Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 02:43 PM

53 posts, read 71,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Now you are just trolling. One of the largest drivers of home prices in the Hamptons is foreign buyers. There are so many Europeans who own homes there too.
..like the wealthiest person in the music industry - Sir Paul McCartney.

Quote:
In fact, we have 2 families from CA who own on our street.
...like the wealthiest person in Hollywood - Steven Spielberg.

Both own Hamptons mansions and summer there.

The Most Powerful People in the Hamptons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 02:53 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
And Carlos Slim, richest man in the world, summers part-time in the Hamptons.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:58 PM

18,465 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James XV View Post
..like the wealthiest person in the music industry - Sir Paul McCartney.
He's in my neighborhood. I see him around town from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James XV View Post
...like the wealthiest person in Hollywood - Steven Spielberg.

Both own Hamptons mansions and summer there.

The Most Powerful People in the Hamptons
Spielberg's house is at the intersection of two of the most beautiful streets in the Hamptons. It's not unusual to see him around town as well.

Old 01-17-2015, 04:53 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,943,753 times
Quote:
He's in my neighborhood. I see him around town from time to time.

Spielberg's house is at the intersection of two of the most beautiful streets in the Hamptons. It's not unusual to see him around town as well.
You must be super wealthy. I see you're an anesthesiologist.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
You must be super wealthy. I see you're an anesthesiologist.
Among other things. Anesthesia provides a comfortable life, but far from a "wealthy" existence. Nobody is buying a house on the ocean in the Hamptons on an anesthesiologists salary. I have other means of income.

Super wealthy is such a subjective and relative term. I certainly don't feel super wealthy when I am at the beach, or in Manhattan.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:51 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,943,753 times
Quote:
Among other things. Anesthesia provides a comfortable life, but far from a "wealthy" existence. Nobody is buying a house on the ocean in the Hamptons on an anesthesiologists salary. I have other means of income.

Super wealthy is such a subjective and relative term. I certainly don't feel super wealthy when I am at the beach, or in Manhattan.
Yeah, I was pondering how much the typical income is of an anesthesiologist. I was thinking they don't make THAT much. By "THAT" much I mean living near Spielbergs vacation home.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:01 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,926,224 times
This thread is hilarious...everybody sounds like star-struck teenagers. Instead of swooning over rock groups, you're swooning over other people's money, and where they live. Seriously, are we all adults?

Old 01-17-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
This thread is hilarious...everybody sounds like star-struck teenagers. Instead of swooning over rock groups, you're swooning over other people's money, and where they live. Seriously, are we all adults?
Not swooning at all. I'm quite used to it. After 15 years it doesn't even phase me. I was only confirming what another poster was saying.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:21 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,469,326 times
Rich people living like kings no surprise, some of them deserve it for all the hard work they put in, others didn't, thats life for ya. Rich getting richer poor getting poorer, thats every country on earth.

Old 03-02-2015, 02:40 PM

19 posts, read 23,092 times

https://revaluate.com/blog/new-yorks...nt-and-future/

This lays out the situation in NYC pretty well. With all of these new ultra-luxury buildings going up, things could get pretty crazy in the next few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City