 20 years ago, Austin had a much better QOL and was a much "cooler" place, yet was much more down to Earth and modest.

However, the "brand" of elitism is different in Austin than it is in Dallas. In Austin, it's more of a hipster/millenial, "we're more liberal than you" form of snobbiness, whereas in Dallas it's more of a status/money thing.

Still, I agree that Austin is MUCH more snooty than Dallas these days. If anything, I think Dallas has gotten less snooty as it has grown into a city with a more diverse population. Austin on the other hand, just keeps getting more snobby and elitist the larger it gets. The two cities attract a different kind of personality.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
It's high because from Spring Hill down to Sarasota, Lakeland to Clearwater Beach, it's one unified metro area. Look these up on Google maps.

http://i.imwx.com/web/news/2010/nove...10-469x574.jpg

You get it? It's almost connected with Orlando.

I thought the objective was to demonstrate we're snobbish? ok joke.
Nice photo. It's either an oversight by the census to still list Tampa s msa as only 2.8 million or Tampa economic agencies are leading the data a bit to promote future growth--my gut says somewhere in between. Perhaps this new reality, if true, will be reflected in the next census. Wonder what their methodology is for four million plus....

And this is city data--you're either a snob or an idiot lol.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Nice photo. It's either an oversight by the census to still list Tampa s msa as only 2.8 million or Tampa economic agencies are leading the data a bit to promote future growth--my gut says somewhere in between. Perhaps this new reality, if true, will be reflected in the next census. Wonder what their methodology is for four million plus....

And this is city data--you're either a snob or an idiot lol.
Ahhh have you ever heard of unincorporated areas?

Actually you're the idiot because you talk without having first hand experience in the region, just like the other person who called Dallas a small city!

Old 10-17-2014, 02:40 PM

591 posts, read 783,671 times
*sees Chicago dosen't make the list*

http://www.babyorbaba.com/wp-content...ailed-it-5.jpg

Old 10-17-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Ahhh have you ever heard of unincorporated areas?

Actually you're the idiot because you talk without having first hand experience in the region, just like the other dude who called Dallas a small city!
Ok. I tried to be nice. Tampa is a region of 2.8 million. Even your wikipedia link (classy) shows that on its main stat page. The numbers you are posting are unsubstantiated by any agency not linked to Tampa s economic well being. And unincorporated areas? What's your point? If they were pertinent, they'd be already added to the urban area or msa or csa (wait, Tampa doesn't have a csa). The only idiotic thing here is trying to pull numbers out of thin air to boost a region to something it's not. Tell me, why doesn't the census, your own wiki link outside of a bs unsubstantiated blurb, show Tampa at 2.8 million (oh, and I'm rounding)? I've been to Tampa. 4 plus million it isn't, unless you're REALLY reaching for a cause. I was willing to accept your argument, but when you resort to name calling, na, nope. Show me something not generated by greedy Tampa agencies.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Ok. I tried to be nice. Tampa is a region of 2.8 million. Even your wikipedia link (classy) shows that on its main stat page. The numbers you are posting are unsubstantiated by any agency not linked to Tampa s economic well being. And unincorporated areas? What's your point? If they were pertinent, they'd be already added to the urban area or msa or csa (wait, Tampa doesn't have a csa). The only idiotic thing here is trying to pull numbers out of thin air to boost a region to something it's not. Tell me, why doesn't the census, your own wiki link outside of a bs unsubstantiated blurb, show Tampa at 2.8 million (oh, and I'm rounding)? I've been to Tampa. 4 plus million it isn't, unless you're REALLY reaching for a cause. I was willing to accept your argument, but when you resort to name calling, na, nope. Show me something not generated by greedy Tampa agencies.

Tampa Population 2014 - World Population Review

Tampa Population 2014
Tampa's population is estimated at 350,000 in 2014, up from 346,000 in 2011. Tampa is part of a large metropolitan area called the Tampa Bay Area (2.8 million population), and the city is also part of the Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Metropolitan statistical area. This is the fourth largest metro area in the Southeastern U.S. after Miami, Washington, D.C. and Atlanta. The Greater Tampa Bay area has more than 4.3 million people and is projected to hit 4.56 million by 2017.

Home - Canada - Tampa Bay Chamber

The Tampa Bay region is home to some 4.3-million residents...

The above is not unsubstantiated blurb; what you write is. It's everywhere, in websites, 99.9% of people who are not blind can see that, you on the other hand? IDK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City